Ah shit we won so I have to do another one. Alright, Eddies bubble bursting penalty merchants vs nailed on relegation certainties, Everton.

Andrew

2 hours ago, Dazzler said:

Get to 3-0 and bring on Alex Murphy, Diallo, White and Parkinson just for the craic. 

Bitch Slap Slapping GIF by absurdnoise

• Haha 8

32 minutes ago, Chaser said:

But he's shown why he's about 11th option in defence. He fucked up and anyone can (just ask BDB or Trips) but it's when you fuck up that matters..we pumped them most of the game and should have had enough goals in the bag

100% agree. The original point made was that we had youth on the bench and we could have used them.

All I was saying is that in a situation where you are trying to see out a 1-0 win, Dummet was clearly the right call for Howe. The mistake is all on Dummet. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dougle said:

There is no ‘safe’ option, maybe ‘safer’. FFs man we were one up with ten mins to go against a turboshite team at home.

That is definitely a better wording. 

3 minutes ago, GrahamTaylor5 said:

100% agree. The original point made was that we had youth on the bench and we could have used them.

All I was saying is that in a situation where you are trying to see out a 1-0 win, Dummet was clearly the right call for Howe. The mistake is all on Dummet. 

Isn't Alex Murphy a LB? What’s the point in putting him on the bench if not to give him a chance. 

• Like 1

Just now, ewerk said:

Isn't Alex Murphy a LB? What’s the point in putting him on the bench if not to give him a chance. 

I am not sure to be honest. I have often wondered why we put so many people on a bench we have no real intention of playing them. It may just be matchday experience. 

And to compound things, my pulled lamb flat bread in the posh seats lacked sufficient levels of sriracha sauce and was subsequently distinctly average. A disappointing evening all round.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, GrahamTaylor5 said:

I am not sure to be honest. I have often wondered why we put so many people on a bench we have no real intention of playing them. It may just be matchday experience. 

When I saw Gillespie on the bench again I thought Eddie Howe must have been trying to make a point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dougle said:

What the fuck is the point in having youth/reserve players looking for experience on the bench, when winning 1-0, at home, against one of the worst teams in the division this season and we hoy on a an 33 year old idiot with 3 months left on his overlong contract?

What a fucking idiot.

Agreed. The fact he’s still around is fucking frustrating, the blokes an absolute tit and what he did today underlines that. If there was any truth there was a contract extension coming his way I sincerely hope his cameo put an end to that. I’d far rather we shift to putting on some of these youth players like Murphy that we’ve signed than continuing to field these players who need to have their contracts ended. 

I agree we should have been out of sight in this one but I fully blame Dummett here. What he did was pure fucking stupidity, what was the point in doing that? We could have played the game for a fucking month straight and that turgid bunch weren’t scoring until that fuckwit decided to headlock a player that was never making a play on the ball. Rip the cunts contract up and let him get picked up by a League two side, where he probably should have been all along. 

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, Howay said:

Agreed. The fact he’s still around is fucking frustrating, the blokes an absolute tit and what he did today underlines that. If there was any truth there was a contract extension coming his way I sincerely hope his cameo put an end to that. I’d far rather we shift to putting on some of these youth players like Murphy that we’ve signed than continuing to field these players who need to have their contracts ended. 

I agree we should have been out of sight in this one but I fully blame Dummett here. What he did was pure fucking stupidity, what was the point in doing that? We could have played the game for a fucking month straight and that turgid bunch weren’t scoring until that fuckwit decided to headlock a player that was never making a play on the ball. Rip the cunts contract up and let him get picked up by a League two side, where he probably should have been all along. 

Was VAR around the last time the cunt* played? He hasn't had time to adapt.

*Kingston Park's finest.

• Haha 1

Frustrating match exacerbated by where I was sat, with all the boring old bastards in the paddock. Great view just above the dugout but fuck me, what a miserable set of cunts. The corner did its bit to get the atmosphere going and part of level 7 near the away fans gave it a go but I was literally the only person in my block singing. Time for some of these miserable old twats to give it up for the next generation.

