Favourite current TV shows

Jimbo

The 3 Pillars of quality US TV

The Sopranos

The West Wing

The Wire

As much as I've enjoyed parts of 24, Heroes, Rome and that, nothing has come close to those three.

Battlestar Gallactica is supposed to be up there with them like, but I've not seen it.

It is.

It's too confusing to know where to start. Do I need to watch the original series? The mini series? The 4 recent series? The TV Movies? The Webisodes?

;)

No need to watch the original series.

Start with the first movie (which is the pilot for the series), then watch the first three series, then watch the 'Razor' movie, then watch series 4. I wouldn't bother with the mini series or webisodes.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 3 Pillars of quality US TV

The Sopranos

The West Wing

The Wire

As much as I've enjoyed parts of 24, Heroes, Rome and that, nothing has come close to those three.

Battlestar Gallactica is supposed to be up there with them like, but I've not seen it.

It is.

It's too confusing to know where to start. Do I need to watch the original series? The mini series? The 4 recent series? The TV Movies? The Webisodes?

;)

No need to watch the original series.

Start with the first movie (which is the pilot for the series), then watch the first three series, then watch the 'Razor' movie, then watch series 4. I wouldn't bother with the mini series or webisodes.

btw if the cylons really wanted to conquer earth just offer every bloke a 6 and a boomer - job done imo

Cant wait for Series 3 of Brotherhood to start at the end of the month.

Other than that, its Dexter, Weeds and Entourage for me. Watched the first series of the Unit which was decidedly average, 3 episodes into Generation Kill which is spot on and I have something called "Sleeper Cell" thats been sitting for ages, might give that a go soon.

Rome 2 - not as many breasts as the first series ;)

Try The Tudors, it will more than make up for Rome.

Yeah Jimbo the Tudors was great up until episode 5 or 6, then it dried up also.

They all do. It's like they make it past six episodes and all of a sudden the female actors decide they are more than the sum of their breasts.

Look at Kim Catrall in Sex in the, the first episode she was willing to show all but the money shot, by the end it was a bit of leg and the occassional cunt!

Other than that, its Dexter, Weeds

I had a persistent cough/bronchitis last month which meant "sleeping" in my armchair with the tv on all night and that meant I caught repeats of Weeds on Sky.

You don't want to know how many people I would happily see killed for 5 minutes with Mary Louise Parker.

Home & Away

:icon_lol::lol:

Do you want to know what happens? :read:

I read Leah's blog on the website every week. :lol::razz:

US Office series 5 started last night ;) Just downloading episode 1 now.

That should be The Sopranos you are watching. :)

Really enjoying the new series of The Sarah Connor Chronicles so far, but I am a huge fan of the Terminator movies and it really does follow on nicely. Fringe is good and I'm enjoying it but I'm not completely hooked. And Heroes is an improvement on series two but that's not saying much. There are a few things I get on DVD like The Shield, Lost and Prison Break but I've still not got the most recent series of those.

I've just watched the first few episodes of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia (I know, waaaaay behind the times) and fuck me, it's hilarious ;)

I expect 'Merikan TV bods like Jimbo will know the score and seen it a few years back.

Ive only seen a couple episodes, but I quite like 'By any means' Hardly watched Long way round and Long way down though, think maybe I might. Should I bother?

Saw a trailor for a series with Griff Rhys Jones presenting, looked quite interesting. Not sure when it starts or what its called though! ;)

Love Dexter.

When oh when is Shameless due back??

Edited by Toonraider

Channel4’s Shameless is back again, as filming begins on series six of the multi award-winning drama series.

The Gallaghers, The Maguires, and all the lawless, loveable characters of the Chatsworth Estate return for 16 new and unpredictable episodes for 2009.

This series promises benefit fraud, brothels, stints in jail and stings gone wrong, with fake suicides, cold turkey, joyriding, lesbian romps, lingerie parties, revenge and a trip to the seaside to boot – all life-affirming events in the world of this Manchester estate.