General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

You need to give us some parameters, like those two Tory Twats Phil and Kirsty…

” Cressida is 25 and writes horoscopes for Pugs, Angus is 26 and makes Artisan Welsh Love Spoons from baked seaweed. 
They have a loose budget of £10million, and want a minimum of 8 bedrooms, three bathrooms, a large, combined kitchen/microbrewery and a three bed granny flat. 

They want a rural retreat within easy reach of Dublin and Latvia, and they’d prefer the property to made from crushed biscuits and gravel.”

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, trophyshy said:

Cheers lads. :lol: 

If you've got pots of cash, you could massively overpay for my parents place in Seaton Sluice to help them have the kind of retirement they deserve. And if you can do that, why wouldn't you? Why would you deny two absolute legends happiness? Are you so broken by the hate-filled South that you care nothing for the elderly? 

You make me sick.

• Haha 6

I was thinking about relocating back as well this year but the mrs is southern. And the kids have southern accents so not sure they'd manage. Plus I;ve never taken them up in winter so they are completely oblivious to that North Sea wind biting.

10 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Horizontal rain and some moderate bullying about their accents will be the making of them. Get them up here. 

Made me the man I am today.

Admittedly, a jacket wearing, 'vague northern'-accented Cheshire ponce, but still a man.

Probably semi-rural with nice views, has to be walking distance to a pub. Children will need schools I suppose. Maybe a bit of land for the lass’s (future) horse. I’ll need a ketamine shed, obviously.  

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, trophyshy said:

Currently toying with moving back to the NE.  Having previously lived in Whitley Bay, Morpeth, Hexham, Durham and Monkseaton (and the dark place, but let's brush past that).

We would have a decent wedge from mine and my lass's kips in Brighton, what are some areas we should consider?

With global warming undoubtedly a real thing now, I'd seriously recommend basking in sea fret on the coast rather than fry inland. There's a shortage of supply in North Tyneside though, and nice parts of Northumberland will have premium prices so guess it just depends on your budget.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Renton said:

With global warming undoubtedly a real thing now, I'd seriously recommend basking in sea fret on the coast rather than fry inland. There's a shortage of supply in North Tyneside though, and nice parts of Northumberland will have premium prices so guess it just depends on your budget.

This is part of the thinking.  It is going to get rank down here soon enough.  

Is it daft to be worried about being near the coast too, if we're talking climate change? Obviously it's going to take quite a while yet before sea levels themselves are an issue, but I'm thinking susceptibility to flooding and other things caused by freak weather events. Probably overthinking it mind. :lol:

54 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Is it daft to be worried about being near the coast too, if we're talking climate change? Obviously it's going to take quite a while yet before sea levels themselves are an issue, but I'm thinking susceptibility to flooding and other things caused by freak weather events. Probably overthinking it mind. :lol:

Not at all. 
Look at how rapidly extreme weather events have escalated here over the last decade. 

If I was living on the coast I’d be making plans/moving. 

Having said that, owning property near the coast might be worthwhile- in 10-15 years we’ll be having Mediterranean summers and Skeggy will be the new Shagaluf :lol:

Costa del Palmersville for the more discerning traveller…

9 hours ago, Meenzer said:

Depends, but most the coastal properties in this area are up a height protected by dunes, headlands, or cliffs, probably about 30 to 50 metres. I'm about 150 metres from the sea at high tide but at a greater elevation than York. Even the Greenland ice shelf melting, which is probably less than 2 decades away, wouldn't have a big impact. Properties on the river are most at risk. The winter storms coming from the North Sea are something else though. 

• Like 1