As for the football, I’m devastated. No chance we deserved to draw that game, despite what the moaning OAPs around me would suggest. Everton are minging. We let them off the hook massively. Disappointing

on a positive note, I had a pre match Chinese at Happiness Inn on Percy street. No frills restaurant/service but the food was first class.  Better than anywhere I’ve been on Stowell st

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, Gemmill said:

No one is clipping my wings. 

This 👆As I am now retired, my window for dispensing shite patter has increased massively and it is my intention to take full advantage of that fact.

• Haha 5

7 hours ago, ewerk said:

Bitch Slap Slapping GIF by absurdnoise

In retrospect he could have brought them all on at 1-0 and it would have been a better option than fucking Dummett

17 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

All this talk of Howe's head rolling.  I would love to have seen what Jose and Co would have done with the injuries we have had.

It's just lazy pundits and knee-jerk fans. Last season we benefited from our new players and new style surprising so many of the opposition, other teams having poor seasons and a good amount of luck with injuries. So our position of 4th was definitely better than expected. In many other seasons we'd have finished around 6th or 7th 

This time we've had to try and compete in four competitions, without a great deal of new players available and the worst injury crisis I've ever seen. Without the injuries I'd expect us to finish around 5th or 6th. 

We're still making progress in my opinion. 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, The Fish said:

It's just lazy pundits and knee-jerk fans. Last season we benefited from our new players and new style surprising so many of the opposition, other teams having poor seasons and a good amount of luck with injuries. So our position of 4th was definitely better than expected. In many other seasons we'd have finished around 6th or 7th 

This time we've had to try and compete in four competitions, without a great deal of new players available and the worst injury crisis I've ever seen. Without the injuries I'd expect us to finish around 5th or 6th. 

We're still making progress in my opinion. 

I agree with the progress.  It's just been difficult to see due to the injuries.  Howe has had to change his approach too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wykikitoon said:

I agree with the progress.  It's just been difficult to see due to the injuries.  Howe has had to change his approach too.

Even then it's not like Plan A isn't a really good plan. The issue is that the squad is so decimated that a reliable Plan B is tricky to come by. 

Its not just the first XI that are getting injured it's their replacements and the replacement's replacement. So we haven't had a settled squad to select or cater a tactic for. 

Wilson and Isak have both missed great chunks of the season. So have 2/3 of our first choice midfielders; Joelinton and Tonali. Then their replacements too.

Screenshot_20240403-074837.thumb.png.0aed537bfd9a9fc452b0fa0a322d8b8d.png

Look at the fucking state of that man. 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

All this talk of Howe's head rolling.  I would love to have seen what Jose and Co would have done with the injuries we have had.

i  listened to talk shite on the drive home after the match and that’s exactly what the two WUM presenters were up to - fishing for bites by asking if Howe is underachieving with no mention of he season-long injury crisis 

• Like 2

It’s fucking madness reading Twitter. I know they need content and likes or whatever but fuck me.

We are 8th in the league and gunning for a European spot whilst playing with half a team all year. Howe should be seen as a miracle worker this year as well if he gets us into Europe. If not he has done a tremendous job again anyway. 

Edited by Holden McGroin
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Burn

Targett

Tino

Hall

Dummet is 5th choice left back. He’s also an highly experienced player who should fuckin well know better. 

Suffice to say no one knows who the 5th choice left back for Liverpool, Man City or Arsenal is. Or for any other fuckin PL team :cuppa: 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Burn

Targett

Tino

Hall

Dummet is 5th choice left back. He’s also an highly experienced player who should fuckin well know better. 

Suffice to say no one knows who the 5th choice left back for Liverpool, Man City or Arsenal is. Or for any other fuckin PL team :cuppa: 

Livramento and Trippier would probably be picked at LB before Dummett if they were fit and not needed on the right.

7 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Livramento and Trippier would probably be picked at LB before Dummett if they were fit and not needed on the right.

And Ritchie after last nights showing. So he's now our 8th choice LB 

• Like 2