General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

18 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Aye, worst sort of person

:lol: That's not even what I'm saying though. I appreciate the importantance of trying to get in when you have a job of that nature. But if your only way to get into work means walking 10 miles in terrible conidtions (which they must have been if that was the only alternative) then you're endangering yourself and also anyone who might have to then rescue you. I'd be appalled if my partner did that and you would be too. If that wasn't their only means of getting in and they walked anyway, they're an even bigger mug. I suspect it might be BS in any case.

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

her shift would probably be over anyway after walking 10 miles in the snow. at least she got a work out. 

You can get male nurses too you know, Gloom. They're the ones with the underpants worn over their trousers.

17 minutes ago, Alex said:

:lol: That's not even what I'm saying though. I appreciate the importantance of trying to get in when you have a job of that nature. But if your only way to get into work means walking 10 miles in terrible conidtions (which they must have been if that was the only alternative) then you're endangering yourself and also anyone who might have to then rescue you. I'd be appalled if my partner did that and you would be too. If that wasn't their only means of getting in and they walked anyway, they're an even bigger mug. I suspect it might be BS in any case.

I don’t know which case you’re talking about. There was a female surgeon in Glasgow who walked 8miles to do an operation. -5c isn’t going to endanger anyone’s life if they are wrapped up like

Another day, another fuck on with couriers. Got a new electronic drum kit bought and paid a tenner for Saturday delivery since it was the only day I knew I’d be in to accept it. Turns out it got lost or some fuck up happened and it didn’t get delivered. Turns out they tried to deliver it today and obviously nobody was in.

I’ll ring them when I get in but has anyone had experience with TNT specifically? I’m not paying for another Saturday delivery and I’m expecting reimbursed for the last one tbh, especially considering the tracking on the app still says it’s getting delivered on the 10th of March. They going  to be arsey and not let me pick a specific time, meaning I need to dish out some millimetre treads or are they alright? Keeping in mind, this is a 450 quid piece of kit and not a pair of shoes from ASOS.

Edited by Ayatollah Hermione

I think you can rightly push them hard on this, but domestic couriers are a low margin enterprise, and I would imagine that they will not go as far as reimbursing you for the failed delivery. You should absolutely get another free saturday delivery though.

These companies aren't as well run as the international ones IMO. You get the presentation of a slick outfit at the front end, but behind the scenes it's a bunch of guys who don't really care what your package is, or when you need it.

2 minutes ago, trooper said:

https://www.myhermes.co.uk

We use these mate they're canny

Aye, they’re usually good but the place I got the kit from must use TNT so I’m stuck with them for this. What’s worse is that TNT also deliver to where I work so I’d bet my kit was in the van that pulled in this morning :lol: 

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

If you drive then could you not get it delivered to your work?

Don’t drive which also makes getting to the depot to pick up a drum kit a right fuck on.

1 minute ago, trooper said:

Did they not give you a tracking number so you can check were it is now ?

Aye but it only updated this morning with “the customer was not there” but the estimated delivery time still says “10th of March before 18:00” Basically, another useless tracking service tbh