General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Ok so this is a grim story about a guy who drugged and raped several men, some of whom died from overdoses. The guy got a full life sentence and it sounds justified. However, he didn't mean to kill the ones who died, and so had to dispose of the bodies - he left one in an open grave, and then when he killed another one a few months later, left him in the same position, but with a suicide note:

As part of an elaborate cover-up, Port faked and planted a suicide note purporting to have been written by Whitworth claiming he had taken his own life by overdosing on GHB in guilt over accidentally giving Kovari a fatal dose of the drug during sex. The note, which was taken at “face value” by investigating officers, included the line: “BTW, please do not blame the guy I was with last night, we only had sex, then I left. He knows nothing of what I have done.” Had police attempted to trace that “guy’, which they did not, it could have led them to Port.

How in fuck does a note that reads 'BTW please do not blame the guy I was with last night' fail to be followed up on? Too right the families are suing the Met.

Full story: https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/nov/25/serial-killer-stephen-port-jailed-for-life

Ok so this is a grim story about a guy who drugged and raped several men, some of whom died from overdoses. The guy got a full life sentence and it sounds justified. However, he didn't mean to kill the ones who died, and so had to dispose of the bodies - he left one in an open grave, and then when he killed another one a few months later, left him in the same position, but with a suicide note:

As part of an elaborate cover-up, Port faked and planted a suicide note purporting to have been written by Whitworth claiming he had taken his own life by overdosing on GHB in guilt over accidentally giving Kovari a fatal dose of the drug during sex. The note, which was taken at “face value” by investigating officers, included the line: “BTW, please do not blame the guy I was with last night, we only had sex, then I left. He knows nothing of what I have done.” Had police attempted to trace that “guy’, which they did not, it could have led them to Port.

How in fuck does a note that reads 'BTW please do not blame the guy I was with last night' fail to be followed up on? Too right the families are suing the Met.

Full story: https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/nov/25/serial-killer-stephen-port-jailed-for-life

They also ignored the pathologist telling them to investigate further due to one of his victims having bruising that implied a third party had been involved.

Can only hope @@Gemmill isn't taking notes.

If you like good pizza or if you haven't been yet, get yourself to Cal's Own in Jesmond. Word on the street is that it's not long for this world, so go and get a fucking amazing pizza (comfortably the best in Newcastle) before it shuts its doors.

If you like good pizza or if you haven't been yet, get yourself to Cal's Own in Jesmond. Word on the street is that it's not long for this world, so go and get a fucking amazing pizza (comfortably the best in Newcastle) before it shuts its doors.

It's not as good as Pizzeria Italia iyam.

Plus as Alex has said the owner is a bellend.

The owner doesn't sit at your table while you eat, pizza-muncher.

I've not been to Pizzeria Italia, where is it? I mean you're almost certainly wrong about this but I need an alternative for when his place shuts down.

Cos lazy fucks like you haven't bothered your arse to go. Get there this month.

I don't get it. It looks great, gets 4.7 on trip advisor, is in a prime location, but is struggling? Even if the owner is a dick (sounds like a perfectionist to me), as you say, what difference does that make.

I'll go next time I'm eating out in Jesmond anyway, if it's still trading...

If they are using the Naples style and authenticity they will be very good. The best PIzza in Italy is in Naples where you can get them for about 3 euro.

It's mint Parky. The base is light as fuck. I'm not having this shit from Alex and Tooj that the manky looking takeaway in 4 Lane ends roundabout is on a par.

@@Renton - I'd go this month if I were you.