General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

When I lived in Clapham I was walking around the common and saw a lass knocked off her bike by a van. I ran over like a concerned citizen to see if she was ok or needed help or anything, the conversation went as follows.

Me - “are you alright?”

Her - “does it fucking look like it?”

Me - “fuck yourself then”

And I left, she wasn’t dying afaik 

• Haha 8

I saw a fella knocked off his bike as he cycled out at the junction at the top of the General when I was in school. Cyclist never checked and moved out onto the west road straight into a car. Like most cyclists he had an issue controlling his temper and proceeded to stand up, pick his bike up and throw it off the bonnet of the car (despite the accident 100% being his fault). The fella got out of his car, decked the cyclist, and threw his bike over the wall back into the General.

I saw some pretty fucked up shit growing up in the west end, but that was comfortably the most surreal.

The fact that the cyclist then stood up and lobbied for witnesses - "did you see what that man just did to me?" etc, made it even funnier, as if he'd blocked out causing the accident and then vandalising not only his own property but the car of the poor cunt HE cycled into. He wandered off to the old copper station over the road and that was the last I seen of him. I presume nothing came of it, and the desk sergeant thought it was as funny as me and my mates did.

• Haha 9

50 minutes ago, strawb said:

When I lived in Clapham I was walking around the common and saw a lass knocked off her bike by a van. I ran over like a concerned citizen to see if she was ok or needed help or anything, the conversation went as follows.

Me - “are you alright?”

Her - “does it fucking look like it?”

Me - “fuck yourself then”

And I left, she wasn’t dying afaik 

London. Say no more. :lol:

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

I was nearly hit by a bloke driving through a red this week!

The thing is with cycle paths, they're poorly designed and they're not designed for experienced cyclists.  They're designed for t'old George to ride on to go give Doris one.  There's one in Harrogate.  It's up on the pavement, then down onto the road, then back up on the pavement.  It's full of glass and shite. It slows you down as an experienced cyclist to use it.  But the bat shit crazy thing is, its on the downhill side of the road.  Whereas the uphill side there's nothing.  So I can easily keep up with the speed of the road going down, but going up that's where slower riders frustrate Brexit Barry from overtaking him to quickly jump in a massive queue of traffic for half an hour.

One of the big issues is, nothing is in legislation here.  I.e  its a massive noose around the council or governments neck.  Whereas places like Netherlands and Denmark its part of law.

Oh and road tax was abolished in 1938 

Just Saying Elliot Barnes-Worrell GIF by Van der Valk

Cyclists around here are inconsiderate bellends as well, but so are the drivers for what it's worth. 

Wife and I drove up to Helmsely last weekend.  Sunday was a stunning day.  We drove back and there was a small group of cyclists on a road driving two abreast.  Road was nice and wide.  There was about 8 of em.  No drama's, about 4 cars on the road, all gave them plenty of room, riders gave them thanks.  Stopped at a friends on the way to drop something off.  Saw these riders again.  This time on a narrower road with a slight uphill.  Anyways, all dropped into single file and waved us past.  Lovely.  Its how it should be.  Respect for all road users.

Its cunts like Vine and Barton that cause the issues.  Sky have clearly had a slow news day to put this on.  More people are injured / killed each year with motorists mounting the pavement than cyclists, but how often do you hear about it?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Wife and I drove up to Helmsely last weekend.  Sunday was a stunning day.  We drove back and there was a small group of cyclists on a road driving two abreast.  Road was nice and wide.  There was about 8 of em.  No drama's, about 4 cars on the road, all gave them plenty of room, riders gave them thanks.  Stopped at a friends on the way to drop something off.  Saw these riders again.  This time on a narrower road with a slight uphill.  Anyways, all dropped into single file and waved us past.  Lovely.  Its how it should be.  Respect for all road users.

Its cunts like Vine and Barton that cause the issues.  Sky have clearly had a slow news day to put this on.  More people are injured / killed each year with motorists mounting the pavement than cyclists, but how often do you hear about it?

Every fucking day with you, you never shut up about it :lol:

• Haha 5

I'm convinced if sky televised tiddlywinks, put it on somewhere called St. Mark's Park and nicknamed it the 'Marky Parky' and had Laura Wood hosting it, half the cunts in this country would watch it and talk about it. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I'm convinced if sky televised tiddlywinks, put it on somewhere called St. Mark's Park and nicknamed it the 'Marky Parky' and had Laura Wood hosting it, half the cunts in this country would watch it and talk about it. 

Same, great marketing for a completely shite product

• Like 3

WTF!!!!

WTF!!!!

How much is that in cuerics?

5 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

WTF!!!!

That turd is just a product of Bran flakes and opiates. Add some guinness to that recovery diet and that poor bloke gets home a few days earlier and the nurse here is carrying a bucket of brown liquid. 

• Haha 3

On 19/01/2024 at 21:24, wykikitoon said:

Little darts tosser won a tournament in Bahrain. Not a single word about sports washing. Similar to when the boxing is on in the middle east. 

Funniest comment I’ve seen related to him is a reply about his being 16 - when’s his birthday? 29th February? 

• Haha 4