General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Try working in construction or heavy engineering and not showering when you finish work. And once you're clean then, are you really going to have another shower less than 12 hours later before clocking on for another shift in what is quite often a shit tip?..

I work 12hr shifts sweating like god knows what in an operating theatre man. Despite washing my hands a hundred times a night I still feel manky when I get home so have a quick shower before bed in a morning. I also have one when I get up before going back to work cos I wash my hair. Considering I'm often elbows deep in blood, shit, phlegm and god-knows what else at work, I don't think it's excessive :lol:

I can understand post work showers but the idea that another one the next morning is somehow hard work is mental - sounds like a return to the tin bath filled from kettles era.

As for trying to claim you're still fresh and clean after a night in bed - what about this summer's sweaty nights? What about sex/wanking?

:lol:

Its fuckin irrelevent if the place you work is full of cum stained sweaties anyway

I work 12hr shifts sweating like god knows what in an operating theatre man. Despite washing my hands a hundred times a night I still feel manky when I get home so have a quick shower before bed in a morning. I also have one when I get up before going back to work cos I wash my hair. Considering I'm often elbows deep in blood, shit, phlegm and god-knows what else at work, I don't think it's excessive :lol:

Quick tip: wash your hair when you finish work :)

My missus only washes hers every other day...she wears it up if shes not washed it. She does shower before work, but not when she gets in. Legal secretary.

Quick tip: wash your hair when you finish work :)

My missus only washes hers every other day...she wears it up if shes not washed it. She does shower before work, but not when she gets in. Legal secretary.

Can't wash my hair then sleep on it cos it looks shit. The irony of it is that I wash it, go to work and put a theatre hat on for 12hrs. But at least it feels clean.

Can't wash my hair then sleep on it cos it looks shit. The irony of it is that I wash it, go to work and put a theatre hat on for 12hrs. But at least it feels clean.

Do you use shampoo?...the other half is a huge fan of those Lush soap/shampoo bars...theyre all revolting iyam..one she uses smells like sick :puke:

I can understand post work showers but the idea that another one the next morning is somehow hard work is mental - sounds like a return to the tin bath filled from kettles era.

As for trying to claim you're still fresh and clean after a night in bed - what about this summer's sweaty nights? What about sex/wanking?

Fine if you are single and have a decent shower, and don't need to be out at stupid o'clock as well as getting a child ready for nursery etc.

To an extent I agree with CT, there's a weird obsession with cleanliness when people need 2, 3, or 4 showers a day.

Do you use shampoo?...the other half is a huge fan of those Lush soap/shampoo bars...theyre all revolting iyam..one she uses smells like sick :puke:

Normal shampoo here. Just Herbal Essences - nowt fancy.

Fine if you are single and have a decent shower, and don't need to be out at stupid o'clock as well as getting a child ready for nursery etc.

To an extent I agree with CT, there's a weird obsession with cleanliness when people need 2, 3, or 4 showers a day.

Typical of you this, knackered shower, but a lovely stained glass window.

Oh and people saying their reason for not showering is time are just kidding themselves, it's laziness pure and simple. A blokes shower takes 5 minutes tops, any longer in there and you're not washing, you're dawdling.

Also, it's not an obsession with cleanliness, a shower in the morning is as much to wake me up as it is to clean me.

I think it's possible to wash your hair and all other important areas in one minute, although I admit I don't bother with conditioner as I think it's a total scam.

Drying off takes perhaps another minute.

Allow yourself another minute for indulgence and I reckon you can do the lot in 3 minutes with a little dedication, training and practice.

If you have a piss in there, you can shave another minute off your morning prep time.

I'd draw the line at shiting though, as any time saved would be lost pushing it down the plug hole, unless you've got beer shits, in which case, that's another 30 seconds saved.

;)