Other Games 23/24

Ayatollah Hermione

32 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Joe Willock's disallowed goal v Palace was way worse than this Diaz thing, and nobody in the media gave a fuck.

It means more when it's Liverpool apparently?

• Haha 2

I think it's out of proportion. This is the first time in 15 years that VAR have made a mistake. They were bound to get one wrong eventually. It's just a shame it was against Liverpool. Poor Liverpool. It could've happened to any of us. I guess Liverpool are just the most unlucky club in the world. It's a tragedy. Could you imagine if something like this ever happened to us? It's hard to fathom but I think we'd also be pretty annoyed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

42 minutes ago, Howay said:

:lol: 

Their range of options as I see it are:

1. Moan about it but eventually move on.

2. Move on.

3. A bit of 1 and 2.

4. Go to the United Nations court of arbitration and petition to get the game restarted at 1-0 to Liverpool and nobody gets sent off just like every other club does when they're delivered a shit sandwich by VAR. Oh wait, that doesn't happen does it?

• Haha 7

17 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

2. Move on.

3. A bit of 1 and 2.

4. Go to the United Nations court of arbitration and petition to get the game restarted at 1-0 to Liverpool and nobody gets sent off just like every other club does when they're delivered a shit sandwich by VAR. Oh wait, that doesn't happen does it?

Thing is, it will be option 1 (without the move on bit) and in turn they will get every borderline decision from here on in.

Kunt Klopp is the new Sir Red Nose Wanker when it come to offiicials, unfucking touchable and knows how he carries on post match when they are "robbed," will swing things towards the bin dippers for the next few matches.

• Like 2

Apparently the officials involved had reffed an exhibition match in Dubai during the week and "only" returned 48 hours before the Spurs v Liverpool match. James Richardson is asking on his podcast whether it's appropriate that officials return to the country that close to a game with "lingering fatigue" etc. :lol:

I'm asking whether it's appropriate for the entire football punditing world to so clearly demonstrate its pro Liverpool bias.

Edited by Gemmill
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

2. Move on.

3. A bit of 1 and 2.

You missed out the minute’s silence option 

• Haha 7

8 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

2. Move on.

3. A bit of 1 and 2.

I suspect all four then they’ll reluctantly just accept all the teams wear a black arm band and respect a minutes silence for next weekends fixtures.

• Haha 3

I caught a bit of SSN just now and they said its the 14th apology for var mistakes. 

I know we got one for Palace and Brighton got one for that Spurs pen debacle but I'd like to see what the other ones were. 

As others have said this must be the first one the scouse cunts have had as they've never needed one as they usually benefit. That one against West Ham where their player went all Harlem Globetrotters on the ball without punishment comes to mind. 

In addition to those three the other 11 are the planned future apologies to be issued across the next week and a half to Liverpool in honour of the uniqueness of this wrong done to them.

• Haha 3

The way they're going on you'd think this goal was a matter of life and death.

What can they possibly do here in escalation other than get a few people sacked and put the fear of God into the officials? They can't undo the result.

Loathsome club tbh, absolutely pathetic.

• Like 8

I honestly think that's what they're trying to do here. Make an example and damage the careers of the specific officials involved.

Human sacrifice is the only punishment the liver bird will accept now.

• Like 4

The rank entitlement is embarrassing. 

Two things;

The offside was a massive cock up and the VAR process is in a mess, but plenty of teams have had similar issues, or worse. Even on the weekend, Brentford should definitely have had a penalty when the Forest 'keeper took out Wissa. But they didn't. You don't see Thomas Frank and Brentford 'exploring options' do you?

Liverpool need to pull on some big boy pants and realise they didn't lose that game because of one offside mistake. Spurs deserved to win helped chiefly by Liverpool having two men sent off. Liverpool have twice as many red cards as anyone else in the League,

Mac Allister's was overturned, but it was high, studs showing so I wouldn't have been surprised if it had have stood.

Van Dijk's was a clear red and it stood.

Jones goes over the ball, studs showing red card all day

Jota is unlucky to get a yellow for the first incident but it happens, HOWEVER once on a yellow that second challenge was always, always going to be a second one and an early bath.

• Like 2