General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Basically feels he's achieved what he came into the sport to achieve and wants to be there for his young family. Fair enough I suppose. He'll probably do a Schumacher in a few years anyway (a comeback, not a skiing accident).

I don't particularly follow F1 any more now that it's an unreliability- and personality-free zone, but Nico Rosberg has just retired from the sport with immediate effect having won his world title. That's quite impressive. :lol:

:lol: Hamilton will be thanking all the gods that he has been praying to.

Basically feels he's achieved what he came into the sport to achieve and wants to be there for his young family. Fair enough I suppose. He'll probably do a Schumacher in a few years anyway (a comeback, not a skiing accident).

I don't want to sound skeptical but could it also be a "I won by the skin of my teeth and I can't rely on Hamilton having as many issues in the future so I'm just giving up so I don't get beat off the poor person anymore"

Edited by Kevin Carr's Gloves

What is also astounding is that Daily Mail readers donated £800,000 towards his legal costs. Most of them wouldn't give the steam off their piss to charity but are happy to throw money at a soldier because he murdered a rag head.

What is also astounding is that Daily Mail readers donated £800,000 towards his legal costs. Most of them wouldn't give the steam off their piss to charity but are happy to throw money at a soldier because he murdered a rag head.

Nothing Daily Mail readers do astounds me anymore. I am just astounded anyone reads that shit.

Nothing Daily Mail readers do astounds me anymore. I am just astounded anyone reads that shit.

My Dad reads it every day, he's an ex-soldier, working class labour bloke, 71. He's definitely changed his outlook over the 20 years or so he's been reading that since he switched from the daily mirror. He's still not in outright DM reader mode but naturally voted leave after being drip fed all that shit.

My Gran reads reads it but she's in her mid-90s. It probably feels left wing to her given how much things have changed over her life.

I doubt it, mate, what period do you think think heralded a change in worker rights? Now or your grans era? Some folk went abroad to fight against fascism despite being from a neutral country, some ran British fascists out of their towns in your grans day. Like my Dad, I think you probably get a bit more right wing as get older, it's almost like a fear thing. (Not that my dad's RW, he just has moved more in that direction from the way he was when I was younger.)

Guy needs to stay in prison, he murdered a prisoner of war.

Would a suspended sentence not have been more appropriate though? Hanging squaddies completely out to dry isn't good for morale in general. If you'd served in the forces yourself you'd understand.

Would a suspended sentence not have been more appropriate though? Hanging squaddies completely out to dry isn't good for morale in general. If you'd served in the forces yourself you'd understand.

How droll, he wasn't hung out to dry. He knew exactly what he was doing which is wblatant in the audio.

I doubt it, mate, what period do you think think heralded a change in worker rights? Now or your grans era? Some folk went abroad to fight against fascism despite being from a neutral country, some ran British fascists out of their towns in your grans day. Like my Dad, I think you probably get a bit more right wing as get older, it's almost like a fear thing. (Not that my dad's RW, he just has moved more in that direction from the way he was when I was younger.)

Fair points.

Posted a bit about being depressed every now and again a couple of weeks ago and probably undersold how bad it was.

Used it as a bit of a first step in a way to see how it would be to actually admit it to myself, and see how the reaction would be in a place where (no disrespect :lol: ) it really didn't matter.

The responses were great and helped me build up the courage to admit I might have a problem to my family and friends.

Going to a regular drop in session now and feeling a lot better already for it all not being in my head.

So thanks for all those that responded and I encourage anyone else who's struggling through anything to just tell someone, anyone about it. Even strangers online to start off with.

Anyway, continue :lol:

How droll, he wasn't hung out to dry. He knew exactly what he was doing which is wblatant in the audio.

Yeah, a guilty verdict and suspended sentence is what should've happened for putting an enemy combatant out of his misery. Acknowledgement of the crime but sentence more in keeping with the context of the situation.