Respectful Pep's Arteta Squashers vs Eddie "Fanny Magnet" Howe's Rapid Challengers

Gemmill

Turns out Citeh are still quite good even with injuries to several key players. Their ability to keep hold of the ball is absurd. The positives are that it's only 1-0, and we have a strong bench for late in the game, where you'd hope they will tire after their midweek adventures, and without the usual luxury of a bench worth 200m+

• Like 1

Almiron giving Grealish more pissed up ammunition. Joe Linton and a few others have let the opposition’s reputation get to them. Still, win the second half and that’s a decent result. 

Loads of time to sort it, think we've been cagey, but we've played well defensively bar the goal. 

Going forward we've been too afraid to lose it. I think there's a few out there just not getting into gear. Gordon has had glimpses but none of our play has been that threatening. City have been excellent with their press though. 

Just now, Kitman said:

Half time. We've not looked like ourselves at all imo - disjointed and giving the ball away. Surely due a better second half and we're still in it at 1 down

Pep has deployed a plan i think. He knows what we do and closed it down everywhere. They’ve not created much but their goal was a fuckin joy. Foden in that wee pocket and the finish 👍

Think am getting soft in my old age 😆

• Like 1

Going pretty much as I thought it would. We're still miles even of an under strength City. As every other team is tbh. 

Done well to play calm and pass it about at times. Never gotten in behind them so far though. 

Mind you they've also has about 2 good chances only one of which was the cracking finish from Alvarez. 

Just now, MMXXVIII said:

Been far too sloppy. I'd have taken 1-0 at half time even before they scored.

Agreed. 1-0 is acceptable at half-time against City away. We should improve second half too. 

Studio commentators discussing whether it's poor from Pope on the goal. He does have his feet planted a little so maybe he could've moved a bit earlier all things considered. But really the blame is on Schar for leaving a gigantic space between himself and Botman. That was the problem. Pope could've pulled off a great save, but there's no way that goal can be blamed on him. Not even close for me.

1 minute ago, aimaad22 said:

Going pretty much as I thought it would. We're still miles even of an under strength City. As every other team is tbh. 

Done well to play calm and pass it about at times. Never gotten in behind them so far though. 

Mind you they've also has about 2 good chances only one of which was the cracking finish from Alvarez. 

He did Pope for pace. It was at a saveable height and range otherwise tbh

• Like 1

These are just a level above, it's that simple. When you're constantly defending and covering spaces unfortunately it fucks you so absolutely no shock we're struggling with possession especially as these know what they're doing. Hopefully we keep them out and get a break up front but can't say I'm too confident. 

• Like 4