Eddie and Mad Dog's still shite but slightly better, it was only Brentford FFS, Geordie Boys v Sandro Doesn't Live Here Anymore, Sandro Use To Room On The Second Floor, Meelan

sammynb

14 minutes ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

black-jesus-scafa2.jpg?v=1626923804

Jesus was a rasta who liked a bit of BDSM apparently? Maybe there is something to this religion malarkey after all. 

Edited by Renton
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, Alex said:

I think Gemmill’s point re progression not being linear is correct. It would be true anyway but it’s doubly so given the trajectory of the last 18 months. This is further exacerbated by (for whatever reasons) not being able to strengthen in a couple of key areas (LB / CM). On top of that there are injuries to key performers from last season, the two Joes. This has disrupted things, cut down the options the manager has and has probably meant integrating Tonali more quickly than he’d have liked. 
As an aside ASM went because Howe doesn’t rate him and didn’t trust him. The notion that he’d have gotten a 30 minute cameo in that situation last night is fanciful. 

i think the final 20-30 mins last night would have suited him. for all his flaws, he gives you an out ball to progress up the pitch and maybe buy a free kick when you have to defend deep. we missed that yesterday after gordon went off and with no willock. i also think he would have done well in the champions league because he loves the big stage. he'd often go missing only to turn up against a team such as man city.

but hey ho. ancient history now 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

Donald Trump GIF by Election 2016

He was sold to give us more wriggle room to pick up players due to ffp and us not having anyone else that could be sold for good coin. 

ASM putting this club on his back one last time

black-jesus-scafa2.jpg?v=1626923804

The FFP argument was specific to the situation after two (arguably three) players capable of playing in the same / similar roles were brought in. It’s obvious what Howe’s view was on the player on the back of that. If FFP wasn’t an issue we may well have kept him. But, equally, if it was that much of a concern (and Howe rated ASM) then signing Barnes, Gordon and Livramento (particularly the first two) would not have happened. Surely it’s not that difficult to grasp

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i think the final 20-30 mins last night would have suited him. for all his flaws, he gives you an out ball to progress up the pitch and maybe buy a free kick when you have to defend deep. we missed that yesterday after gordon went off and with no willock. i also think he would have done well in the champions league because he loves the big stage. he'd often go missing only to turn up against a team such as man city.

but hey ho. ancient history now 

I don’t recall any 30 minute cameos where he’s terrorised top sides before like 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Isegrim said:

There is a difference as huge as CTs inflated egghead between pointing out obvious short comings and stating that we need a change of the manager.

Seriously, give your head a big shake if you think that a few unconvincing and poor performances warrant to jump to conclusions neglecting the progress of the last 24 months.

I wasn't sure what the fuck you're getting at here until I went back and re-read the comments by mmxxviii.

me, kneejerking, fickle, in need of giving me head a shake or neglecting the progress of the last 24 months? nah.

I'm sure they exist in twitter land, however watching a match with your eyes open and commenting that other than the opening game of the season we've looked poor and more to the point we've appeared to afford too much respect to man city, liverpool and milan is reasonable, without it bordering on treachery.   :)

Edited by thebrokendoll

1 minute ago, thebrokendoll said:

I wasn't sure what the fuck you're getting at here until I went back and re-read the comments by mmxxviii.

me, kneejerking, fickle, in need of giving me head a shake or neglecting the progress of the last 24 months? nah.

I'm sure they exist in twitter land, however watching a match with your eyes open and commenting that other than the opening of the season we've looked poor and more to the point we've appeared to afford too much respect to man city, liverpool and milan is reasonable, without it bordering on treachery.   :)

i've seen numpties on twitter calling for howe to go. unbelievable tbh

15 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

howay man. The bloke has massively overachieved. He deserves at least another 18 months before anyone even thinks about debating whether he’s the right man for the job. You know we’re not supposed to be playing at the San Siro this season, right? We’re still playing Jacob Murphy, Fabian Schar, Sean Longstaff and Miggy Almiron! 

I love Howe and it'd be stupid of us to even question not continuing with him at this point. But there's nowt wrong in pointing out that we are poor on the ball now and it's starting to feel consistently so. It needs sorting and I hope he can sort it, I'd love for him to be here for 2 decades.

6 minutes ago, MMXXVIII said:

I love Howe and it'd be stupid of us to even question not continuing with him at this point. But there's nowt wrong in pointing out that we are poor on the ball now and it's starting to feel consistently so. It needs sorting and I hope he can sort it, I'd love for him to be here for 2 decades.

It would, it would be very stupid.

16 hours ago, MMXXVIII said:

Anyone else think we looked like shell-shocked pussies and, if so, who do you replace him with? 

Got You Gotcha GIF by King of Boys

• Haha 2

Met Ryder once and he was collecting Belgian beers some journalist had left with my staff for him. Eyes looked glazed at the time and I sensed the presence of a tragedy.

Seen Edwards in Inflataspace yelling at those 'Tipping Point' machines with the coppers in. And I sensed the presence of a tragedy.

• Haha 4

12 hours ago, Alex said:

The FFP argument was specific to the situation after two (arguably three) players capable of playing in the same / similar roles were brought in. It’s obvious what Howe’s view was on the player on the back of that. If FFP wasn’t an issue we may well have kept him. But, equally, if it was that much of a concern (and Howe rated ASM) then signing Barnes, Gordon and Livramento (particularly the first two) would not have happened. Surely it’s not that difficult to grasp

I don't know why you're making up complete lies Alex, very disappointed in you. 

Headless chook was brought in because we had only 1 natural LW in ASM.

Livramento isn't a LW, hes RB. 

When the bid came in from the saudi's, only then did we go in for barnes, livra and hall. 

ASM sacrificed himself and took the saudi offer so we could have a deeper squad and be stronger.

Anything else you say, ARE COMPLETE LIES.