General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

2 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Cheers. Was just reading that. That’s my pre match entertainment sorted 👍

Genuinely takes about 45 minutes or so, most of which is time just spent sat waiting for things to install - first the USB, and then the actual installation.  Obviously it completely wipes your PC, so back up any files - best thing to do is add them to Google Drive cos that's integral to the Chromebook setup anyway. 

This laptop has always run ridiculously hot, with the fan battling to try and keep it cool, but it's completely silent now cos this OS is so lightweight.  Battery seems to be lasting quite a bit longer as a result too. 

• Like 1

Honestly it's a piece of piss. I'm not remotely computer savvy beyond ability to use Windows. You install the OS on a USB stick by plugging it in to your laptop and running the programme they provide. 

Then you start your laptop, boot from your new USB stick, and install. 

It honestly doesn't involve any techy shit. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Honestly it's a piece of piss. I'm not remotely computer savvy beyond ability to use Windows. You install the OS on a USB stick by plugging it in to your laptop and running the programme they provide. 

Then you start your laptop, boot from your new USB stick, and install. 

It honestly doesn't involve any techy shit. 

looks a piece of piss but only usb I have to hand is Sandisk. What USB do they NOT recommend :lol: 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

looks a piece of piss but only usb I have to hand is Sandisk. What USB do they NOT recommend :lol: 

I ignored that and used SanDisk. Worked fine. Nobody tells me what brand of USB stick to use. 

• Haha 1

Sat in the restaurant in the hotel this morning watching fat cunts eat themselves to death. 

A manc walking around in his Liverpool tracksuit top as if he's carrying two carpets and looking for a scrap :lol:

Nowt queer as folk 

• Haha 1