General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

21 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

This isn't a dig, but are you baically suggesting that he didn't know it was as racist as the Twitterverse etc perceives it to be? 

Not really. I think he's fully aware of how awful the joke is, but I'm saying I believe he expected the crowd to be shocked, rather than encouraged. He tells jokes about rape, misogyny, murder, 'If only Africa had more mosquito nets then every year we could save millions of mosquitoes from dying needlessly of aids'.

The laughter is supposed to come from people being appalled at the words and by extension the comedian, not agreeing with him. As was the case with the Gypsy joke. 

Just so we're clear, the above is only my opinion. I still think it's a racist joke, and he's got it wrong.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Renton said:

As has been said, the biggest offence is its just not funny. If you're planning on a career ending joke, at least make it a funny one. At least make some point.

Stand up is a strange one for me. Used to  follow the scene somewhat, before kids. I've invariably found stand ups are better in their early formative  years, and as they get more famous they become stale. Small venues help too, comedy clubs are infinitely better than arenas and normally a lot cheaper too. Best of all is the Edinburgh fringe.

I think that speaks to the core of stand up; the unexpected. 

Few stand ups can still get the unexpected laugh, decades into their careers. 

2 hours ago, The Fish said:

I think that speaks to the core of stand up; the unexpected. 

Few stand ups can still get the unexpected laugh, decades into their careers. 

Which is where I come in... 😎🆒💥

19 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Jumped before the push. 

Hardly covered herself with glory- streets full of racists,rapists, murderers and violent right-wing thugs… and that’s just the regular constabulary. 

Still, at least she gave us this

• Haha 5

Currently in the Big Smurk. First time I've spent any proper time down here. Totally underwhelmed with Downing Street and Buck Palace.  A lot of press outside Scotland Yard. 

An absolutely stunning day weather wise here today and walked just shy of 30km so absolutely goosed.  

There's a fucking tonne of brass in the centre of London init. A fuck load of construction work going on. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Currently in the Big Smurk. First time I've spent any proper time down here. Totally underwhelmed with Downing Street and Buck Palace.  A lot of press outside Scotland Yard. 

An absolutely stunning day weather wise here today and walked just shy of 30km so absolutely goosed.  

There's a fucking tonne of brass in the centre of London init. A fuck load of construction work going on. 

I expect nothing less from my main man :lol: 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

incomparablyme GIF

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

I expect nothing less from my main man :lol: 

:lol:

I don't know what I was expecting tbh. 

I love NYC and been multiple times and got married there. But if someone said you can only go to NYC or London again i would chose London. The history here, some of the little side streets I've been up today has been great. Stunning architecture. Really enjoyed it. 

13 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

:lol:

I don't know what I was expecting tbh. 

I love NYC and been multiple times and got married there. But if someone said you can only go to NYC or London again i would chose London. The history here, some of the little side streets I've been up today has been great. Stunning architecture. Really enjoyed it. 

Aye stuff like this which I used to walk up / down all the time. There’s things like that all over. 

• Like 1