Wor Eddie's Fuck The Draw Bastards v Eriks Schmoking the Pancake School Meal Wankers - AKA The League Cup Final + Gemmill Loves Excel

wykikitoon

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

Thought he showed in patches what he can do today. He’d be better off with Targett at LB too. Long term though? Is he a luxury a top side would indulge. Either way, no problems with his performance today and if it’s 0-0 or 1-0 at HT then he causes a different threat compared to the way Man Utd could sit deep 2nd half 

Thought he should have stayed on. Surprised Eddie took him off. If anyone was going to do something it was him. 

• Like 4

Just now, wykikitoon said:

Thought he should have stayed on. Surprised Eddie took him off. If anyone was going to do something it was him. 

Yeah. I doubt it would have made a difference to the result but it was a strange one 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

There was no need to make the challenge. Rashford wasn't getting past 2 men. We've been shite defending set pieces recently 

And shite at deciding when to make challenges also, a terrible combination.

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Was anyone else surprised at how shit Man U were?

They didn’t need to get out of 3rd gear to beat us and they’ve played 8 games in the time we’ve played four. So no. Man Utd weren’t shit.  All their players were at least 7/10 (compared with ours) apart maybe from Fred  :cuppa:

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

What did they have to do, we had loads of possession but didn’t really look like scoring 

I suppose when you put it that way it’s a bit like how when we dispatched Brighton or Swansea when Bruce was in charge.

no point bossing the game if you don’t put the Ball in tne net

tje point remains about Man U though. Thought they were deeply Unimpressive 

Looking forward to caining them in the next year or two 

• Like 1

Bitterly disappointed of course but still feeling better than what I'd thought I'd be. A lot of you have already spoken about the reasons why. Early in the project etc etc

It's just come a couple of years early, it would have been amazing if we'd won. You can't overhaul a whole squad in a couple of windows. Not even City could do that without FFP. The squad's failings are becoming more evident as the season goes on. It was always going to happen, there's only so much you can do with superhuman energy and astute tactics. 

Quite disappointed in Wilson. He was such a miss for us when he couldn't play, he's almost a liability now. Love Burn, Miggy, Longstaff and ASM but they are not the standard of a team that wants to challenge top 4 regularly. I hope we can upgrade at least half these players in the summer. Roll on new sponsorships.

Isak's cameo was promising again today. There is a seriously dangerous player in there with the right grooming. I forgot we have Gordon now too. Thing will probably get worse at City before they get better but hopefully we can stay in the hunt for Europe.

• Like 2

I think Eddie got it wrong and should have had Isak on from the start I think his pace would have opened up their defence ,Karius possibly should have saved the second but made some other good saves.......fantastic day and the atmosphere in stadium was electric.

Anyway I'm half pissed and need some sleep as leaving early in the morning (thats what my co driver thinks) I should be fine to leave about midday after a good breakfast from our hosts whose 8 year old son is now the proud owner of a NUFC scarf & bucket hat.

• Like 2

We conceded from a set piece and a deflected goal that wasn’t even going on target. I’m not saying they didn’t deserve to win and I thought at HT that would be the FT score. So we didn’t really see a proper contest second half as they just sat and soaked up the pressure. I also agree we never looked like breaking them down. On the other hand there was very little in it. Some of the overreactions in the media regarding how ‘good’ they were is ridiculous. I also think we don’t concede the second if we haven’t given away the first one. Not making excuses but Gloom is correct pointing out how there’s not that big a gap, even if there should be in paper. Btw Bruno needs to learn sometimes you can’t win the ball. I know that’s his game but two daft challenges in his last two games have been very costly 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I’m surprised our xG is higher than theirs because despite all our possession the one thing we struggled to do is create clear cut chances (again)

But they created very little too (although as we’ve said, they didn’t need to)