Newcastle United vs Nottingham Forest

LongTimeAdmirer

Just now, Kid Dynamite said:

Is that our next 4 games? Fuck me 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

There are 3 defeats in that. Guaranteed. 

Bournemouth (if they hold on v Fulham) are 4 points behind us with a game in hand. Football is a funny old game. Theyll be ahead of us after villa.

4 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

@Renton @aimaad22

You’re probably right and am suffering from my usual sore arse by trying to remain on this fence as long as possible 😆

To say a good transfer window might sort this season out and get us 4th/5th isn’t fantasy land though. It’s not the Ashley/Bruce show any more. Am a lot more confident about getting 4/5 than I was about staying up in 21/22 🤷🏻‍♂️

If we don’t we’re in uncharted waters with the owners. There’s a good chance they’ll let Howe go. Out of who is likely to be available I notice Naglesmann is the Germany coach for the Euros only. Unlikely winners iyam and you’d think he’s too young for the job full time. Bubdesliga winner and champions league semi finalist with an up and coming side. Decent CV that :cuppa:

I don’t think that we will be able to do a lot in the transfer market money wise because of financial restrictions. We have already stretched our budget.

We can do with one or two shrewd loans but that will probably be it. It will be more important to get some players back especially Barnes and Murphy to give us different options up front and rest or demote players like Gordon and Almiron.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

@Renton @aimaad22

You’re probably right and am suffering from my usual sore arse by trying to remain on this fence as long as possible 😆

To say a good transfer window might sort this season out and get us 4th/5th isn’t fantasy land though. It’s not the Ashley/Bruce show any more. Am a lot more confident about getting 4/5 than I was about staying up in 21/22 🤷🏻‍♂️

If we don’t we’re in uncharted waters with the owners. There’s a good chance they’ll let Howe go. Out of who is likely to be available I notice Naglesmann is the Germany coach for the Euros only. Unlikely winners iyam and you’d think he’s too young for the job full time. Bubdesliga winner and champions league semi finalist with an up and coming side. Decent CV that :cuppa:

Nagelsmann is holding out for the Sunderland job I hear

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Howay said:

We need a keeper in January too btw. Dubravka may as well not be there half the time. 

You're kidding surely, he had zero chance with any of the goals and was fine otherwise 🤷🏼‍♂️

44 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Lost 6 of the last 7.

And after those 3 games with half a team against Man U, Chelsea and PSG, when I've never been prouder to be an NUFC fan

This is it. If this season fades away into mid table nothingness it may well be dagger to heart of some punters’ pride but I don’t have the “THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE” gene. That phrase has been trotted out over the last month by people supremely unqualified to utter it. If what we’re dishing up isn’t acceptable to to you as a fan what’s your next move? I’d suggest it’s out the door with the rest of the fuckin Jonny come latelys. I’ve always thought that there 11 shirts to support every weekend and then it’s a personal choice thing, and for that last couple of months it’s been about every three days which is where the problem mostly lies, not that people want to accept that as the main reason seeing as their association with a winning side is now looking precarious 🙄 The current squad indisputably deserve our unqualified support. The personal criticism of individuals visibly running out of  steam and ideas is frankly bollocks. Howe has question to answer though. 

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Like 10

4 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Lost 6 of the last 7.

And after those 3 games with half a team against Man U, Chelsea and PSG, when I've never been prouder to be an NUFC fan

Things were ok against Everton for nearly 80 minutes when Gordon should have put us in front only for stupid mistakes costing us the game.

We did well against Milan until lack of experience and going for a glorious winner did cost us. We should have been two goals up.

We held on well away against a full strength Chelsea until getting punished in injury time.

The games against Bournemouth and Luton were awful almost from start to finish. Today was awful as well although we shouldn’t have conceded just before half time. We lost against team thriving on motivation and make the best from us being exhausted.

Of course there need to be lessons learned and it would be foolish to pretend that everything is ok. But even though results have been horrible the outlook isn’t as dramatic as some people make out.

• Like 2

I’m don’t get the not getting champions league this season is failure line.

We got it last season due to ungodly form on our side, not as many games, a great run of no injuries and other teams being below their own averages.

We STILL have players playing regularly for us who started in the championship.

If we end up finishing 7th, the overall trend is still upwards and it’s only been 2 1/2 seasons. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, strawb said:

I’m don’t get the not getting champions league this season is failure line.

We got it last season due to ungodly form on our side, not as many games, a great run of no injuries and other teams being below their own averages.

We STILL have players playing regularly for us who started in the championship.

If we end up finishing 7th, the overall trend is still upwards and it’s only been 2 1/2 seasons. 

what happens if we finish 12th? 

Howe needs to go now. He’s lost the dressing room. 
I’ve actually read that on more than one occasion this afternoon btw. I’m fucking sick of fans like that already. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

@Renton @aimaad22

I really do think the owners have more sense than that. Someone made the point that PIF might be more impatient but what the hell did they expect considering the only first team players we bought were Tonali and Barnes?

Things will get worse before they get better this season. I hope the board does not make an utterly stupid decision, especially if we get beat by the mackems. All the talk has been about building for the long term and I think they won't lose sight of that. 

6 minutes ago, Alex said:

I’ve actually read that on more than one occasion this afternoon btw. I’m fucking sick of fans like that already. 

Not even looking at Twitter for this reason. 

People can't tell the difference between a team that's evolving and struggling in the process of doing so, and one that would barely try or be expected too. 

Mind you we're still 7th :lol: where were we two years ago and how many of the same players are still in the squad? 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

Mind you we're still 7th :lol: where were we two years ago and how many of the same players are still in the squad? 

I think this is part of the problem.

Dubravka, Longstaff, Schar, Burn, Targett, Lascelles, Almiron, Wilson, Murphy, Dummet, Krafth, Manquillo, Richie etc. have played out of their skins under Howe, but the purple patches are over for some of them.

How many would get into another top 6 side? Once we start adding to Pope, Botman, Trippier, Tino, Tonali, Bruno, Joelinton, Barnes & Isak we will have a better squad to manage periods like this 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Alex said:

Alex man. Why the fuck are you reading social media? What we need to do is chew the fat over a pint in the Trent. Innvite Gemmill but make him sit on a table opposite and fling beer mats at him.  👍

• Haha 8

23 minutes ago, Renton said:

Alex man. Why the fuck are you reading social media? What we need to do is chew the fat over a pint in the Trent. Innvite Gemmill but make him sit on a table opposite and fling beer mats at him.  👍

Can I come? 😀

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Renton said:

It was a very quick browse. And that sounds canny like. Not that I hold out any hope of getting a ticket these days. Genuinely not arsed enough to be bothered with the right fanny on its become 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Alex said:

It was a very quick browse. And that sounds canny like. Not that I hold out any hope of getting a ticket these days. Genuinely not arsed enough to be bothered with the right fanny on its become 

Tickets will start to become easier to come by if the current trajectory continues. 😁

• Haha 3

Must say, it was a fucking terrible performance but the calls for Howe’s head are insane. We can’t overachieve last year yet underachieve this season IMO. That’s just illogical. What I will say is that, last year, I think Howe got the absolute best out of some poor/average players and now they’re reverting to type. Essentially, he’s ran out of miracles. I also think that Pope is clearly a calming influence to the rest of the back four, as evidenced with Dubravka’s spell. There’s a confidence with Pope as he’s quick off his line whereas Dubravka might as well be glued to the fucking goal line. I honestly think the only answer is time and money but at the same time, this form is genuinely concerning; we appear to have been sussed out and our game changers are running on fumes. If any serious money can be spent in January, it needs to be 

• Like 5