General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

On 12/02/2022 at 21:11, Gemmill said:

Lads, if you've got an old laptop that runs like absolute shit, turn it into a Chromebook.  I've just done it in less than an hour and it now runs like a brand new computer.  Piece of piss as well. 

So here I am accessing Toontastic on my super fast Chromebook thingy :smile: 

Thanks Gemmil, @Howmanheyman Absolute piece of piss to do, literally a few button presses and away you go.

No idea what I'll actually use it for as I mostly do everything on my phone, but its transformed a tip destined machine.

One question gemmil, will it now always boot up like this or do I have to press F12 and change the boot options?

4 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Thanks Gemmil, @Howmanheyman Absolute piece of piss to do, literally a few button presses and away you go.

No idea what I'll actually use it for as I mostly do everything on my phone, but its transformed a tip destined machine.

One question gemmil, will it now always boot up like this or do I have to press F12 and change the boot options?

If you've installed it, you can unplug the USB stick and it'll just boot to Chrome OS from now on. 

Glad you got sorted. 👍

In terms of when to use it, I find it much easier on my eyes using a laptop than a phone. Must be getting old. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

If you've installed it, you can unplug the USB stick and it'll just boot to Chrome OS from now on. 

Glad you got sorted. 👍

In terms of when to use it, I find it much easier on my eyes using a laptop than a phone. Must be getting old. 

ok, so when I restarted it, it was back on windows :lol: 

I quickly found the paragraph that I skipped and all works fine.

My question is, if I want to set up an app, such as Netflix, where do I go to get it and will it appear on the Home Screen below.

74F6FAFF-ED03-4197-85D4-0A75E4134748.jpeg

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

Apparently it's no good for stuff the missus uses so stuck with the slow laptop. (Saves me a job). :good:

7 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Sorted. I think I was trying to add stuff from the Google store when I should have been using the chrome store 

I thought Chrome was the Google browser? Anyway, fuck off with this apps for laptops shite. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Post a photo of you and that kid side by side and see if anyone can spot the difference. 

Give over man, I'm not falling for that trick twice in 16 years! :lol:

• Haha 2

:lol:

“But I figured if George Lucas can put out Star Wars 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7, I can put out ‘Ram Ranch 2.'”

In total, he has now written 541 versions of “Ram Ranch” (including one recorded in his condo just yesterday afternoon), as well as songs titled “Cum God” and “Prince Harry’s 12-Inch Cock.”

• Haha 1

On 12/02/2022 at 21:11, Gemmill said:

Lads, if you've got an old laptop that runs like absolute shit, turn it into a Chromebook.  I've just done it in less than an hour and it now runs like a brand new computer.  Piece of piss as well. 

Honestly, this has to be one of the best life hacks ever :lol:

Got it working a treat, dead fast and it’s keeping my legs warm 👍

D7FAC4DE-67FB-4721-80B1-5B93510EFFE4.jpeg

Just now, Christmas Tree said:

Honestly, this has to be one of the best life hacks ever. :lol:

Got it working a treat, dead fast and it’s keeping my legs warm 👍

D7FAC4DE-67FB-4721-80B1-5B93510EFFE4.jpeg

"You absolutely fifty faced cunt!"

cherry-tomato-1511698__01__01.jpg

• Haha 1