General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

6 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

There’s fuck all Scottish about them.

Apart from the direct lineage to the Stewart Kings & Queens on both sides of the current Queen's family that's spot on :good:

You're over compensating again Kev, we've talked about this before haven't we? :)

• Haha 4

House of Glucksburg is originally German and from another German house, the name of which escapes me. But it’s right next to Denmark and, as well as German states the family has ruled / married into the Danish, Norwegian and Greek royal families etc. It’s fucking ridiculous the importance we still collectively attach to these inbred weirdos like 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

Apart from the direct lineage to the Stewart Kings & Queens on both sides of the current Queen's family that's spot on :good:

You're over compensating again Kev, we've talked about this before haven't we? :)

That’s like saying we’re all African. They haven’t been Scottish for hundreds of years 

1 minute ago, Alex said:

House of Glucksburg is originally German and from another German house, the name of which escapes me. But it’s right next to Denmark and, as well as German states the family has ruled / married into the Danish, Norwegian and Greek royal families etc. It’s fucking ridiculous the importance we still collectively attach to these inbred weirdos like 

When Liz croaks it I'd like to think the citizens of the UK would be grown up enough to have a conversation about the future of the monarchy  leading to a referendum, with politicians leading the way in an honest and open debate and both them and  members of the fourth estate adding fact based opinion on the issue .....that's what I'd like to think.... :(

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Alex said:

I spent part of the summer holidays near Glücksburg in 2020. They had a room in the castle just about the family ties to more or less every ruling family in the early 1900s. Those family photos were equivalent to the group photos from a G20 summit.

• Like 2

Even without looking at how many of the current European monarchs are all related to Victoria, you just need to look at the wiki article on heirs to the British throne and how many qualify multiple times via family connections to see how shallow the gene pool is - probably about one water molecule deep to be exact. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

That’s like saying we’re all African. They haven’t been Scottish for hundreds of years 

I did this period for A-level, amazing what sticks in your mind. I think Charles I might’ve been the last one actually born in Scotland. Charles Edward Stuart, he of Bonnie Prince Charlie / Drambuie fame was born in modern day Italy and didn’t even speak English (or Gaelic for that matter) iirc 

Just now, Alex said:

I did this period for A-level, amazing what sticks in your mind. I think Charles I might’ve been the last one actually born in Scotland. Charles Edward Stuart, he of Bonnie Prince Charlie / Drambuie fame was born in modern day Italy and didn’t even speak English (or Gaelic for that matter) iirc 

Aye once James moved south he never went back.

8 minutes ago, Alex said:

The last true Gaelic speaking king of Scots was a fellah called Macbeth. Some time ago a jumped up Brummie wrote a hatchet job on him which is still widely read. It was written to discredit the Scottish claim to the throne, which in those days people were being executed for by the monarchs of the false claim......for that reason the author will always be to me one of the worst boot licking servile snivelling wankers ever shat into creation. Fuckin Duke of Oxford wrote it all anyway :cuppa:

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Like 1

Also although the Palace of Whitehall was later all but destroyed, The Banqueting House remains to this day. If you walk past and look in the windows you can see the elaborately painted ceiling. Charles I spent his final hours there before he got his heed cut off on the scaffold constructed outside 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Digression, how's this camera work (if this is real)

Can’t work out of its real or not although the impact didn’t seem bad enough. Either way it doesn’t make me want to try skydiving