Eddie’s title chasers against some league one outfit from Yorkshire

Dr Gloom

1 minute ago, MMXXVIII said:

Do you think we'll put up with Murphy doing his shite for any length of time? I'm surprised he's still there but he'll be moved on sooner rather than later. Wood is wank but who else would sit behind Wilson and Isak?

So what do we do?

Just now, MMXXVIII said:

Do you think we'll put up with Murphy doing his shite for any length of time? I'm surprised he's still there but he'll be moved on sooner rather than later. Wood is wank but who else would sit behind Wilson and Isak?

My Granny could have scored the one that Wood missed

Thing is, we’ve got the ability to be a ‘cup team’. But not in the KK entertainers sense. In the George Graham Arsenal sense. Because our starting XI, particularly that back 4 + Pope makes us so hard to beat. Take that away and we’re nowhere near the same team. Ewerk is correct in that we need to ring the changes in a match like this because the squad is thin but I still maintain Howe tried to be a bit too clever with the changes he made. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wood is not upto standard. Howe knows this more than anyone but there were other players who missed big chances.

On reflection we missed 5 absolute sitters:

2 x Isak

1 x Murphy (that lob was simple)

1 x Anderson

1 x Wood

On another day we would have won that comfortably. Manquillo played well 

Murphy would be a decent player in league 1. Would probably struggle in a Championship team. Same for Wood.

4 minutes ago, trophyshy said:

Surely Howe must bear a modicum of responsibility?  

Nope, 100% Gloom, he couldn’t even get the thread title the right way round, caused the imbalance that made Wood miss. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, MMXXVIII said:

With regards to Wood I expect a youngin will be brought in who will be at least as good with barely hair on his balls and off he'll go.

Wood is simple. It's the likes of Murphy and Lewis the previous regime gave long contracts to. Theyre the ones we need off the wage bill but are the harder ones to shift 

• Like 2

That backline today was fucking  woeful.

If Dummett was fit enough for the bench then he was fit enough to start ahead of Lewis ffs.

And surely Burn ahead of Botman,  an old hand who has played against teams like Sheff Wed for years. Botman looked lost without his regular defensive team mates.

I think Trippier would have been a fair option for the first half too.

48 minutes ago, Howay said:

I never want that stupid cunt to play for us again. He’s absolutely tragic. Don’t want to hear it from the weird groupies on Twitter that give it the “he helped keep us up” wank, he’s pathetic. 

how much did we pay for that useless lump? whatever it was Burnley must be pissing themselves,

• Haha 1

Too many changes having said this they scored their second goal when we had brought some of our experienced players on. Sheffield Weds deserved to win in my opinion. Our finishing was poor simple as that.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Dougle said:

That backline today was fucking  woeful.

If Dummett was fit enough for the bench then he was fit enough to start ahead of Lewis ffs.

And surely Burn ahead of Botman,  an old hand who has played against teams like Sheff Wed for years. Botman looked lost without his regular defensive team mates.

I think Trippier would have been a fair option for the first half too.

You're been harsh on Botman tbh

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Wood is simple. It's the likes of Murphy and Lewis the previous regime gave long contracts to. Theyre the ones we need off the wage bill but are the harder ones to shift 

They're too shite for us but they're good enough for Championship teams. They'll get moves once the word is out.

Just now, MMXXVIII said:

They're too shite for us but they're good enough for Championship teams. They'll get moves once the word is out.

So if you're Murphy with 4 years left on 80k a week and Sheff Utd is offering you 30k, you're gonna take it?

2 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

You're been harsh on Botman tbh

Maybe so but his composure was nowhere near his normally magnificent quality.

He was playing a lower league team , something he simply isn’t used to.

• Like 2

The Wood fee is simply what his release clause was. Burnley wouldn’t have sold him for a penny less. He did help keep us up but we don’t owe him anything in terms of giving him games. We’ve been unlucky with Isak as he hasn’t had injury issues in the previous three seasons. The reason we signed him is so Wood doesn’t have to play. Simple as. The management know he’s not good enough. He was just signed in exceptional circumstances because the club was in such a fucking state thanks to the previous regime. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

So if you're Murphy with 4 years left on 80k a week and Sheff Utd is offering you 30k, you're gonna take it?

I'm not privvy to whatever Murphy is on but I'll be appalled if it's that.

3 minutes ago, Dougle said:

Yeh agree with his composure.  Maybe having that bag of shite next to him wasn't helpful.  

I am starting to think that we should really focus on our second string. The gap is so much greater than I ever imagined. I have often wondered how well the likes of Lewis would do after seeing Joelinton and co. I wasn't against buying others though. I am sad to see us out but I don't think we can sustain an FA cup run, League Cup and League. I am gutted but I am hoping that, as a fan base, we will be happy if January is buying 3 or 4 players who do not get into the starting 11. I was hoping that we would improve starting 11 and Willock, Longstaff become subs. I am now happy to get some lower level in and have a clearer structure. This mess has been about 13 years in the making. We have sorted the starting 11 with about 3 decent subs. We need to improve it a bit more if we can.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Dougle said:

I think it shows the difference between having the cover an extra 9m². Even with a lower level of opposition, everyone has a limit to capacity. Other 3 at the back were not great and a few extra runs coming through due to the drop in quality in the midfield. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GrahamTaylor5 said:

I am starting to think that we should really focus on our second string. The gap is so much greater than I ever imagined. I have often wondered how well the likes of Lewis would do after seeing Joelinton and co. I wasn't against buying others though. I am sad to see us out but I don't think we can sustain an FA cup run, League Cup and League. I am gutted but I am hoping that, as a fan base, we will be happy if January is buying 3 or 4 players who do not get into the starting 11. I was hoping that we would improve starting 11 and Willock, Longstaff become subs. I am now happy to get some lower level in and have a clearer structure. This mess has been about 13 years in the making. We have sorted the starting 11 with about 3 decent subs. We need to improve it a bit more if we can.

I think that's the plan tbh. Sign the next generation. I don't disagree with it either.

• Like 1

Just now, GrahamTaylor5 said:

I think it shows the difference between having the cover an extra 9m². Even with a lower level of opposition, everyone has a limit to capacity. Other 3 at the back were not great and a few extra runs coming through due to the drop in quality in the midfield. 

Well aye. Maybe read my previous post.