Eddie and Mad Dog's Shot Shy Useless United v I'll Make My Final Stand, Hey... That's Why They Call Me Burnley

sammynb

7 minutes ago, Howay said:

:lol: I’m honestly curious what difference they think it would make if Howe constantly brought it up?

Maybe when they’re meeting Al Rummayyan to go over budget or whatever else Howe can include a few slides to first acknowledge and go over the bad things the country where Al Rummayyan is from does, then they can switch gears back to football matters? 

It seems they’d be happy if Howe was to equate the chopping down of a tree to mass executions? They’d have no qualms that it was maybe, even just slightly, belittling the execution/murder issue? You know in a similar way that they’re using horrific events to try and point score over a local football rival. 

I think there's a lot, lot wrong with the state that owns the PIF and the wahabism interpretation of Islam behind it. I'm happy to have a sensible, intelligent discussion about it with anyone, as long as they acknowledge I do not support Saudi or the PIF, I support my team, end of. In the same way Chelsea fans didn't support Abromovic, ManU don't support the Glazers, and I assume the fans of massive lads didn't support Short or their current owners, considering their business interests and links. I can easily decompartmentalise the two in my head, conciously, emotionally, and spiritually. 

It's literally impossible to have a sensible discussion with them about it though. Most of the time its just petty point scoring and actually trivialises the real issues that they are apparently so suddenly morally aghast about. Much of it is just offensive nonsense, conflating SA with IS. Some of it is very suspect fetishism regarding violence and sexual abuse - the worst of them, learly really unpleasent people, take this angle. A lot of it is just pure ignorance, their lack of any understanding about the Yemenese civil war and the geopoltics of the region, including our (UK) own interventions and involvement. But what I really won't accept is their sudden adoption of conspiracy theories, namely, that it was the Saudi state behind 9/11. That is just crassly offensive on a moral and intellectual level. Despite this though, It's fair to say that a lot of the board has bought into this. They really are Sad Mackem Bastards.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Renton said:

I think there's a lot, lot wrong with the state that owns the PIF and the wahabism interpretation of Islam behind it. I'm happy to have a sensible, intelligent discussion about it with anyone, as long as they acknowledge I do not support Saudi or the PIF, I support my team, end of. In the same way Chelsea fans didn't support Abromovic, ManU don't support the Glazers, and I assume the fans of massive lads didn't support Short or their current owners, considering their business interests and links. I can easily decompartmentalise the two in my head, conciously, emotionally, and spiritually. 

It's literally impossible to have a sensible discussion with them about it though. Most of the time its just petty point scoring and actually trivialises the real issues that they are apparently so suddenly morally aghast about. Much of it is just offensive nonsense, conflating SA with IS. Some of it is very suspect fetishism regarding violence and sexual abuse - the worst of them, learly really unpleasent people, take this angle. A lot of it is just pure ignorance, their lack of any understanding about the Yemenese civil war and the geopoltics of the region, including our (UK) own interventions and involvement. But what I really won't accept is their sudden adoption of conspiracy theories, namely, that it was the Saudi state behind 9/11. That is just crassly offensive on a moral and intellectual level. Despite this though, It's fair to say that a lot of the board has bought into this. They really are Sad Mackem Bastards.

Spot on, I’ll add that it’s very hard to have moral superiority when as part of the points they make they refer to Saudi Arabians as “camel humpers” and other racist phrases. 

I find they now just have meshed all of their half brained research into a go to set of phrases, such as “beheading people”, “throwing people off buildings”, the 9/11 stuff, and similar where it may have at one point been based on something but they’re that lazy about making they’re point they are now just feigning anger at the notion of general things that happened rather than be specific, which itself comes across as troubling. They’re taking legitimate concerns and boiling them down to point score. 

• Like 2

Just now, Christmas Tree said:

Can you not just re-list it. They seemed to get snapped up straight away on the club site

Where do you go for resales on the club site? It wasn’t obvious when I tried to look for psg tickets  

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

Where do you go for resales on the club site? It wasn’t obvious when I tried to look for psg tickets  

just the normal queue site. Book.NUFC. Something something then log in, choose match and endlessly refresh the page. Daughter managed to get me and the wife two this morning

16 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

just the normal queue site. Book.NUFC. Something something then log in, choose match and endlessly refresh the page. Daughter managed to get me and the wife two this morning

What's the page to buy resale tickets? I just had a look out of curiosity and nothings coming up on the buy tickets page for Burnley?

6 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

What's the page to buy resale tickets? I just had a look out of curiosity and nothings coming up on the buy tickets page for Burnley?

https://book.nufc.co.uk

But obvs they are only there when people re-list them. So you have to keep refreshing the page and be quick.

I would think by now most people are either going or have resisted. 

Also much easier to do on a laptop than a phone.

Edited by Christmas Tree
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

:lol:

He was!

You going CiaomanHeyman?

Isn't you going to games like Gemmill's predictions? Never works out for the best??? (Hope you are mate, sounds like it's been a while for you).

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, sammynb said:

You going CiaomanHeyman?

Isn't you going to games like Gemmill's predictions? Never works out for the best??? (Hope you are mate, sounds like it's been a while for you).

:lol:

I graciously knocked it back. Hangover + graft tomorrow + the mental queues at that part of the ground + trying to save money + being a bit pissed off with the current shit show ticket wise = armchair supporter. :good:

• Like 1