Eddie “ Eagle-Eyed Action Man, with Gripping Hands” Howe’s Unstoppable Force vs Playmobil Heed’s Perennial Bottle Arse(nal)’s. Sun 7th May. Saint James’es’s Park. 16:30h.

Monkeys Fist

I can’t get over that handball law tbh. How hard is it to just say “if that ball hits your arm and it’s canny apparent that you meant it, it’s handball” Why the FUCK are they obsessed with convoluting everything? No wonder the refs are fucking useless, no cunt could possibly make a decision in real time with this rule book

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I can’t get over that handball law tbh. How hard is it to just say “if that ball hits your arm and it’s canny apparent that you meant it, it’s handball” Why the FUCK are they obsessed with convoluting everything? No wonder the refs are fucking useless, no cunt could possibly make a decision in real time with this rule book

It's the clear and obvious bit for me that's CLEAR as day why VAR was brought in.  Ref gave a pen.  It should have stood.  It wasn't a CLEAR AND OBVIOUS error in officiating.  If it was, then why did it take numerous checks and a long time to check? 

• Like 5

I thought the VAR drama suppressed our mood, improved their mood but most significantly the length of the hiatus totally disrupted our dominance of them. Did they score almost immediately after? Feels as if they did. Having said that our response was surprisingly inadequate and they deserved the win

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MMXXVIII said:

We'll see how the season pans out but that was the first time I felt we are weak.

We played the second in the league who have been top of the league for the majority of the season.  The pundits have lauded them and City most of the season.  Rightly so.  But we have gone toe to toe with them for large parts of that game.  

• Like 1

Just now, wykikitoon said:

We played the second in the league who have been top of the league for the majority of the season.  The pundits have lauded them and City most of the season.  Rightly so.  But we have gone toe to toe with them for large parts of that game.  

We looked weak. How it's addressed I leave in the hands of Sir Eddie.

11 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

Hope the extra drinking time makes it a tremendous atmosphere today. Think if we can do our get at them quick thing, we just may come away with all three.

I can’t make my mind up between Joe out left to add a bit of grit or Isak out left to terrify them. Suppose it depends how Sean is doing.

3-2

Don't do this again

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

Travelling back now. Nappy's intact. You have to give Arsenal credit for the position they've achieved in the league. Man City will win it but nobody can stop them for the foreseeable. 

I think Howe got it wrong today. He gambled too much in the starting line up. There was honestly no need for this. We had to score early doors and after Murphy hit the post I feared the worst. This was 90 seconds in, but was the sliding doors moment. Had that went in, we would have won, comfortably. As it was when they went ahead, due to a weaker midfield pulling our defence apart, we had no subs left to improve things. Imo anyway. but I acknowledge I know fuck all.

Ateotd, Arsenal wont win the league and we will still get CL I reckon. What next? Who will take on the challenge of the Leeds thread? Not me, that's for certain. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

It's the clear and obvious bit for me that's CLEAR as day why VAR was brought in.  Ref gave a pen.  It should have stood.  It wasn't a CLEAR AND OBVIOUS error in officiating.  If it was, then why did it take numerous checks and a long time to check? 

100%

He didn't have a fucking clue if it did or didn't hit his arm after watching 10 replays.  Therefore you stick with the onfield decision 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, MMXXVIII said:

We looked weak. How it's addressed I leave in the hands of Sir Eddie.

Nah. We just played one of the best 2 teams in the country and they finished their chances better than us. We were never going to steamroller them 4-0. We hit the post twice and should have had a penalty. 

Put the same performance on against Leeds and we win 2 or 3-0

• Like 7

Said a while back that there needs to be a time limit on VAR decisions but also that the people looking at the screens need to own that decision making instead of getting refs to have a look and then (inevitably) feel they have to change their mind 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 7

14 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

This all day long btw. I didn't have good sight of it, and haven't seen replays, but the ref gave it and this should only be overturned if he's made a howler. But once he's called to the monitor, he's in an impossible position. Fucking sick of VAR. I never wanted it and its not fixable with humans involved. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Nah. We just played one of the best 2 teams in the country and they finished their chances better than us. We were never going to steamroller them 4-0. We hit the post twice and should have had a penalty. 

