Eddie “ Eagle-Eyed Action Man, with Gripping Hands” Howe’s Unstoppable Force vs Playmobil Heed’s Perennial Bottle Arse(nal)’s. Sun 7th May. Saint James’es’s Park. 16:30h.

Monkeys Fist

10 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

When we played PSV in 2004 I was sat in the 1892 with a mate.  There was a guy next to us in a suit who was wankered.  I thought he was just a pissed up lad who was on the lash from work.  I couldn't understand WTF he was saying.  Then PSV scored and I soon realised why, he was Dutch and a PSV fan :lol: Some moaned about throwing him out, but a few said he was doing no harm.  He was on his own and causing no bother.  We won anyways.

We went to psv the first time in 97 without tickets as the club went official trip only after we'd booked flights. Two of us managed to get tickets in the nufc end and me and a mate got tickets in the uefa "lounge" by accident which was nice. 

Anyway we were talking to two lads who like us didn't have tickets and they got theirs right in their end behind the goal so one of them bought a psv away strip to wear as he couldn't face buying a red and white home one. 

As soon as they walked in the fans around them said "you must be English" - they weren't hassled at all but asked how they were spotted thinking they'd given themselves away - "Nobody wears the away strip for home games" was the reply. 

• Haha 6

I think the only home end I've been in was Spurs away when we destroyed them 4-1 with Martins and Owen etc.

I celebrated the fourth as there were barely any fans left...then walked out White hart lane with pretend carpets under my arms and my massive nuts dragging on the floor.

Edited by Holden McGroin
  • Haha 5

Haven't read the thread but;

We played well, just one of those games of fine margins. Hit the woodwork a couple of times, Ramsdale played well. Unlucky with the own goal. 

We missed Longstaff for his combination with Bruno and his defensive work.

Bruno looks like he's carrying a knock

Play like that for the rest of the season and we could go unbeaten.

Still think CL is ours.

It's nice to be in a position where we have to play below par and good teams have to play well to beat us.

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Haven't read the thread

Well, well, well. Plenty of time to play with your xG spreadsheets and deliver your inane patter on podcasts to your target audience of probably 4; plenty of time to hang around the SMB and annoy them with your verbose and pompous truths; plenty of time to bore us with your life hacks; plenty of time to perfect your next English tapas; no doubt plenty of time for your wife and kid; but your time is too precious to LITERALLY drink from the font of wisdom that is the collective of this forum about NUFC!??? 

I tell you, I've defended you in the past Mr Fish, but no more, this is not defendible. 

• Haha 8

7 minutes ago, Renton said:

Well, well, well. Plenty of time to play with your xG spreadsheets and deliver your inane patter on podcasts to your target audience of probably 4; plenty of time to hang around the SMB and annoy them with your verbose and pompous truths; plenty of time to bore us with your life hacks; plenty of time to perfect your next English tapas; no doubt plenty of time for your wife and kid; but your time is too precious to LITERALLY drink from the font of wisdom that is the collective of this forum about NUFC!??? 

I tell you, I've defended you in the past Mr Fish, but no more, this is not defendible. 

Nothing is defendible. but my actions are defendable or defensible.

Also, you spend more time on SMB than I do these days. 

I'll be stat-dumping later, have no fear.

Edited by The Fish
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Renton said:

Fuck! Floored by the pedantic mispelling riposte. 

Angry Comedy Bang Bang GIF

Um actually, it's "Misspelling "

Hoisted by your own petard. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

What ye olde, steam-powered, gifted-to-the-Maasai device are you on, where it doesn't have an automatic spellcheck?

I was about five rows down from the altercation in the family. I think the trouble was he celebrated, people got pissed off but he then doubled down on it, although by the time it kicked off my view was partially obscured. The wife's cousin had his young'un and was closer so moved down the stairs to get him out the way as his bairn and others were upset. According to him the lad is a well known knacker from North Shields, I don't know who's right about him being a decent lad or a knacker, UM or the wife's cousin but in a volatile atmosphere he should've realised he was fucked celebrating or even put his hand up, it might've helped, steward was clearly out of his depth and knew little about anything, possibly even English. The lad must've seen where he was, (family enc) and should've really have took the hint. Bad crack all round tbh and yes, I've celebrated in an away end and was perfectly fine but it was in a more sparsely attended stand at a half full goodison. I wouldn't have done it had it been chocka and in a high tension match. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, The Fish said:

What ye olde, steam-powered, gifted-to-the-Maasai device are you on, where it doesn't have an automatic spellcheck?

