Newcastle United vs Nottingham Forest

LongTimeAdmirer

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

nah, you’re wrong there. He’s been instrumental to how we play down the right - both going forwards and backwards.

Howe and Tripper have literally spoken about how important Miggy is in how we press. But his obvious weaknesses (decision making in the final third, one-footedness and finishing) were masked when he was scoring for fun last season. 

Nah you’re wrong on this, and have consistently been wrong on it. He is not good in the press, I’ve had this discussion before and ewerk even fact checked it and was surprised what I was saying was accurate as the way Almiron runs about makes people think he’s some star presser but he’s not. He chases pointless balls down, go and watch sides like Liverpool that press well - you don’t see players pointlessly sprinting 30 yards at a goalkeeper leaving their man wide open for the out ball as that isn’t effective pressing, it’s the opposite. 

You constantly bring up Trippier or Howe complimenting him as if that’s relevant, as last time what do you want them to say? He’s terrible at decision making? Saying he grafts is an easy thing to say - Jacob Murphy is far superior in the press I know he’s unavailable but we’ve had transfer windows to replace Almiron and haven’t that’s why me, and many, are frustrated. Then after each and every glaring error he makes people can’t say anything or their met with posts about how vital he is to how we play. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Howe needs to take some of the blame here. Forest play counter attacking football and have quick players. Why on Earth would you start Burn over Tino at full back?

I assumed Tino would be our first choice left back for all games after how well he did in burn’s absence 

• Like 1

The pundits will be rubbing their hands here. Looking forward to turn the knife on Howe and question his future. Cunts.

Also, why couldn't wood do this shit for us?

• Like 1