Scabs vs Eddie’s Weetabix Haired Scargill Supporters.

Monkeys Fist

I’m not sure you can read too much into Howe publicly defending one of his players. Having said that, it wouldn’t surprise me if Burn does start and he’s hoping he can play his way into form. He did similar with Wilson last year and probably persisted two games or so too long 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Dan Burn is odds on to start. Tino covers 4 positions from the bench. Simple as that. Gordon is in the squad apparently but Wilson starts iyam … 

Gordon starts as well. I really wonder why Howe is so reluctant to play others at left back. Hall has to be crap in training as well.

Eddie is stubbornly loyal. How Burn starts after his last couple of performances against pacy wingers and the memory of the last time he faced Elanga still fresh is beyond me. He’s got a lot of faith to repay

• Like 1

It's been a bit of a weird season, like. Genuinely don't know what you're going to get, (apart from a guaranteed travesty at Anfield). I just watch and hope for the best! :lol:

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Eddie is stubbornly loyal. How Burn starts after his last couple of performances against pacy wingers and the memory of the last time he faced Elanga still fresh is beyond me. He’s got a lot of faith to repay

Tbh would you let 1000s of completely unqualified reactionary twats tell you how to do your job? :lol: 

Am not suggesting Elanga won’t torture Burn but how many times do games fail to pan out the way we think?… Thought Burn did well v Saka twice last season, he got help though. With Gordon on that side we are weaker than with either one or both of the Joes… 

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Like 1

Oh well. Eddie's obviously got his way of doing things and he refuses to stand down players that have done well for him. It's clear as day Burn is not a long term solution for LB if NUFC have the ambition we say we do. Maybe giving him some more games from this luck forsaken season isn't the worst thing. 

Burn was class vs villa until he got tired and they brought fresh legs on. He marked Diaby out of the game. Aye he was shite aha nst Bailey and he was woeful last week but that's a game and a half and not the several games people are going on about IMO.

I thought this was the place to wave the sausage, not piss the bed :lol:

• Like 2