Eddie and Mad Dog's Misfiring Majestic Mags v Pep's Not In Love, So Don't Forget It, It's Just A Silly Phase Citeh's Going Through

sammynb

43 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Him and lascelles were solid last night really.  After initial meh and shitting pants they grafted like fuck.

dummet was a bit more suspect positionally at times but i fucking loved that crunching sliding tackle late on. i've missed the dummet reducer 

• Haha 5

Just looking at the response over on Bluemoon. In a nutshell:

- They weren't arsed at all about the game beforehand.

- When teams were announced they were supremely confident that they would win because our lads were mostly shite and their line up very competitive.

- First half they were sublime and their players were gods.

- Second half their players were all coming back from injury or kids, plus Newcastle were a really dirty team and that mean Joelinton was bullying them. They were now arsed about the game though due to the indignation of losing.

- At final whistle, in response to Sky stating things like "famous victory" and "no one gave Newcastle a chance at the outset", there were comments about how they had made 8 changes, how no one should have expected them to win, etc.

- Lots of hate on NUFC in general, but I picked out this one just because I think it speaks to a wider point that these fans aren't getting:

image.png.691bd83c1db85dead0e2837103c619cf.png

The reason we are no longer likeable is that we are actually trying to win and compete. I'm sure if we went back to being the sort of side that their second string could put 4 past and call it a day, we'd be back to being a benign, pitiable club that simply wasn't important enough for anyone to have negative feelings around. Now we're kicking these clubs out of competitions, we're suddenly detestable.

• Like 13

That's exactly what Shearer said after Arsenal last year - everybody liked us when we turned up and gave them 3 points without a whimper but now we're competing all of a sudden we're dirty cheats. 

Fuck them all. 

Edited by NJS
  • Like 9

7 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Just looking at the response over on Bluemoon. In a nutshell:

- They weren't arsed at all about the game beforehand.

- When teams were announced they were supremely confident that they would win because our lads were mostly shite and their line up very competitive.

- First half they were sublime and their players were gods.

- Second half their players were all coming back from injury or kids, plus Newcastle were a really dirty team and that mean Joelinton was bullying them. They were now arsed about the game though due to the indignation of losing.

- At final whistle, in response to Sky stating things like "famous victory" and "no one gave Newcastle a chance at the outset", there were comments about how they had made 8 changes, how no one should have expected them to win, etc.

- Lots of hate on NUFC in general, but I picked out this one just because I think it speaks to a wider point that these fans aren't getting:

image.png.691bd83c1db85dead0e2837103c619cf.png

The reason we are no longer likeable is that we are actually trying to win and compete. I'm sure if we went back to being the sort of side that their second string could put 4 past and call it a day, we'd be back to being a benign, pitiable club that simply wasn't important enough for anyone to have negative feelings around. Now we're kicking these clubs out of competitions, we're suddenly detestable.

Thats @LondonBlueinit? :lol: 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

think i got some dirt in my eye 

He's had injury issues and isn't a top end of the PL defender but Dummett's passion and effort for the club has never been questioned, seems like a decent lad, hope he gets to move into coaching here if that's his future.

Edited by sammynb
  • Like 5

16 minutes ago, sammynb said:

He's had injury issues and isn't a top end of the PL defender but Dummett's passion and effort for the club has never be questioned, seems like a decent lad, hope he gets to move into coaching here if that's his future.

He probably knows enough to be one of the physios 🙂 

• Haha 5

23 minutes ago, sammynb said:

He's had injury issues and isn't a top end of the PL defender but Dummett's passion and effort for the club has never be questioned, seems like a decent lad, hope he gets to move into coaching here if that's his future.

Shows a different side to the stealing a living viewpoint. Interview made me a bit emotional ngl

• Like 5

The thing with the likes of Dummett and Lascelles and the "they're shit" comments, all over the place pre-game, is that the truth is they're not actually shit.

To be even involved at this level means they are very good footballers. Absolutely they're not "elite" and compared to elite players they'll not look as good/will be prone to more mistakes, but put very good footballers into a team with good coaching and a solid method/plan and a sprinkling of elite around them and they'll do a job as we saw.

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

The thing with the likes of Dummett and Lascelles and the "they're shit" comments, all over the place pre-game, is that the truth is they're not actually shit.

To be even involved at this level means they are very good footballers. Absolutely they're not "elite" and compared to elite players they'll not look as good/will be prone to more mistakes, but put very good footballers into a team with good coaching and a solid method/plan and a sprinkling of elite around them and they'll do a job as we saw.

It's relative though. Lascelles is a better defender than me. He's dogshit compared to Botman and looked a liability under previous managers 

2 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

It's relative though. Lascelles is a better defender than me. He's dogshit compared to Botman and looked a liability under previous managers 

Hey, don't put yourself down like that.

You are a coruscating meteor, streaking across the sky. And you shouldn't allow anyone to dampen your light, especially not yourself.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Hence my mention of "elite" and coaching/method/plan. There's a hell of a lot of players who would look dogshit compared to Botman, and of those, a fair few would look dogshit compared to Lascelles.

11 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

That’s kind of the point though. I think Lascelles is limited but he’s a lot more comfortable in a good side where he isn’t exposed. Rafa rated him too. I don’t think Howe is going to be able to make an improvement like we’ve seen with some other players with him. But equally you wouldn’t like to be judged purely on how you performed playing for Steve Bruce. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

he did well for rafa. agree he looked lost playing for bruce, but he isn't alone there 

3 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I just can't see any future where Lascelles is good enough to be any better than 4th best CB, and the one we want to get shot of.

Neither can I, you always look to improve (or should) but he's not shit it's just we want better.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I just can't see any future where Lascelles is good enough to be any better than 4th best CB, and the one we want to get shot of.

Me either. Similar with Dummett. But I think it shows progress our makeshift side deservedly beat theirs. That’s a stark contrast to when Howe rang the changes against far weaker opposition less than a year ago v Sheff Wed. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, The Fish said:

do many squad's in the PL have a better 4th choice centre back?

4 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

do many squad's in the PL have a better 4th choice centre back?

Many? No. Some? Yes. 

And those few squads are aiming for the same final league positions we should be aiming for.

yeah. i don't want to blow too much smoke up his arse but i wouldn't be too concerned if schar was out for a few weeks. i'm actually kind of intrigued to see if he could step up in the way other bruce legacy players have under howe 

4 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Scared Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

'Skipper' played well, eh Gloomy

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

Many? No. Some? Yes. 

And those few squads are aiming for the same final league positions we should be aiming for.

many city aside, who? 

are liverpool, arsenal or man u's fourth choice CBs much better? i dunno