Other Games 23/24

Ayatollah Hermione

16 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

a couple of seasons of Man U and Liverpool making up the numbers in mid table would be a thing of beauty. Imagine the inquest and anguish on sky. 

Hungry Ad-Rock GIF by Beastie Boys

Tbh that’s where Liverpool were up until they sold Coutinho. Man Utd have mostly been there since Fergie left… 

20 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Won’t stop them banging the “big six” drum mind.

Twats

Some CUNT on the Totally Football podcast was banging on about Palace having the best CB partnership outside of the Top 6.

Aye mate, that's why they're 12th.

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

a couple of seasons of Man U and Liverpool making up the numbers in mid table would be a thing of beauty. Imagine the inquest and anguish on sky. 

Hungry Ad-Rock GIF by Beastie Boys

Ex-Man U and Liverpool players wandering round on a Sunday afternoon at a total loss because Sky haven't booked them on.

No, actually that's never going to happen.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Won’t stop them banging the “big six” drum mind.

Twats

This is the reason, just as much as European conference/Europa league (whatever it's going to be?) why I want to finish sixth as they can put one season down to a fluke, two seasons in a row where we're top six is going to give them something to chew on whenever they mention the big six, or they'll invent a big seven tag).

*Or top eleven like they showed when Liverpool were eleventh). :lol:

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, aimaad22 said:

They are in decline and Klopp knows it, just so happens he needs a break right now :quotes: 

If Slot is anything like Ten Hag (fingers crossed), next season could be very tasty.  

In the Alex Ferguson school of "Bail to protect the legacy" - The difference is, Ferguson won everything, repeatedly, including winning the league with a tired, ageing squad in his last season and Klopp has won everything once, and royally shat the bed with a much younger squad :lol: .. Slot is going to have to cash in on Salah to the Saudis and they won't be able to afford a suitable replacement. Unless he's a top class manager, Liverpool could be absolutely fucked next year.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Tbh that’s where Liverpool were up until they sold Coutinho. Man Utd have mostly been there since Fergie left… 

they've fallen away since fergie left but they've still been in and around the top 6 and picking up the odd trophy - enough to keep sky wanking over the "big six"

i want them both down in 8th and 9th next season and for the likes of us and villa to continue upending the narrative. force the cunts to accept there are other clubs worth talking about on merit. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

This is the reason, just as much as European conference/Europa league (whatever it's going to be?) why I want to finish sixth as they can put one season down to a fluke, two seasons in a row where we're top six is going to give them something to chew on whenever they mention the big six, or they'll invent a big seven tag).

*Or top eleven like they showed when Liverpool were eleventh). :lol:

I think I said that before the takeover happened. Clubs like Man Utd and Liverpool would need an extended time away from Europe, or a catastrophic collapse to fall out of consideration. They could spend 3 seasons bobbling between 8th and 12th, and some hockling scrote would still name them as 'dark horses to get CL football'. 

We can absolutely become a regular contender for the top spots, but their wealth, contemporary strength and infrastructure means they're really unlikely to fall out of contention that far or for too long. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

In the Alex Ferguson school of "Bail to protect the legacy" - The difference is, Ferguson won everything, repeatedly, including winning the league with a tired, ageing squad in his last season and Klopp has won everything once, and royally shat the bed with a much younger squad :lol: .. Slot is going to have to cash in on Salah to the Saudis and they won't be able to afford a suitable replacement. Unless he's a top class manager, Liverpool could be absolutely fucked next year.

Slot does have all the pundits cooing about him, but then so did Brendan Rodgers. Given they make c£800m in revenue, they've got tremendous spending power, enough to bin off a bad manager and his bad signings. You'd need a succession of poor appointments to really damage their standing. Same is true with Man Utd, the difference is, the Glazers (and hopefully INEOS) appear way less competent than FSG.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Stephen Colbert Good Luck GIF

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

they've fallen away since fergie left but they've still been in and around the top 6 and picking up the odd trophy - enough to keep sky wanking over the "big six"

i want them both down in 8th and 9th next season and for the likes of us and villa to continue upending the narrative. force the cunts to accept there are other clubs worth talking about on merit. 

The big six bullshit comes from Man City and Spurs moving their tanks on to the lawns of Liverpool Man Utd Arsenal and Chelsea in the last decade. Anyone remember the big 4? And now if we finish 6th with Villa 4th the tv wonks will come up with something else… 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

The big six bullshit comes from Man City and Spurs moving their tanks on to the lawns of Liverpool Man Utd Arsenal and Chelsea in the last decade. Anyone remember the big 4? And now if we finish 6th with Villa 4th the tv wonks will come up with something else… 

I think we're all old enough to remember the 'Top 2' or Fergies' Man Utd and Wenger's Arsenal.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I think we're all old enough to remember the 'Top 2' or Fergies' Man Utd and Wenger's Arsenal.

Some of us are old enough to remember Villa winning the league and Ipswich finishing second. And @Toonpack is so old he can actually remember Newcastle winning a trophy 😱

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Some of us are old enough to remember Villa winning the league and Ipswich finishing second. And is so old he can actually remember Newcastle winning a trophy 😱

Getting Old Baby Boomers GIF by MOODMAN

16 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Some of us are old enough to remember Villa winning the league and Ipswich finishing second. And @Toonpack is so old he can actually remember Newcastle winning a trophy 😱

So can I 

Aging Season 9 GIF by Friends

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

I remember them trying to get a 'big 5' schtick going around the late 80s but a lot of the media ignored it, (Everton, Liverpool, Man U, Arsenal and Spurs). At least three of those would've been the protagonists behind the proposed new league, (PL), with sky whispering sweet nothings into their ears.

Those clubs happened to be in the two  main regional stations who did the football for ITV, Granada and Thames, and if you ever saw ITV's coverage when they had the football rights it showed! 

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

the big top half of the table? 

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

True dat

I was also there (in the old stand) when we won the Texaco Cup

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Toonpack said:

True dat

I was also there (in the old stand) when we won the Texaco Cup

Well I was there when we drew 4-4 with Troyes, so it's safe to say we've all seen some things. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:

1. Kelly Cates is milf royalty 

2. I’d quite like Arsenal to win the league 

:cuppa:

You’ve spelled Salma wrong mate. 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

1. Kelly Cates is milf royalty 

2. I’d quite like Arsenal to win the league 

:cuppa:

She's lost a lot of weight in a short space of time. Laura Woods and Lynsey 'I'd put her Hip'-sgrave out over her. 

• Haha 3