Liverpool’s worst looking advert for dental care gone wrong against Eddie’s mental care patients

Isegrim

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

who the fuck is that cunt?

The bloke who did the Hitzfeld dossier 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

15 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

who the fuck is that cunt?

Used to write for the Guardian, now for the Athletic, hosts the beer and honey podcast and is author of a biography of Klopp.

• Haha 2

Man City for me too. Win their game in hand and they're 2 points behind the red dippers. What's City's record like at Anfield?

25 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

Used to write for the Guardian, now for the Athletic, hosts the beer and honey podcast and is author of a biography of Klopp.

That’s almost everything I stand against - what a minging CV.  

• Haha 6

59 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

What a Kuntz.

I really hate this type of snobbiness from journalists, I see it constantly now. It’s never an opinion it’s just “I am right, I know more than you all despite the fact we’ve all watched and played footy for years” it’s tedious and beyond arrogant. 

Dubravka’s statement is also being misinterpreted to fuck btw, all the bloke said was he didn’t mean to make any contact with Jota (pushing back on the Mcmanaman argument of even if no contact he “intended it” :lol: )and he didn’t think it was a pen but it was given, somehow Honegstein has decided that’s Dubravka saying he made contact and the Liverpool fans have said Dubravka is saying it was a pen :lol:.

The bloke literally stayed on his feet, ran a few steps then changed his mind and dived. Not a clue how Honegstein is being that adamant it’s Jota getting knocked off balance as the way he fell doesn’t indicate that at all. The “happier to go down in front of an empty net” is nonsense as well, he wasn’t catching the ball as he knocked it on expecting contact and it was likely going out which is why he then dived. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 7

I used to get the guardian in a Saturday fucking decades ago. For the guide amongst other things. Even in the mid-90s the football coverage was absolutely minging and cringeworthy as fuck 

• Like 3

Just now, Howay said:

I really hate this type of snobbiness from journalists, I see it constantly now. It’s never an opinion it’s just “I am right, I know more than you all despite the fact we’ve all watched and played footy for years” it’s tedious and beyond arrogant. 

Dubravka’s statement is also being misinterpreted to fuck btw, all the bloke said was he didn’t mean to make any contact with Jota and he didn’t think it was a pen but it was given, somehow Honegstein has decided that’s Dubravka saying he made contact and the Liverpool fans have said Dubravka is saying it was a pen :lol:.

The bloke literally stayed on his feet, ran a few steps then changed his mind and dived. Not a clue how Honegstein is being that adamant it’s Jota getting knocked off balance as the way he fell doesn’t indicate that at all. The “happier to go down in front of an empty net” is nonsense as well, he wasn’t catching the ball as he knocked it on expecting contact and it was likely going out which is why he then dived. 

100% this. And I don’t mind players going down anticipating contact that comes. That’s usually poor defending / goalkeeping. Going down by diving about 3 steps after brushing someone like this is a completely different kettle of fish 

• Like 3

The whole incident sums up Liverpool Football Club (tm) btw. It would take absolutely nothing for their fans to just say aye it was a dive, or it was soft, or VAR should have overturned it, they’d have won the game anyway (more than likely) but instead they’ve all launched into full on denial mode. Next week they’ll be fucking whinging about some

massive VAR conspiracy against them after they’ve completely missed the chance to back up their constant claim that they and Klopp are on some mission to save football and call out issues with the game. 

• Like 6

Well this went pretty much the way we thought it would. From us being ran ragged to the laughable penalty decisions. 

I think some have summed our situation up pretty well already. It's going to get better before it gets worse. Calm heads need to prevail, keep the trust in Howe. We could well be bottom half before fixtures ease up and more players return from injuries. 

The mackem game becomes even more important. A strong performance and victory gives everyone a huge lift and a cup run could salvage a relatively disappointing league season. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, aimaad22 said:

The mackem game becomes even more important. A strong performance and victory gives everyone a huge lift and a cup run could salvage a relatively disappointing league season. 

Even if we will, we will get Man City or Liverpool away in the next round :smile:

• Haha 3

In that case we can continue to blame our rotten luck and not have to contend with the meltdown a defeat against Sunderland would entail.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Isegrim said:

That's a lot of words to describe a paedophile.

• Haha 4

20 hours ago, Howay said:

The whole incident sums up Liverpool Football Club (tm) btw. It would take absolutely nothing for their fans to just say aye it was a dive, or it was soft, or VAR should have overturned it, they’d have won the game anyway (more than likely) but instead they’ve all launched into full on denial mode. Next week they’ll be fucking whinging about some

massive VAR conspiracy against them after they’ve completely missed the chance to back up their constant claim that they and Klopp are on some mission to save football and call out issues with the game. 

For example, had Longstaff been awarded a pen minutes earlier I would have absolutely expected our fans to say it was soft but considering their first pen was soft too it balances out. I didn't think any of the penalty incidents were pens, but that last one was pathetic. Even Carragher said it shouldn't have been given, and he had to pull his pants up and stop wanking live on TV for 30 seconds to say it.

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, GrahamTaylor5 said:

Was that someone on here or Newcastle-Online. I have a vague memory of some section about golf courses.

HowayTheToon of N-O was behind that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

The pinnacle of the forum wars. Glory days.
Peasepud, formerly of this parish, reeled in HTT, if I remember rightly, after HTT I interview himself, *laughs*. 

It was hilarious, bizarre and utterly fucking surreal. 

I think that is what made me end up lurking here instead of Newcastle-Online as I used to visit both places. The humour here was a more on my level. I think the dossier did get some stick but also some weird level of support. 

I admired the love and desire for the club, but it did come across as a bit unhinged to me.