General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

10 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Just looked for the Harry Enfield sketch of the two boring twats at the party saying “Soooo…. What are we driving at the moment??”… couldn’t find it but that’s this thread at the moment :cuppa:

That is, essentially, the sole purpose of this entire place tbf. 

If its not cars its guitars or films or (god forbid) football

• Haha 5

On 20/04/2024 at 13:07, Renton said:

Looks like Ralph forgot to tighten a screw on the coolant line. 

I've got a replacement hire car which is electric. I love it and now wish I'd gone for an electric. :lol:

I'm fucking tapped like. Audis are not a reliable brand, and the thing I most value is reliability. So I buy another fucking Audi. :lol:

Tap Dance GIF

Had my second hand Audi q5 for 8 years without a single issue … until it was nicked.

You should trade it in for a Tesla 

5 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Had my second hand Audi q5 for 8 years without a single issue … until it was nicked.

My Tesla is 3.5 years old and is dropping to bits. Literally has paint faking off it. Glad it's on lease and I didn't drop £45k on it!

18 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

If you look up the word overrated in the dictionary you’ll see a photo of Elon Musk with his cock stuck inside your piggy bank.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Dazzler said:

If you look up the word overrated in the dictionary you’ll see a photo of Elon Musk with his cock stuck inside your piggy bank.

i've only had the tesla for a few months but i've never loved a car more. it's a joy to drive and it wasn't that expensive. mine was three years old and i got it for 25k, which set me back 12k in total once the insurance paid out

14 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

My Tesla is 3.5 years old and is dropping to bits. Literally has paint faking off it. Glad it's on lease and I didn't drop £45k on it!

shit, i hope this isn't a sign of things to come for me and mine. though mine is about 3-4 years old now and i haven't had any bother with it....yet. but i mainly use it for short hops around london so it isn't getting drilled on a regular basis. i've only done two or three trips beyond the m25 so far 

34 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

shit, i hope this isn't a sign of things to come for me and mine. though mine is about 3-4 years old now and i haven't had any bother with it....yet. but i mainly use it for short hops around london so it isn't getting drilled on a regular basis. i've only done two or three trips beyond the m25 so far 

In six months:

Is your mind driving a Fred Flintstone car? – Pam Grout

• Haha 4

We're getting a Skoda enyaq, good battery for mileage, (not that I'll particularly need that), excellent reviews on it. Obviously wouldn't have gone electric if I couldn't get a home charger as it would too much of a ball ache for no real financial benefit. It's on the wife's motability so the net down payment cost for us is just under a £1000 pounds although it cost me £1300 to get the installation, (it should've been about a quarter of that but complications about feasibility of getting it in, (I'm on a looped supply), plus everyone back heeling it onto somebody else meant I just organised it myself. 

54 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

We're getting a Skoda enyaq, good battery for mileage, (not that I'll particularly need that), excellent reviews on it. Obviously wouldn't have gone electric if I couldn't get a home charger as it would too much of a ball ache for no real financial benefit. It's on the wife's motability so the net down payment cost for us is just under a £1000 pounds although it cost me £1300 to get the installation, (it should've been about a quarter of that but complications about feasibility of getting it in, (I'm on a looped supply), plus everyone back heeling it onto somebody else meant I just organised it myself. 

Just looked at the list price and "eek"! Fucking hell, not sure I'll ever be able to afford an electric car (doesn't make sense for us anywya currently as my wife currently gets free petrol, but that won't be forever). 

10 minutes ago, Renton said:

Just looked at the list price and "eek"! Fucking hell, not sure I'll ever be able to afford an electric car (doesn't make sense for us anywya currently as my wife currently gets free petrol, but that won't be forever). 

You can pick up a two year old one for just over £20k. I've never bought a brand new car in my life.

38 minutes ago, ewerk said:

You can pick up a two year old one for just over £20k. I've never bought a brand new car in my life.

Yeah, but that's another thing isn't it? What condition will the battery be and how much to replace that? Second hand cars have gone up loads in general too. The trade in value for mine was more than double expected 4 years ago. 

Just now, Renton said:

Yeah, but that's another thing isn't it? What condition will the battery be and how much to replace that? Second hand cars have gone up loads in general too. The trade in value for mine was more than double expected 4 years ago. 

There's only one solution here. 

I'll let you do the honours. 

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

Yeah, but that's another thing isn't it? What condition will the battery be and how much to replace that? 

Most manufacturers guarantee their batteries for eight years so unless you're planning to keep it for longer than that it isn't much of a worry.

A

14 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Most manufacturers guarantee their batteries for eight years so unless you're planning to keep it for longer than that it isn't much of a worry.

I'd say it is if you haven't got anything to put as a down payment on your next car tbh. Hopefully the technology will continue to improve and prices will drop, or I'll just have to become a bus wanker.