General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

:D

I was on the quiet coach going up to Edinburgh on the train once and I was sat next to this right dick. When I got on I was putting my earphones away but upon seeing them he tapped me on the shoulder and didn't actually say anything, he just pointed to the sign saying it was the quiet coach. I pointed out I was putting them away in any case. Also, whenever anyone's phone rang he would stand up and stare at them. This was irrespective of whether they were getting up to move to the vestibule or if they were having a quiet conversation. He was actually getting himself really riled by it. He also looked at the cover of the book I was reading and sort of sneered (it was a Chuck Palahniuk book). It's funny as I read about 100 pages on it on the journey whilst I think he must have read about two pages of the Thomas Hardy book he had with him (which I've also read, I might add). He was quite a young lad as well, American I think. The stuff people get themselves annoyed about. What's the point?

That last bit, exactly! The two of them got so worked up me being on my phone in the quiet coach. Fuck me, if I was the worst thing to happen to him that day he's doing ok.

I stole the moral high ground as well as mid way through the journey I heard him asking his mate how to spell something for his cross word (the spelling of the aye-aye, thing with the geet long finger) and shouted across to tell him.

Like you say, stuff people get wound up by is mental.

When ever I've been in a quiet coach I've had my headphones on and there's been no bother. I reckon it was the singing along that has vexed your fellow passengers.

Wife: "I see Tesco are doing 25% off all bottles if you buy six."

Me: "Righto."

Wife: "I was thinking...... (I start to curl up and die at this point of the conversation as I realise I'll either be asked to do something or spend money unnecessarily, possibly both)..... why don't we buy six bottles of champagne? Instead of £180 it'll be £135!"

Me: (Speechless.)

Wife: "What do you think then?"

I think she, like a lot of females, have some kind of deranged thought processes. So I therefore tell her in no uncertain terms, "Err, I think we'll leave it this time, pet."

Wife: "I see Tesco are doing 25% off all bottles if you buy six."

Me: "Righto."

Wife: "I was thinking...... (I start to curl up and die at this point of the conversation as I realise I'll either be asked to do something or spend money unnecessarily, possibly both)..... why don't we buy six bottles of champagne? Instead of £180 it'll be £135!"

Me: (Speechless.)

Wife: "What do you think then?"

I think she, like a lot of females, have some kind of deranged thought processes. So I therefore tell her in no uncertain terms, "Err, I think we'll leave it this time, pet."

If she really wants some bubbly for Xmas for having friends over and that, suggest getting some Italian Prosecco. You can get amazing quality for less than a tenner a bottle and its considered as good as champagne by many. Tesco, M&S etc would be my statin points, I reckon you can find decent ones for around 7 or 8 a bottle. I prefer Prosecco to Cava which is the other option of course.

My boss told me last night that she stalks my facebook account and on Saturdays she takes any football comments I put up and passes them off as her own so she fits in at the golf club with all the blokes :lol:

If she really wants some bubbly for Xmas for having friends over and that, suggest getting some Italian Prosecco. You can get amazing quality for less than a tenner a bottle and its considered as good as champagne by many. Tesco, M&S etc would be my statin points, I reckon you can find decent ones for around 7 or 8 a bottle. I prefer Prosecco to Cava which is the other option of course.

I'll bare that in mind next time we she wants some bubbly , Chez. :good:

The lads at the golf club must think she's a reet divvy.

;)

No disagreement here :lol: they must think she hates Suarez and not much else, I was shocked when she said it because I really don't think I comment much on football.

Why have you got your boss on your facebook?....or am I behind the times with workplace relationships?.....can she conceiveably sack you?...

She actually reported one of the top bosses to HR for adding people on facebook so I think she is fairly safe. I never post anything sack worthy and it oils the wheels a little to have such a relationship ;) plus if there ever was anything I didn't want her to see there are the options available to restrict viewing but as said I know what not to post on social network sites or at least keep them on forums where I would be almost impossible to trace (ie here).

She actually reported one of the top bosses to HR for adding people on facebook so I think she is fairly safe. I never post anything sack worthy and it oils the wheels a little to have such a relationship ;) plus if there ever was anything I didn't want her to see there are the options available to restrict viewing but as said I know what not to post on social network sites or at least keep them on forums where I would be almost impossible to trace (ie here).

So the top boss wanted to add employees to "spy" on them?.....and she doesnt?! ;)

Am the worlds dullest person. Tthe last time I made a statement to the world via FB was when an old car of mine broke down on the motorway and I was bored waiting for the AA. But am still fucked if I'd have anybody I worked with anywhere near my facebook.

I honestly don't think she does, she is too honest if anything.

The fact she took it upon herself to report her boss because of adding people on facebook to me says she respects peoples privacy even if it is hypocritical that she has done the same herself.

I think she is one of those managers who wants to be 'one of the gang' so will go out of her way to interact with people.

But am still fucked if I'd have anybody I worked with anywhere near my facebook.

Too right! :)

I jacked Facebook in a good while ago and it's nice to know no wierd fuckers, and there's one or two where I work, can view my home life.

She reported one of the top brass for adding employees on facebook when she does so herself?

Or am i reading this wrong?

Yeah she did, definitely sounds hypocritical but in her defence I or anyone she has added hasn't felt as uncomfortable adding/rejecting her as they have with him. A few actually went to her asking what they can do (ie ignore his request etc..) because they genuinely didn't know what the consequences of their actions would be.

Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Jovan Belcher shot his girlfriend and mother of his 6 month old baby earlier. He then drove to their practice facility and shot himself in the head in front of his coach and general manager. RIP to the girlfriend obviously and I hope they find a way of helping the baby out. It's hardly gonna help the mental state of the coach and the gm seeing one of their players blow his brains out in front of them either. I just don't get it, naturally if he was having problems he should've tried getting help, but given he had decided to kill himself, why take down the mother of his child as well as harming the mental state of two men who would have only wanted the best for him. Ridiculous.

Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Jovan Belcher shot his girlfriend and mother of his 6 month old baby earlier. He then drove to their practice facility and shot himself in the head in front of his coach and general manager. RIP to the girlfriend obviously and I hope they find a way of helping the baby out. It's hardly gonna help the mental state of the coach and the gm seeing one of their players blow his brains out in front of them either. I just don't get it, naturally if he was having problems he should've tried getting help, but given he had decided to kill himself, why take down the mother of his child as well as harming the mental state of two men who would have only wanted the best for him. Ridiculous.

:(

Horrific story. Easy to say that he 'should have got help' but you've no idea what state he was in mentally or why he did what he did.

My cousin killed himself in front of his parents in July and we're dealing with the consequences of that on a daily basis. There was no indication that he was "planning" anything and despite years of depression and other mental problems he'd never ever hurt himself or anyone else. There's no explanation for why he did what he did, and maybe it's the same in this case. Tragic for everyone involved - especially those left behind.

Awful story. Hate hearing about suicides after my (de facto*) stepsister killed herself almost a year ago. So fucking devastating for those all around, and of course even more so if it involves taking another life too.

*came to mind, don't know if it's the best phrase to use

Edited by Jill