North Korea

sweetleftpeg

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

I preferred CT's brand of wummery tbh, which says it all.

I can't believe people are still going at it tbh

2 hours ago, wolfy said:

The issue is about what we are told to accept, not about what I believe the alternative is.

So you'd have a problem with people being taught that your ice dome and denpressure concepts are the truth. Good good, glad we've cleared that up. :good:

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

But she was a hawk and would double down on Syria. Clearly she was a much bigger threat to global stability #parky

I still don't consider the taking down of NK to be a bad thing. They're a constant antagonist in the region and even China would want rid of them if it didn't mean a war on their doorstep. Unlike Syria, they've not got a Western instigated civil war going on.

Having said that, Trump is going against his word in getting involved in all of this. He was supposed to be isolationist. 

While not being blind to the global apocalypse scenario, if he actually solves the NK problem then he'll have accomplished something undeniably positive.

Ok, further reading tells me that NK have managed to attach nukes to ICBMs. There's no benefit in attacking them on that basis, the opportunity for Western involvement has been missed IMO.

Doubt anything will come of this.

Yeah but see NK's response. They've stated they'll launch a pre-emptive strike against any US aggression. 

Interesting that they've made no threats beyond self defence. The thing is NK must know that there's no endgame where they win. They won't want war.

They're both queer cunts I wouldn't like to bet on which one will back down. What's the possible outcomes? US lets them continue to develop nukes after the threats they've made? Can't see it. Kim abandoning the nuclear program? Can't see that either. The longer the world pussyfoots around NK the more dangerous they become. The exchanging of empty threats is achieving nothing. Sanctions will achieve nothing. It's an inevitable war and for the sake of the world it needs to happen sooner rather than later. Unfortunately

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

Ok, further reading tells me that NK have managed to attach nukes to ICBMs. There's no benefit in attacking them on that basis, the opportunity for Western involvement has been missed IMO.

Doubt anything will come of this.

Intervention was an opportunity in the early to mid 90's under Clinton. His advisers opted against it instead opting for appeasement in the form of cool-water reactor technology I believe in return for some empty promises to discontinue their weapons program.

That ship has sailed well and truly now. 

Nobody knows how advanced NK's weapons program is. They have demonstrated their capability to deliver warheads with their ICBM's but whether they have managed to miniaturise their nukes to fit onto their missiles is anyone's guess. That is the end goal in order to guarantee the sovereignty of their regime.

The US's hands are tied on this. Attacking NK guarantees the destruction of Seoul and SK at a minimum. It is in the best interests for the US not to go down this path as it plays into China's hands by portraying America as the aggressor and SK would likely fall under China's  sphere of influence as a result.

China's ultimate goal is to expunge America from Asia and ultimately the Pacific to become the dominant power in the region.

13 hours ago, Renton said:

Yes or no wolfy? My strength has nothing to do with it.

Is professing that nobody died in 9/11 an emotional issue? I guess it inevitably is. See here is my take on it. To make that claim, I'd have to be literally certain I was right, because the consequences of being wrong would be so utterly disrespectful it would be simply heinous. I don't think you could be that certain and still have an open mind, and therefore it's proof you have a closed mind.

If I'm a weakling then you're a coward for not being honest about your views btw. Good to see you so rattled though tbh. 

The silly part in all of this is the mere fact that you are implying that I've mentioned what you claim I have.

You need to calm down and stop getting yourself into a frenzy and trying to use emotion to gain some kind of foothold.

Here's something for you to stay on topic.

Is it possible that nukes are fake and is it possible that NK is just being used as a duping tool for the ever gullible masses to be scared into believing they have the capabilities to send nukes to targets thousands of miles away?

Is it possible?

I'll put that question to anyone else.

My view is, it's not only a continuing massive dupe on the public but the entire news network that promote this stuff are going one step further in attempting to blatantly take the piss out of the entire public.

2 minutes ago, wolfy said:

The silly part in all of this is the mere fact that you are implying that I've mentioned what you claim I have.

You need to calm down and stop getting yourself into a frenzy and trying to use emotion to gain some kind of foothold.

Here's something for you to stay on topic.

Is it possible that nukes are fake and is it possible that NK is just being used as a duping tool for the ever gullible masses to be scared into believing they have the capabilities to send nukes to targets thousands of miles away?

Is it possible?

I'll put that question to anyone else.

My view is, it's not only a continuing massive dupe on the public but the entire news network that promote this stuff are going one step further in attempting to blatantly take the piss out of the entire public.

No, that's entirely impossible. I think I can safely say that is the position of everyone on this forum except you. Furthermore, nobody is ever going to be swayed to your way of thinking since you never offer a shred of evidence for you batshit "theories". So what's the point in you being here? This is a forum for sane people. 

Just now, Renton said:

No, that's entirely impossible. I think I can safely say that is the position of everyone on this forum except you. Furthermore, nobody is ever going to be swayed to your way of thinking since you never offer a shred of evidence for you batshit "theories". So what's the point in you being here? This is a forum for sane people. 

No further correspondence necessary with you.

1 minute ago, Renton said:

Stop trying to debate with an insane person who is also a massive cunt.

3 minutes ago, wolfy said:

No further correspondence necessary with you.

Well, won't you at least have the decency to start and stay on your own threads rather than ruin proper serious grown up threads for everyone else?

No? Thought not. :rolleyes:

Edited by Renton

9 minutes ago, Renton said:

So anyway, what's the deal with Seoul? Are they within artillery range of the N Korean border? 

Was just reading that they're undertaking an urgent review of their capabilities to intercept missiles. Seems certain that they'd be in trouble. In fact, there seems no outcome from the whole thing that would be beneficial to them, even if the US won with minimal casualties.