Of course we start going on a run of some sort now. Martin Dubravkas going down easy to annoy a portuguese bloke Mags vs Anges great attacking side who have actually scored less than us whatevers.

Andrew

34 minutes ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

crytal palace, sheffield and burnley up next.

Europe is BACK ON

Did you see Spurs run in? Liverpool, Arsenal, Man City :lol: and then us again (down under).

cover5.thumb.jpg.9e83f680b4044a705ee4cebc7004a04c.jpg

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

Mourinho used to be such an engaging character. Plus when he first turned up in this country and nearly put Ferguson and Wenger in a loony bin, it was tremendous. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

But for the football gear, he looked like he was walking round shaking hands at a wedding reception on the pitch at the end. Hair still fucking immaculate too. Just fuck off mate. :lol:

Commentators talking about how good Schär is as the camera pans to him on the pitch as he's chatting away to the Spurs forward....

IMG_20240413_150746.thumb.jpg.b7946f44a319c7a56431c03ea7bb0cea.jpg

"I am terribly sorry, my friend, were you thinking of getting past me? Don't mind me as I just move past you with ease and play in our terrific blonde, Liverpudlian urchin fellow on the wing. Ciao."

• Haha 14

Tottenham’s run in is brutal: they’ve still got to play arsenal, Liverpool, Man City and Chelsea. 

We couldn’t catch them, could we?

Just now, thebrokendoll said:

thoroughly enjoyed that.   )

popped on to rtg after our 3rd....

642368346_Screenshot_20240413_134408_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.a634885a09d8e6e1cacda504de8195bb.jpg

and at the end,, the newport nutter, completely broken..

557004030_Screenshot_20240413_150959_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.24c1f4d8712aa453336e085d89ad10b5.jpg

Ruined. :lol:

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Tottenham’s run in is brutal: they’ve still got to play arsenal, Liverpool, Man City and Chelsea. 

We couldn’t catch them, could we?

Villa also have Arsenal,  Chelsea, Liverpool.

I think if we didn't have the injuries, we may have been able to do it.

I looked up “North East Heating Trades League”, just to see if it actually exists. 

Only hit, from 2021…

IMG_2607.thumb.png.4134fb4c91c104f84188b8615492b117.png

Incidentally, further down the same page…

IMG_2607.thumb.png.4134fb4c91c104f84188b8615492b117.png

:lol:

• Haha 4

I went to an A-League game tonight (the Sydney Derby) and on the way home spotted a fella wearing a current toon top which I complimented him on. He was going to watch the game at a bar in the city (invited me to come) and was watching the game on his phone. In the approximately five minute interaction we scored twice causing us both to proclaim the other as our lucky charm. You're all welcome.

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

30 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Next season is gonna be fucking class. 

It is. Honestly think we will win something. A dip this season was inevitable despite the injuries, essentially like second season syndrome you get when promoted clubs do well then get relegation form. Or when we cam 3rd in 93-94, dropped to sixth, and then would have won it in 96 if it were not for that Bardolph cunt.

Next season we are stronger, more experienced, and have less game pressure. Bring it on. 

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Commentators talking about how good Schär is as the camera pans to him on the pitch as he's chatting away to the Spurs forward....

IMG_20240413_150746.thumb.jpg.b7946f44a319c7a56431c03ea7bb0cea.jpg

"I am terribly sorry, my friend, were you thinking of getting past me? Don't mind me as I just move past you with ease and play in our terrific blonde, Liverpudlian urchin fellow on the wing. Ciao."

Screenshot_20240413_153803_Google.thumb.jpg.98ca8c44781e088693cd180c9f9b9dff.jpg

• Haha 3

Had to watch on delay after going out for dinner. 

Spurs. :lol:

What a performance. Our best for a long long time. And crazy given the makeshift defence and complete change of system.

The whole side was fantastic. But special credit to Anderson for me. Playing out of position. He had a wonderful game. He brings massive energy to the press. I really like him as a player and there's certainly a future for him with us as a squad player for at least a few seasons to come. Hopefully he can grab a PL goal kick on because he has goals in him as we saw during the pre-season games last year.

Isak is showing his class now each and every week. He is an amazing finisher. Gordon and Bruno both had nice games too. And Barnes who is showing his value. We have some serious players in this team. I really hope we don't have to sell any of the big names because if we can add a few players in the next window without losing anyone next season is going to be seriously entertaining. (It will be anyway, but it'd be great to go forward in terms of squad improvement without losing either Isak or Bruno. It'd be a shame if either left before we win something.)

And perhaps most pleasing is that Howe absolutely used a Plan B today of massive proportions (for him at least) and boy did it pay off spectacularly. That bodes well for the future as well.

And another clean sheet! We look a mean defence again all of a sudden with Burn in at CB.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, toonotl said:

And perhaps most pleasing is that Howe absolutely used a Plan B today of massive proportions (for him at least) and boy did it pay off spectacularly. That bodes well for the future as well.

Yeah, this was really encouraging. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Considering injuries, I think that is the best performance of the season. Take that bed wetters, we know who you are. 

Breaking Bad Reaction GIF

• Haha 8

I really think there is a player in Anderson. Lascelles was saying he is really strong as well which is showing.

Bar the obvious Gordon, Schar and Isak, I thought Krafu was class today as well. BDB was class. In fact EVERYONE was class bar Ciggy who was below par as usual. 😂

Edited by Holden McGroin
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Holden McGroin said:

I really think there is a player in Anderson. Lascelles was saying he is really strong as well which is showing.

Bar the obvious Gordon, Schar and Isak, I thought Krafu was class today as well. BDB was class. In fact EVERYONE was class bar Ciggy who was below par as usual. 😂

our front three was the best it’s been all season. I like Gordon on the left but we surely have to start with those three now when everybody is fit.

Isak is ice cold in front of goal. He’ll get 20 plus goals in the PL, which is amazing considering all the games he’s missed through injury  - 10, I think? What a striker we have man, we have to hold onto him. he hasn’t even been at his best this season because of all the injuries.

100% agreed about Anderson. He was so unfortunate with his injury as he would have had loads of chances this season.  I’m interested to see how he gets on in the rest of the season. It was great to see someone pressing aggressively from midfield. We’ve missed that aggression and physicality since Joelinton’s been out

• Like 3