I'm on Chrome on a laptop currently. Probably a setting or something Fish but FRANKLY I DON'T CARE. 

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

I'm on Chrome on a laptop currently. Probably a setting or something Fish but FRANKLY I DON'T CARE. 

It certainly seems like you're not bothered. 

No Way Idk GIF by Originals

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Renton said:

Loop Reaction GIF

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ugly Mackems said:

He lives in Howdon. He's always been Arsenal. Utter bullshit about throwing bottles. He only kicked off when he was being attacked. There'll be 3 or 4 Toon fans in serious risk of losing their ST. Fella in blue SI shirt and bald bloke in black polo especially. Only folk he attacked were attacking him. 

He knows he fucked up jumping up but that's all he did. 

how did he get his ticket,  was it is his own purchase or was it bought for him?

if it was the latter  the person who made the transaction for that seat number needs to be very concerned over the next few days about what sort of letter they get dropping through their door.

shit loads of newcastle supporters turfed out of level 4 of the leazes for reacting to being bombarded with spit, coins and cups of piss off the man utd supporters. one season ticket holder I know has subsequently had a 3 year club ban, (currently going through appeal) his letter stated as he'd made the purchase he was responsible for the behaviour of the person ejected.

last 2 aways I've been to, (forest and west ham) soon as I've got in I've stood wherever I've seen a bit of a gap rather than next to the allocated seat and tossed the ticket.

I'd hate in the event of heavy handed stewarding, which it was at nottingham, to be even inadvertently responsible for getting a donor landed in the shit.

• Like 3

Unless UM was there he’ll be getting the lad’s version of the tale so you obviously have to take that with a pinch of salt. I also hope he didn’t get his ticket off UM 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Ugly Mackems said:

He lives in Howdon. He's always been Arsenal. Utter bullshit about throwing bottles. He only kicked off when he was being attacked. There'll be 3 or 4 Toon fans in serious risk of losing their ST. Fella in blue SI shirt and bald bloke in black polo especially. Only folk he attacked were attacking him. 

He knows he fucked up jumping up but that's all he did. 

He will be ok if he is from a nice family.

I do have to say that it does my head in with people getting mad about single supporters being in the wrong end though. I have done it several times because it is the only way to get a ticket. It doesn’t do any real harm and normally involves a huge amount of effort to get those few tickets. I could understand people getting pissed off by a large section of a stand getting taken over, but single fans exposing themselves to a torrid of abuse? Fuck off, it’s rather showing some dedication than causing harm or taking tickets off “real” fans.

It is not the Arsenal supporter who should feel ashamed iyam

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Isegrim said:

He will be ok if he is from a nice family.

I do have to say that it does my head in with people getting mad about single supporters being in the wrong end though. I have done it several times because it is the only way to get a ticket. It doesn’t do any real harm and normally involves a huge amount of effort to get those few tickets. I could understand people getting pissed off by a large section of a stand getting taken over, but single fans exposing themselves to a torrid of abuse? Fuck off, it’s rather showing some dedication than causing harm or taking tickets off “real” fans.

It is not the Arsenal supporter who should feel ashamed iyam

Inclined to agree however just before the manhandling began his face told a picture that he was pretty pleased with himself. Nobody comes out of that smelling of roses very much including him. I'd fucking love to know how people like him get in especially in that part of the ground. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Alex said:

Unless UM was there he’ll be getting the lad’s version of the tale so you obviously have to take that with a pinch of salt. I also hope he didn’t get his ticket off UM 

You can see in numerous videos he defends himself. 

13 minutes ago, Alex said:

I guess that answers where he got the ticket 

"Vodka calling Coke. Vodka calling Coke. Come in Coke." 

6e9a01e0bbd4ccced287820ab7cc6130--adler-

"This is Coke calling Vodka. Did you get the ticket? Over."

1254156865_hqdefault(2)(7).jpg.d205dd5fcfc216b922d9348b075eedf3.jpg

"Vodka calling Coke. Affirmative. Got it outside the Labour Club. Over."

1350478114d4d904e7f3d33863ea15da.thumb.jpg.00f0dba3cc03a327df4af562d7b3cae4.jpg

"Did you see any good families? Over."

1254156865_hqdefault(2)(7).jpg.d205dd5fcfc216b922d9348b075eedf3.jpg

"I saw loads of them. It was the family enclosure. Over "

1350478114d4d904e7f3d33863ea15da.thumb.jpg.00f0dba3cc03a327df4af562d7b3cae4.jpg