How about a nice set of draws, pet v The gnashing walls of perpetual whining and phlegm, la.

trophyshy

I thought first couple of minutes Longy wasn't quite in it.  But he was great and ran his blood to water.

We can be positive with the response.

Question is.  If Willock is fit next week.  Does ASM start ahead of him?

8 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

I think it's only one if it's not violent play. 

Howe was questioning the red in the post match interview but also offering the disclaimer that he was not sure of the rules surrounding red cards for handballs.

If there is any avenue for appeal we will take it, as I said earlier when he handled the ball we had two player goal side of the ball and their forward and it was 40 yards from goal.

6 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Longstaff looked absolutely fucked at the end of the game, but he'll be back doing the same next Sunday. Into everything. 

As for Karius, the bloke cost Liverpool a Champions League. What's not to like?! 

He's going to Karius to glory 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, MrBass said:

Really hope they interview Eddie first as I don’t think I have the patience for that twat sucking off Klopp. 

What Klopp said in the interview I saw was fair, his face is one of the most annoying things in the universe though, so you'd best avoid it. He basically said they were far from perfect (especially against 10 men) but the goals were perfect and he was happy to have kept a clean sheet away.

4 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

I thought first couple of minutes Longy wasn't quite in it.  But he was great and ran his blood to water.

We can be positive with the response.

Question is.  If Willock is fit next week.  Does ASM start ahead of him?

YES

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OTF said:

Howe was questioning the red in the post match interview but also offering the disclaimer that he was not sure of the rules surrounding red cards for handballs.

If there is any avenue for appeal we will take it, as I said earlier when he handled the ball we had two player goal side of the ball and their forward and it was 40 yards from goal.

Redknapp was saying it's a stupid rule that needs changed in reference to Pope getting sent off in those circumstances. Then again Redknapp could be talking out of his arse and not actually know what the rules are. 

2 minutes ago, OTF said:

What Klopp said in the interview I saw was fair, his face is one of the most annoying things in the universe though, so you'd best avoid it. He basically said they were far from perfect (especially against 10 men) but the goals were perfect and he was happy to have kept a clean sheet away.

What did he say?  Was he asked 'You're on an amazing run, can you win the league? Oh and do you mind if I clean your rim of shit?'

'Ja ja ja ja'

3 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Redknapp was saying it's a stupid rule that needs changed in reference to Pope getting sent off in those circumstances. Then again Redknapp could be talking out of his arse and not actually know what the rules are. 

It's all down to whether it was an "obvious goal scoring opportunity". If it's immediately a handball there's no doubt that it was, however that was not the case. Pope heads it first and then handles the ball on the ground. In that time two of our defenders have covered ground to be between their player and the goal. Personally I think we have a case, but I'm biased so can't tell whether that's reality or my black and white specs.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OTF said:

It's all down to whether it was an "obvious goal scoring opportunity". If it's immediately a handball there's no doubt that it was, however that was not the case. Pope heads it first and then handles the ball on the ground. In that time two of our defenders have covered ground to be between their player and the goal. Personally I think we have a case, but I'm biased so can't tell whether that's reality or my black and white specs.

If we can appeal, and the appeal can be heard before next week then I say we appeal and take the risk of escalation. 

Proud of the lads tonight, liverpool scored two quality goals that can happen if we play high up the pitch. Which we need to, to allow our players to press.

Once we went down to 10 they grafted their tits off, a couple of years ago we lose that 6-0. 

It’s a shame to lose Pope for the final but Karius will be fine. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Chaser said:

If we can appeal, and the appeal can be heard before next week then I say we appeal and take the risk of escalation. 

Agree. There's very little chance that they would extend the ban for this IMO. They'd have to consider it frivilous, there enough contention here and in the context of a cup final where our second option is cup tied it is anything but frivilous.

Just now, strawb said:

Proud of the lads tonight, liverpool scored two quality goals that can happen if we play high up the pitch. Which we need to, to allow our players to press.

Once we went down to 10 they grafted their tits off, a couple of years ago we lose that 6-0. 

Well said, if you press from the front, and have possession far up the pitch it naturally brings the defenders further up the pitch as you can't leave space between the defense and midfield.

If Karius does play there will be something poetic about it...

Coming back from the match now. Twenty five catastrophic minutes. The only positive is that things didn't get worse following Pope's dismissal. I've reluctantly been dragged back to reality now, no expectations of silverware or CL football next year. In a way its a relief. I was getting way too stressed. Not now though.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, OTF said:

Jamie Redknapp was saying he thinks a) there were defenders there, and b) if that's an outfield player it's a yellow, so why a red for a keeper. 

I almost felt a bit bad for calling his dad a scrotum face. 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, strawb said:

Whtly the fuck was Pope part of the high press though. I mean that's going a bit far. :lol: