General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2015/05/oklahoma_man_who_killed_stepda.html

An Oklahoma man who strangled his stepfather by pulling the man's underwear over his head says he only meant to embarrass him with an "atomic wedgie."

Brad Lee Davis, 34, of McLoud, pleaded guilty Monday in Shawnee, Oklahoma, to first-degree manslaughter in the 2013 death of Denver St. Clair, 58. He originally has been charged with murder.

Davis told the judge at a sentencing hearing Wednesday the whole thing is "like a bad dream," according to The Oklahoman.

An autopsy determined that St. Clair died after his airway was cut off from the elastic of his torn underwear that was pulled over his head from behind in a procedure nicknamed an "atomic wedgie," according to the Tulsa World.

Davis recalled the incident during the hearing to help a judge decided punishment during a July 16 sentencing. Davis faces up to 35 years in prison.

Davis punched his stepfather unconscious before stretching the man's underwear over his head during a fight, he told Pottawatomie County District Judge John G. Canavan Jr. Davis claimed St. Clair attacked him first.

"I never had any intention of killing that man," he said. "There's no way I ever thought that could have happened. ... I was panicked, mad, scared. Things got out of hand."

Police said the Davis and St. Clair had been drinking together at a trailer a few days before Christmas, KFOR-TV reported.

They began to argue after St. Clair made negative comments about Davis' mother while she was recovering from hip surgery at a hospital, police said, the Oklahoman reported.

His stepfather was a bully, Davis said, and he pulled up his underwear in hopes of embarrassing him. In fact, he said, he took a photograph of his stepfather showing his underwear over his head.

Why do Americans always leave the word 'on' out of their descriptions of events which occur on whatever day? (As in the above, "Davis told the judge at a hearing sentencing hearing Wednesday" instead of 'on Wednesday').

How long does the average pizza delivery take? I've been waiting an hour and a half for a fucking pizza. Generally it's about 45 minutes which is still too long for a meal that takes less than 10 mins to cook.

And there's me just had a lovely 'luxury' pizza from the Co-Op, which took all of 25 minutes to open, cook and eat. I say luxury because it has red onion and spinach on it, and smells of something that is presumably meant to be garlic.

And there's me just had a lovely 'luxury' pizza from the Co-Op, which took all of 25 minutes to open, cook and eat. I say luxury because it has red onion and spinach on it, and smells of something that is presumably meant to be garlic.

I reckon I could shave 5 minutes off that.

nice 1 mate

It bothers me that the priest mentioned seemed more concerned about how expensive it was, than the fact that he had eaten human flesh. Also the final quote - 'Not surprised'...Not surprised that the local hotel was serving human flesh? What?

Went out this morning to find my car splattered in bird shit - used to happen via seagulls when I lived in shields but first time I can remember it here. I wished for a moment I lived in Sofia so I could score an AK47 and kill a few of the bastards. I suppose some kind of flamethrower could work as well but it would have to reach tree tops.

Ordered some work shoes from M&S last night - delivered this morning. Impressed by that. :up:

I'd only be impressed if it wasn't achieved using zero hours pickers and self-employed couriers.....