General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

13 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Fatty meats are best cooked low and slow. 

I reckon 2 weeks at gas 4 and he’ll be ready. 

Then tip in six buckets of Kwik Save chip shop curry sauce, and an authentic South Asian feast is yours!

• Haha 5

We're morphing to a more plant based diet, and we tend to buy our meats from the local butcher. That's about as far as I'm currently willing to go. 

1 hour ago, Craig said:

Already on it. They've been asking for games techs to help them keep games running. I'm looking forward to it opening so I can take the bairn more than anything. NQ64 which recently opened round the corner is over 18s, which seems like a lot of lost revenue given the usual target demographic for this stuff (kids and sexy 40 year olds)

Edited by Kid Dynamite

On 23/03/2022 at 14:25, The Fish said:

Last year my Dad had a couple of falls. Doctors were at a loss as to the cause and he was comparatively fit and healthy so aside from doing tests and scans were happy for him to carry on as normal. He had a seizure this morning, got whisked off to hospital in the ambulance, had another seizure while waiting to be seen. Thankfully because he was surrounded by medical professionals they were able to immediately diagnose it as an epileptic fit. 

So, 76yr old, never had a problem before, now he can't drive, he'll miss out on this amazing holiday (for the time being at least) and will have to deal with whatever treatments/medications he'll need to manage this. 

Anyone know anything about epilepsy? Can it suddenly appear, or has he always had it? Is it exacerbated by having an heroic son?

So apparently the old man has been having seizures on and off throughout the nights and him and my mam haven't been telling us, and last night he had 3 so he's been carted off to hospital again. Guarantee the fucking dumbass has been exerting himself too much.

It's my mam I feel for, she'll be worried sick. 

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Hope he is okay.

He'll be okay, he's in the best possible care and my Mam will take care of him as he recovers. Honestly I think he's just not willing to accept that he simply cannot be as busy as he's used to. He should be enjoying his retirement, not volunteering everywhere, taking on responsibilities and all the rest of it. I'm not saying spend all day at the staring window, he just needs to scale shit back.

These latest seizures will mean he'll not be allowed to drive for another 6 months (at least), which will break his heart.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, The Fish said:

He'll be okay, he's in the best possible care and my Mam will take care of him as he recovers. Honestly I think he's just not willing to accept that he simply cannot be as busy as he's used to. He should be enjoying his retirement, not volunteering everywhere, taking on responsibilities and all the rest of it. I'm not saying spend all day at the staring window, he just needs to scale shit back.

These latest seizures will mean he'll not be allowed to drive for another 6 months (at least), which will break his heart.

My dad still thinks he can climb up to the roof to fix stuff at 77 no bother, the daft shite was walking around with a broken collar bone for almost two months after tripping over in Lidl with my mam. TBF it was during covid lockdown but he still should've went in to hospital but thought he'd better not and it would sort itself out. You can't tell them. 

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

My dad still thinks he can climb up to the roof to fix stuff at 77 no bother, the daft shite was walking around with a broken collar bone for almost two months after tripping over in Lidl with my mam. TBF it was during covid lockdown but he still should've went in to hospital but thought he'd better not and it would sort itself out. You can't tell them. 

Yeah, it's understandable, but infuriating. 

• Like 3

I've literally just had a conversation with my dad where I asked how they're doing and he said "oh, fine" then left a pause and added "...well, I trapped my finger in the car door on Thursday, broke two bones and had to go to the RVI, but otherwise..." :lol:

All the best to Fish Snr.

• Like 4