Put the same performance on against Leeds and we win 2 or 3-0

Aye agreed, if we play like this the remainder of the season we will win 3 out of 4, we just fluffed our lines. 

I think Wilson is a better impact sub, hopefully we go back to Isak in the middle with Joelinton wide left and bring Wilson on after 60 mins or so. Real shame we don’t have Longstaff, we lost the midfield battle today imo which forced us wide every time, still besides all that we had enough chances to get points today so only have ourselves to blame. Only silver lining is we didn’t play poorly and we’ve reacted well to losses. 

• Like 3

What do you say about that. Firstly Ramsdale was their best player with Odegaard a close second. A bit more clinical and we could have easily won the game. A draw was the least we deserved and would have been a fair result when you, again, look at how we worked Ramsdale. But we have to give credit to Arsenal who weathered our early storm and showed some guts. You also have to acknowledge that they have players with greater technical skill in the wide attacking areas. Apart from Isak pretty much playing out of position we are weak when it comes to accurate passes into the box from our wingers. Almiron and Murphy break my heart with some of the positions they get into only to play the ball behind our attacking players or generally just waste the opportunity. The positives are that we didn't play badly and we came up against a very good team, and next up we have a team down the bottom of the table. Playing a relegation threatened team comes with its own difficulties but if we play as well as we did today we shouldn't have any problems. Related to that I hope fans do take the fact that we played well and lost a tight game to heart and don't start pissing themselves on social media about top 4. I know lads on here joke about mostly but there's some right doom merchants on twitter and elsewhere. You would hope that the players  wouldn't be affected by fan pessimism or negativity, but we should be giving all the positivity and support we can until the end regardless. Oh and Bruno clearly needs a rest. He's been shocking by his own standards for more than a few games now. The only problem is that we have no one to replace him with. That problem along with needing more technical quality in attacking areas will hopefully be addressed in the summer. We should always remember how far ahead we are of schedule. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Howay said:

Aye agreed, if we play like this the remainder of the season we will win 3 out of 4, we just fluffed our lines. 

I think Wilson is a better impact sub, hopefully we go back to Isak in the middle with Joelinton wide left and bring Wilson on after 60 mins or so. Real shame we don’t have Longstaff, we lost the midfield battle today imo which forced us wide every time, still besides all that we had enough chances to get points today so only have ourselves to blame. Only silver lining is we didn’t play poorly and we’ve reacted well to losses. 

It's amazing how much we miss Longstaff, he's honestly the glue and Bruno in particular plays poorly without him. He's been a quiet but massive part of this season. A Speed or Lee type player who I also never appreciated enough until they left. 

• Like 11

13 minutes ago, Howay said:

The timing of the VAR decision fucked us too. Crowd was bouncing and we were having a good go at them. 3min delay and an overturned penalty give Arsenal some life again 

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

How many VAR's have still stood once the cunts gone to the monitor? 

I can only recall one, can't recall what game it was in mind. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Renton said:

It's amazing how much we miss Longstaff, he's honestly the glue and Bruno in particular plays poorly without him. He's been a quiet but massive part of this season. A Speed or Lee type player who I also never appreciated enough until they left. 

Top class defensive midfield the absolute priority this window. Especially with the extra games next season 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

The timing of the VAR decision fucked us too. Crowd was bouncing and we were having a good go at them. 3min delay and an overturned penalty give Arsenal some life again 

One of the most irritating parts was we were all over them, the ball was in the box and they were hemmed in - the ref blew his whistle and when play resumed after Var ramsdale had a free kick :lol: 

7 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Yeah. Massive momentum shift, particularly with their scoring soon after 

• Like 1