General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Suggestion in the news today Levi Bellfield has admitted to the murders of Lin and Megan Russell, and the near fatal attack on Josie Russell in 1996. Michael Stone has been locked up for 26 years and always vehemently denied involvement and the evidence that convicted his was said to be circumstantial. 

• Like 1

Just been to a kids’ party at Inflatanation at North Shields. I haven’t been to Royal Quays for years. Fuck me, I’m not saying the place is run down but they’ve got a Poundland Outlet 

• Haha 2

Been shit for years, Poundland is probably the most useful shop there!

I did some casual work in a "pound" shop in the US way back in 90s before they were heard of here. Actually it was the 88 cent store, which was undercutting the more established 99 cent store. Both sold the same Chinese made shit. However, sales tax was prepaid in the 99 shop but added after the sale in our shop, making the purchase the same price and pissing off the customers at the same time. US entrepreneurship at it's best. Genius. 

• Haha 5

8 minutes ago, Renton said:

Been shit for years, Poundland is probably the most useful shop there!

I did some casual work in a "pound" shop in the US way back in 90s before they were heard of here. Actually it was the 88 cent store, which was undercutting the more established 99 cent store. Both sold the same Chinese made shit. However, sales tax was prepaid in the 99 shop but added after the sale in our shop, making the purchase the same price and pissing off the customers at the same time. US entrepreneurship at it's best. Genius. 

:lol: The sales tax thing over there is so weird, mind.

19 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

It's a pity this didn't get to Italy when I first visited it. 2000 lira shop not quite got the ring to it?

:lol: With competition from "Everything's 1999 lira" next-door

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

It's a pity this didn't get to Italy when I first visited it. 2000 lira shop not quite got the ring to it?

The 10,000,0000,000 Deutsche mark shop, Germany circa 1923.

• Haha 2

Lots of friends of Carr and right wing trolls trying to justify this...not sure if I can tbh...the Gypsies are probably the only group Carr thought he'd get away with...can anyone explain  why its OK?...am willing to listen...

• Like 1

I've never found him funny, I do like edgy humour, but to go anywhere near a holocaust joke is fucking stupid if nothing else. What did this joke achieve? It had no subtlety about it, it didn't enlighten in any way.

Prejudice against travellers is one of the main remaining "isms" going.  However, their way of life isn't really ever going to integrate with the rest of the population so its not going away. Shows like Gypsey Wedding etc just reinforce things but everybody's got their own true anecdotes about this group. Hardly justifies genocide or joking about it though . 

Holocaust jokes aren't edgy. Bad comedians have been telling offensive jokes for cheap laughs for decades. 

At least pick something contemporary. Tell an awful joke about the ethnic cleansing of Uyghurs in China and have it all over the papers. 

Up bright and early for work at 5.00am until the cat sneaked a mouse into the house :lol: 

Wife has gone absolutely bat shit crazy, threatening to spend all day sitting in her car. :)

So I’ve just spent two hours chasing the little fucker and moving furniture and I’m no further forward. Off to Screwfix for supplies.

2 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Up bright and early for work at 5.00am until the cat sneaked a mouse into the house :lol: 

Wife has gone absolutely bat shit crazy, threatening to spend all day sitting in her car. :)

So I’ve just spent two hours chasing the little fucker and moving furniture and I’m no further forward. Off to Screwfix for supplies.

That mouse is long gone.

Youll find it dead under your boiler in about 3 months...

• Haha 2

That's  no way to talk about CT''s missus etc....

The little fuckers freak me out too. Last one I had I cornered and it climbed into my sound systems woofer. I couldn't get it out without dismantling it so I just took the speaker to the dump and left it. Gruesome.  

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

Are you sure you want to sort this out?

4B09CB06-0BB9-403C-885D-2CA3331C2693.jpeg

• Haha 8

2 minutes ago, Blastronaut said:

Punching down at minorities aside, it's just a shit joke. A good punchline should fairly unexpected, could see that coming a mile off. 

Think Jimmy might need Frankie Boyle writing for him again.

Aye that was my take on it too. Just a shit, obvious joke. 

I can't really speak to how offensive it is cos I'm not the subject. 

12 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

Surely the cat should be told to finish the job it started. 

• Haha 1