General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

11 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

Ah, this reminds me of an old joke. If only I could be arsed to type it all out..... (Robin Robin, stand down from the GIFs, repeat, stand down from the GIFs). :lol:

Damn :sad:

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

So...Energy Prices

This is (apparently) my estimates per month:

12 months ago: £85

Currently: £250 

-----

From October: £450

From January: £683

From April: £893

This can't happen, can it?

I sense the first revolution in over 300 years is just around the corner.

24 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

So...Energy Prices

-----

I don't think it will. Even these cunts know it's not happening. I expect a fudge, a back track then paying these pirates government money to subsidise the payments before a labour govt realises it has to go back into nationalised ownership and the electorate will largely endorse it now they're* seeing the exposed fangs of privatisation.

*Even floating Tories.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

So...Energy Prices

-----

The January figure is about the average mortgage I believe. Mine's much more and not fixed unfortunately l, so getting shafted by interest rate rises. So will most other people when their fixed rates end. Then there is huge food inflation too. My baseline utilities are higher than yours so looks like I'm facing £1000 a month in April. My wife is cutting her work hours out of pure necessity. We'll still be on a good wedge, but with existing debts I pay (fucking rip off builder) I'm worried. And I'm in the top 5% living in the NE. Honestly, this country is ruined.

21 hours ago, ewerk said:

I have a pic on my phone of my dog's shaved arsehole that I had to send the vet last year if anyone's interested? DMs open, willing to trade.

my cat loves nothing more than proudly displaying her puckered hoop to any colleague i might be on a video call with while wfh 

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

my cat loves nothing more than proudly displaying her puckered hoop to any colleague i might be on a video call with while wfh 

I thought it was dogs who were meant to be like their owners 

• Haha 5

52 minutes ago, Renton said:

The January figure is about the average mortgage I believe. Mine's much more and not fixed unfortunately l, so getting shafted by interest rate rises. So will most other people when their fixed rates end. Then there is huge food inflation too. My baseline utilities are higher than yours so looks like I'm facing £1000 a month in April. My wife is cutting her work hours out of pure necessity. We'll still be on a good wedge, but with existing debts I pay (fucking rip off builder) I'm worried. And I'm in the top 5% living in the NE. Honestly, this country is ruined.

Id be tempted to go Fixed rate? Luckily I fixed mine last year for 5 years so don't have to worry about it at the mo.

Got a new revised bill from the water company after they'd sent a bloke around to take a reading from the meter under the footpath.

Going from about £50 to c£110 a month. They reckon I'm using, on average 978 litres a day.

I find fault with this.

39 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Id be tempted to go Fixed rate? Luckily I fixed mine last year for 5 years so don't have to worry about it at the mo.

Not worth it with today's offers, unless the interest rate exceeds 5% for a prolonged period, which of course it well might. It's a lifetime tracker set at 0.25% above base rate, which was amazing until this year. That's the thing, the same with energy, there's not enough information to inform you of the best options cos we're in pretty much unprecedented economic times. If the BoE puts up interest rates too much to counter inflation they'll send us into a 1930s type depression. 

Edited by Renton

13 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Did you include wanking time in the shower? Adds a lot on.

The average for a 6 person household is 592 litres. I'm not wanking that much

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Renton said:

Not worth it with today's offers, unless the interest rate exceeds 5% for a prolonged period, which of course it well might. It's a lifetime tracker set at 0.25% above base rate, which was amazing until this year. That's the thing, the same with energy, there's not enough information to inform you of the best options cos we're in pretty much unprecedented economic times. If the BoE puts up interest rates too much to counter inflation they'll send us into a 1930s type depression. 

Unless energy prices are capped and support is offered (that includes businesses) then we will be there very shortly anyway.

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

Got a new revised bill from the water company after they'd sent a bloke around to take a reading from the meter under the footpath.

Going from about £50 to c£110 a month. They reckon I'm using, on average 978 litres a day.

I find fault with this.

I had this three years ago but it was from £10 to £250 which I had to pay for a few months - turned out it was a leak and I got it all back eventually once it was fixed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

I find fault with this.

I pay £29 a month for water - we're on a meter. Never paid above £50. I'd get the cunts back out quick smart. 

And aye the numbers for energy are truly terrifying. I can't imagine that the Tories are just gonna do fuck all about it, but I can imagine them needing to be dragged over the line. The fact they've let it get this far is a fucking disgrace. 

• Like 1

Currently toying with moving back to the NE.  Having previously lived in Whitley Bay, Morpeth, Hexham, Durham and Monkseaton (and the dark place, but let's brush past that).

We would have a decent wedge from mine and my lass's kips in Brighton, what are some areas we should consider?

Depends what you’re looking for- rural, suburbs etc. 

If you’ve not been back up here in a while, you might be surprised by how many previously greenfield areas have now been consumed by Lego house newbuild estates. 

• Like 1

If you're coming up here wedged up in your fucking South Coast birkenstocks like some kind of new age Loadsamoney, I'd be looking for somewhere up the coast a bit in Northumberland. Anywhere vaguely around Newcastle is crammed in and getting ever more so. 

• Like 1