The Great DOF Hunt of 2024

3 hours ago, Holden McGroin said:

We want to speed it up for no other reason than bend over for Man Utd?

It makes no sense really, we want to speed it up so we get £20m quid that can be used to boost our PSR results and fund a bit of transfer business but that could only be it. Also, I am pretty sure we don’t need Ashworth off gardening leave to have his replacement start in post.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Newcastle want to speed up Dan Ashworth's exit to Manchester United as Monaco's sporting director Paul Mitchell heads a shortlist of candidates to replace him. (Telegraph - subscription required)

From Beeb

sick phil GIF
Phils brother?

So you arent going to come sign for us? Bang out of order!!

Probably just newspaper bollocks. Nothing we’ve done so far suggests we’ve let Man Utd have what they want without our being seriously recompensed. So our doing them an favour seems unlikely Also, as Dazzler says, there’s not a lot of logic to it in terms of needing Ashworth out the door before appointing a successor 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Why do we need a Paul Mitchell or a Dan Ashworth? Just sign Rafa Leao, Pedro Neto, Benjamin Sesko and a couple of other fucking class players and just be done with it. Simple really. 

The modern dof is a lot more than a chief scout 

42 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

I wasn’t being serious brother. 

fair enough :lol:

Glad to hear you’re not one of the goons on Twitter who were glad Ashworth is leaving because he oversaw the Tonali signing. There are plenty of knackers who seem to think transfers are all a dof does  

Edited by Dr Gloom

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

fair enough :lol:

Glad to hear you’re not one of the goons on Twitter who were glad Ashworth is leaving because he oversaw the Tonali signing. There are plenty of knackers who seem to think transfers are all a dof does  

👍 I’ve genuinely no idea what a DOF does tbh. 

1 minute ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

👍 I’ve genuinely no idea what a DOF does tbh. 

me neither but if you listened to Ashworth’s patter when he first joined he made it sound like he was head of the civil service and scouting was just one department he oversaw 

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

me neither but if you listened to Ashworth’s patter when he first joined he made it sound like he was head of the civil service and scouting was just one department he oversaw 

Typical civil servants tbh

;) <- Safety Wink

No doubt Andrew will admonish me, but I’m sensing the return of a former poster 

Edited by Alex
  • Haha 9

On 16/03/2024 at 22:49, MrRaspberryJam said:

Why do we need a Paul Mitchell or a Dan Ashworth? Just sign Rafa Leao, Pedro Neto, Benjamin Sesko and a couple of other fucking class players and just be done with it. Simple really. 

Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF

Our dribbling is in the bottom half, these lads would really help pick it up :good:

VZBKsgX.jpeg

Howe at long last looking to sort out the defensive midfielder and left back problems 

Edited by Alex
  • Haha 10

He was technical director at AC Milan when they sold Tonali to us. 

• Haha 6

11 minutes ago, OTF said:

Errr…wasn’t one of the main reasons why Tonali decided to leave Milan was that they’d got rid of Maldini? 🤷🏻‍♂️ 👀

48 minutes ago, OTF said:

He was sacked a year before Tonali joined us. Something to do with he was not happy with the direction of the club the owners were after going in. But his signings handed them Serie A for the first time in a decade so he did well there.

Viana has done a good job at Sporting too, but he was shite for us as a player so I’m torn.

• Like 1