Eddie and Mad Dog's Snail-Like Slow As Fuck Starters v Ça plane pour Mappe, Ça plane pour Ekitike, Ça plane pour moi, moi, moi, moi, (Hou-hou-oou-oou!) ça plane pour PSG

sammynb

11 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

Tonali is fit apparently.  Wilson and Joelinton are highly unlikely to feature.

wilson was in the training photos.

botman, tonali and joelinton were not. tonali has missed loads of training, apparently so hopefully will be okay 

6 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

wilson was in the training photos.

botman, tonali and joelinton were not. tonali has missed loads of training, apparently so hopefully will be okay 

Apparently Tonali was there later on.  That's according to Downie.

• Like 1

Botman is, I think, the only player in the team that we have no replacement for.  Tonali, might not be up to Bruno standard yet but I think there's a quality player there and with the all options we have in midfield, we can be fairly confident someone can come in and we can still show a similar quality overall.  If Botman is out, whoever replaces him (Burn, Lascelles, Dummet) is going to be a massive drop in quality and Champions League games aren't the time when you want to be seeing that.  Fortunately we don't have another champions league game before the international break so hopefully we will have him back by then.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

Great news on Joe, hopefully he's back fully fit for West Ham because Gordon will be out suspended. 

it’s brilliant news because it sounds like hamstring stiffness rather than a strain or tear which would be weeks or months out. 

Does Dan Burn start against Dembele then?

He’s the one I worry about - more than Lascelles tbh. Burn’s done a great job but he’s not a natural left back is he and he could be in for a difficult or evening - whether it’s dembele or mbappe. 

I think he does start as the alternative is either Hall, and this doesn’t feel the game to be throwing him in, or Tripper or Livramento (also out of position) as makeshift left back. 

10 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Could play Targett.

I wouldn’t disrupt the team too much though. It’ll be Jamal in for Sven

He kept saka pretty quiet in the 0-0 last season so you never know 

6 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Have you heard of Eddie Howe?! No way is he pissing about with the back 4 any more than is absolutely necessary.

Eddie won’t change it, you’re right, but I’d be tempted to hook Burn if I were him  

thought there was only 2 of us headed up tomorrow in which case I was the driver in me little transit connect. things have moved on, 2 more tickets in resale and now we're 4, which rules out my 2 seater and driving duties... tremendous!

11.30 set off, might even have a chilled 4 pack for the journey!  :)

anyway, appreciate we're a bit stretched on the injury front, but i still think we've got enough to win this. id love to see us get at them from the start with a raucous crowd behind them. too much respect shown to man city, liverpool and ac milan this season which has yielded 1 draw.

the contrast between the 1st and 2nd half in the second game against man city was stark.

get in to them and fuck them up.

Edited by thebrokendoll
  • Like 4

The daughters just had a photo with Daveed G at SJP about an hour ago at some medical talk being held there they were at. Wife and my sister both seem to think it's great but with a big dollop of jealousy in the background. :lol: 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

It's only 12 degrees now ffs. Bet he gets on nufcblog too.

Well, at least we got a new running joke out of all that bollocks :lol:

• Haha 4

This is on at the very reasonable hour of 9AM in the Aloha State so there is a chance I will find somewhere to watch this one. 🌈

• Like 3