Your favourite stand up comedians?

Toonraider

I'm sure Rock and Chappelle have been mentioned elsewhere in this thread, but I always thought Mitch Hedberg was hilarious (was really bummed out when he died). I've heard one of David Cross' (Tobias Funke, the analrapist from Arrested Development) albums and he had a hilarious routine about edible gold on the album I had. Came out around 2003 or 2004 probably- a lot of Iraq War/ Bush material.

Additionally, I think I'm one of the few people who finds Artie Lange funny on Stern, but not as a stand-up. Same goes for Gilbert Gotfried- never really thought this stand-up was funny, but on Stern? Christ, the man's a genius.

GENIUS. :good:

RIP :angry:

Its amazing how some things pass you by in life. Just watched the Religion one of this and thought it was great. Never heard of the guy but going to watch some more.

Cheers for that.

Never heard of George Carlin? Seriously?

There's also this band, I think they're from Liverpool... The Bootles? The Battles? Hang on, it'll come to me... :rolleyes:

Edited by Cid_MCDP

Dave Gorman bored me when he stood in for Skinner, who's excellent.
I can see how he would be, I'm just easily pleased tbh
Collings and Herrin and Adam and Joe are still the best comedy podcasts though.

Shall have a gander, cheers.

Tried out Jupitus and...stupider? the other day, didn't reckon much to them.

There's also this band, I think they're from Liverpool... The Bootles? The Battles? Hang on, it'll come to me... :good:

I'm not surprised when people outside the States don't know who he is. He's just not that big a deal. He's decent, but I often wonder how the US passes up on some of the UK talent and hails this guy as some kind of god.

PS Tommy Tiernan

Edited by to dumb

There's also this band, I think they're from Liverpool... The Bootles? The Battles? Hang on, it'll come to me... :good:

I'm not surprised when people outside the States don't know who he is. He's just not that big a deal. He's decent, but I often wonder how the US passes up on some of the UK talent and hails this guy as some kind of god.

PS Tommy Tiernan

I just figured since he's basically on the level of Pryor or Steve Martin when it comes to recognition you guys would have heard of him over there.

Dave Gorman bored me when he stood in for Skinner, who's excellent.
I can see how he would be, I'm just easily pleased tbh
Collings and Herrin and Adam and Joe are still the best comedy podcasts though.

Shall have a gander, cheers.

Tried out Jupitus and...stupider? the other day, didn't reckon much to them.

Stuck with Jupitus as long as I could but had to give up. The man is a cunt.

• 2 months later...
Big fan of Minchin, his beat poem "Storm" always make me smile.

I recorded a concert that was on Tv a while ago. I'vw watched it twice now, he's a clever guy. How on earth does he remember all those lyrics!! I'm not normally a fan of musical comedians...but he's different.

good to see Doug Stanhope on Newswipe these days.

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=...ient=firefox-a#

While I'm posting, Michael Mcintyre is a disgrace. 'Have you noticed, right, how some people hoover like this and others, well, they hoover like this!' Absolutely fucking pathetic.

good to see Doug Stanhope on Newswipe these days.

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=...ient=firefox-a#

While I'm posting, Michael Mcintyre is a disgrace. 'Have you noticed, right, how some people hoover like this and others, well, they hoover like this!' Absolutely fucking pathetic.

Best part of the show imo :rolleyes:

• 9 months later...

Went to see Louis CK in Houston this week, absolutely incredible, he is probably my favorite right now, also really enjoying Jim Jefferies too, hopefully he will be round this way soon on tour.

The fact that you rank Lee Evans amongst your favourite stand-ups is funnier than Lee Evans himself. He's basically Phil Cool's less funny younger brother. And it's not easy to be less funny than Phil Cool.

Hicks is quality. I like Gervais's stuff, but he's not done enough of it

I think you will find Lee Evans has a bigger following that Gervais. Gervais is a David Willams ( from Liitle Britain) comic. A lot of gay people and toffs like him. Thats why I think its strange why you like him when you live in Newcastle. Maybe you bat for the other team.