Eddie and Mad Dog's still shite but slightly better, it was only Brentford FFS, Geordie Boys v Sandro Doesn't Live Here Anymore, Sandro Use To Room On The Second Floor, Meelan

sammynb

3 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Gordon isn’t much improvement on the rest of the wingers. He is basically just quick. I don’t like his positional play but Howe can sort that out. I think that’s why he didn’t trust him last season. 

I hope Barnes starts getting a chance as he is the only winger that will rack goal involvements.

Depending on the game I’d more likely start Big Joe and Willock on our left side though. 

Agree with the bit in bold.

I think Gordon is the best of the wingers we have currently available.

I think ASM would have been well up for that tonight. I understand why we flogged him but he would have been a good option off the bench tonight with 20-30 to go.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Look at Ten Hag. Comes in, spends a small fortune and they still don't look any better than what they were under OGS. No one is calling for his head because they want the board out. 

Eddie came in when we were rock bottom and turned this club from Championship contenders to Champions league in less than 18 months. Thats an absolutely unfuckingreal turnaround. 

He's become the victim of his own success now as a result as it's now the 2nd sticky patch in all of that time. I remember only too well how there was too much criticism of Bobby before we pedalled him and after that the whole gig went to ratshit. Eddie has shown that he knows how to play superb high intensity football. He just needs to work out why we aren't doing it right at this moment. 

Jay Z Applause GIF

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

How many points is usually enough to qualify? 10/11?

Win our three home games and we’re probably through, aren’t we?

Get a draw against PSG at their place and we should be confident of going through 

Just one game lads and we were non existent as an attacking force so I'd keep the pitch forks in the cupboard when it comes to Isak and Gordon.

I've seen enough from Gordon to know he can develop into a very dangerous player but aye he's far from the finished article right now. 

Isak has been poor last couple of games, but again, we've offerend nothing going forward as a teeam and he had zero service. He had great impact down the left for us a few times last season but I dont know if that's his best position, we need him running down the center directly at defences once we get our attacking mojo back.

No doubt we're a better side with Joelinton the left, been saying that constantly. Where that leaves Barnes I don't know. 

I think the main lesson from last year was we had a decent team but were a couple of injuries from Fraser and Manquillo. 

That's not the case now and I see the summer signings as overall strengthening but I'd still play both Joes when we can. 

• Like 2

I only watched the extended highlights but geez did we look nervous and all over the place defensively. From the highlights 0-0 looks a great result from us, would have been incredible if Longstaff could have nicked it with that shot on target in added time. Is that summary fair?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OTF said:

I only watched the extended highlights but geez did we look nervous and all over the place defensively. From the highlights 0-0 looks a great result from us, would have been incredible if Longstaff could have nicked it with that shot on target in added time. Is that summary fair?

they had all the chances but we actually had long periods of controlled possesion so it didn’t feel like we were under loads of sustained pressure. Only the last 10 minutes and some brief spells in the first half were really uncomfortable viewing.

We ground out the point mainly because Milan couldn’t finish and we were poor with our final ball, but I can see how it would have looked worse than it was from the highlights 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

nah.

nowt a matter without pointing out we've looked poor, particularly going forward in all but one game this season.

I hope howe sorts it out, I'm sure he will. doesn't alter the present reality though.

There is a difference as huge as CTs inflated egghead between pointing out obvious short comings and stating that we need a change of the manager.

Seriously, give your head a big shake if you think that a few unconvincing and poor performances warrant to jump to conclusions neglecting the progress of the last 24 months.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Cracking result, but last years team would have won that. I’m not sure what’s wrong with us lately but we are a shadow of the team that destroyed Spurs in 20 minutes. Hopefully Howe can get to the bottom of it soon.

difficult second album syndrome for Howe. He galvanised these players once. He can do it again 

• Like 1

We fucking lost against Man City, Liverpool  and überconfident Brighton away. We drew against AC Mackemsneverbeenseen. We also spanked Aston Villa.

Those are not games and performances that should alter the perspective tbh

• Like 5

• sammynb changed the title to Eddie and Mad Dog's still shite but slightly better, it was only Brentford FFS, Geordie Boys v Sandro Doesn't Live Here Anymore, Sandro Use To Room On The Second Floor, Meelan