Eddie Howe's Stumbling Sausages visit [checks notes] Rob Edwards' Harried Hatters

Meenzer

Went to watch Heaton Stannington and they beat  Penrith 3-2. Got kicked out though after demanding  fine wine and cake. Anyone know how Newcastle got on? 

• Haha 3

Without Joe we look utterly lost in Midfield.  We have fuck all bite there.

What is it with Wilson too?  Seems more intent in having a go with keepers.  He needs to stop wanking over Wor Lass and get back on it.

• Haha 2

Absolutely fucking dreadful. Eddie is earning his Riyals to turn this around and to convince the owners that this is just a dip in form. We looked clueless and toothless despite them just sitting in front of their goal for the majority of the game. 

15 minutes ago, Renton said:

Season is now a write off now. Need to consolidate and get ready for next year. Hopefully we'll get an FA cup run but we've next to no chance of winning it. 

Yeah been saying that for a while now. We're a shadow of the team from last season. We're not finishing in a CL place this time. 

Loads of things to factor and we've talked about most of them for some time like the injuries, rotten luck with fixtures and the fact we decided to sign 4 players knowing full well what we were getting into. 

We've been now outplayed by some terrible teams away from home. Can't just say it's bad luck with fixtures and fatigue. There's something wrong and Howe will fix it I just hope it's bloody soon and before the mackem fixture. 

Season of transition and consolidation. Write it off, we just need to make sure we learn from it.

And for perspective remember that we're talking about a top half finish as a write off, because it's still not that long ago when that would have been beyond our reach. 

16 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Did you miss the Bournemouth and Everton games?

No but there was some mitigation for those. Firstly, both are better sides than Luton, and secondly we were right in the middle of our 11 fit players phase of the season.

I know some of you think that exhaustion is not an acceptable reason to lose some games but I don't agree.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MrBass said:

On the plus side, no howlers from Tripps. So there's progress. 

I didn’t see the match but Perry Groves on Talksport was blaming him for losing Townsend for their goal.

Just now, RobElliott said:

I have full faith in Eddie but it's going to be a tough January for us. Hope the bedwetters / media don't get too vocal to try to force him out.

He has a lot of credit in the bank with me after last season.

I don't know a single person who isn't 100% supportive of him. I'm not bothered with social media bollocks. The mere suggestion he is sacked is ludicrous. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Alex said:

Went to watch Heaton Stannington and they beat  Penrith 3-2. Got kicked out though after demanding  fine wine and cake. Anyone know how Newcastle got on? 

We licked ten percent of their arses.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Howay said:

Almiron is absolutely fucking painful to watch. Decided to cover the back pass rather than get goal side of his player, who then dribbled down the whole pitch and won a corner which they scored from, misses chance after chance - not by a small margin either, and never wins the fucking ball. Can we just buy a fucking right winger? 

stick liveramento there, anything is an upgrade on almiron, if almiron has to play, then its on the left or not at all, preferably the latter!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

There's 20 PL games and the FA Cup to play yet. Plus a transfer window and 4 or 5 players to come back from injury.

Calling the season a "write-off" is ridiculously defeatist.

It's not like. We're miles off the pace. Seven points behind the top 4 is a huge gap to make up considering our frankly abysmal away form. We've won once on the road to the bottom team. You might think it is ridiculous to believe a turn around isn't on the cards but I call it realistic. Mind, I'm not the one thinking top 4 is the be all and end all. I'll be delighted for us to play in the EL. 

Just now, Renton said:

It's not like. We're miles off the pace. Seven points behind the top 4 is a huge gap to make up considering our frankly abysmal away form. We've won once on the road to the bottom team. You might think it is ridiculous to believe a turn around isn't on the cards but I call it realistic. Mind, I'm not the one thinking top 4 is the be all and end all. I'll be delighted for us to play in the EL. 

One of the three domestic competitions hasn't even started, and the second isn't even halfway through, and the season is a "write-off"? Weird take.

We did as well as we did last season because we didn't have Europe to contend with whilst other clubs did. It was great to get back in the CL, but it's completely fucked our season because we still don't have a squad that can cope. Ploughing ahead with the Europa League matches would only have made matters worse.

There's still fucking loads to be played for this season. The FA Cup for a start, and 20 league games to try and win. Get some players back and strengthen in the January and we can hope to do both.

We should have finished 6th last season. Then we wouldn’t be gutted for not finishing 4th again this season, which, let’s by honest, was always going to tough to achieve two seasons on the bounce when we’re less than three years into the project. 

We still could finish 4th. But if we end up 6th or 7th it isn’t the end of the world. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

One of the three domestic competitions hasn't even started, and the second isn't even halfway through, and the season is a "write-off"? Weird take.

We did as well as we did last season because we didn't have Europe to contend with whilst other clubs did. It was great to get back in the CL, but it's completely fucked our season because we still don't have a squad that can cope. Ploughing ahead with the Europa League matches would only have made matters worse.

There's still fucking loads to be played for this season. The FA Cup for a start, and 20 league games to try and win. Get some players back and strengthen in the January and we can hope to do both.

Sobdobyoubwabt to qualify for Europa or not? Win the FA cup by some miracle, and guess what? 

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

We should have finished 6th last season.

Excuse Me Reaction GIF

Hold on, are you saying we didn't deserve 4th last year (which is insane) or you didn't want us to finished 4th (which is insaner)? 

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

Sobdobyoubwabt to qualify for Europa or not? Win the FA cup by some miracle, and guess what? 

Don't speak with your mouth full.

And yes, I'd like to qualify for any European competition this season. And I'd like (and back) us to be better equipped to cope with it next season.

1 minute ago, Renton said:

Excuse Me Reaction GIF

Hold on, are you saying we didn't deserve 4th last year (which is insane) or you didn't want us to finished 4th (which is insaner)? 

I think he's alluding to the misconception that we'd be better off now had we of finished 6th last season.

Missed this entirely as we went out for steaks this afternoon on a whim. 

Wandered round the Christmas market (shite), looked at Fenwicks window ( shite) , came home and saw the result (shite). 

Very nice steak though- Bar+Block on St. Andrew’s St.