Team v Levadia Tallinn (a)

TOPTOON

I'm thinking we can't take this too likely but some players should be tried out i.e. milner and its a good chance for Taylor too to form a CB parnership with Moore (shambles isn't up to it). Parker maybe should be rested imo as god forbid he was injured.

Squad Glen's taken out: Given, Harper, Krul, Carr, Babayaro, Bernard, Ramage, Taylor, Bramble, Moore, Huntington, Duff, Emre, Parker, Pattison, N'Zogbia, Ameobi, Rossi(ineligible), Martins, Sibierski, Luque, Milner, Butt

My Team:

Given

Ramage Taylor Moore Baba

Milner Butt Emre Duff

Ameobi Martins

SUBS

Harper

Car

Huntingdon?

Parker

Sibierski (if comfortable, give run out instead of Shola)

Pattison

Zoggy (give him a run out at some point, just don't want him knackered for weekend)

Edited by TOPTOON

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

N'Zogbia should start every game when fit imo.

I see where our coming from and i totally agree he is one of our best players. My thinking in leaving him on the bench for this one is the same as Parker being on the bench i.e. Glenn has stated he doesn't want to over play Zoggy so i'd preffer to play Zoggy at the weekend given the choice and bring him on if/when we need him in this game. Maybe start him and rest Emre?

Babayaro won't be starting, surely? Unless we're planning on injurying him again on purpose?

Anyone but Ramage at left back please.

Maybe your right as Babayaro, Parker, Taylor and Ameobi are apparently having fitness tests before the game.

Bernard maybe? He's not very fit though yet.

Zoggy ?

Is Huntington any good?

Maybe try out Siberiski instead of Shola too?

Who the fuck are they? Will be a shite scrappy game 1-0 mabye.

I'd take a scrappy 1-0 to us right now as a win is a win, but think we will win comfortably 2-0 !

We as a team have alot to prove as do some individual players. i.e. Milner, Butt, Taylor, Ramage.

Edited by TOPTOON

Fuck me, why not play Luque?

You don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to realise there are problems behind the scenes between Luque and Roeder.

This is Marcelino all over again.

You don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to realise there are problems behind the scenes between Luque and Roeder.

i dont think this started with luque and roeder, more like luque and tommy craig, is luque heading the dressing room foreign backlash against newcastle? the quicker he is off the books the better. i read elsewhere in the threads 5 players handed in transfer requests rumours they might be but since when did anyone hand in a transfer request never mind 5 players. glen does not seem able to quell any speculation or rumours at the moment, a total silence from st james park about tommy, nothing about milner except it will do him good been messed about, shepherd trying to get one over on oneil is "pathetic" . grow up fred you could not get oneil, its no good destroying newcastle for oneupmanship.

i dont think this started with luque and roeder, more like luque and tommy craig, is luque heading the dressing room foreign backlash against newcastle? the quicker he is off the books the better. i read elsewhere in the threads 5 players handed in transfer requests rumours they might be but since when did anyone hand in a transfer request never mind 5 players. glen does not seem able to quell any speculation or rumours at the moment, a total silence from st james park about tommy, nothing about milner except it will do him good been messed about, shepherd trying to get one over on oneil is "pathetic" . grow up fred you could not get oneil, its no good destroying newcastle for oneupmanship.

I do have a degree of sympathy with Luque for the fact that last year he had very few chances to play. When he eventually gets on the pitch you realise how difficult he finds having so little time on the ball and how his head begins to go down after a few errors. I think he'd probably get better and maybe hit a purple patch after a few months of playing regularly but we're not in a position where we can give him a chance due to how shoddy we're playing at the moment.

I also think Freddy is the one who's alienating all the overseas players at the club. He's probably said stuff behind the scenes about "foriegn journymen" or something to that extent and it's gotten back to the dressing room. Anal Oliver won't be winning any awards for xenophobia awareness and everyone knows he's really just the mouthpiece for Fat Fred.

We've been saying it for years that this club is rotten and it needs a complete overhaul and fuck all has happened on that front and wont until Freddy packs his bags and leaves. He's running the show, no doubt about it. In Roeder he's got the perfect yes man. Fred say's jump, Glenn say's how high?

I'm thinking we can't take this too likely but some players should be tried out i.e. milner and its a good chance for Taylor too to form a CB parnership with Moore (shambles isn't up to it). Parker maybe should be rested imo as god forbid he was injured.

Squad Glen's taken out: Given, Harper, Krul, Carr, Babayaro, Bernard, Ramage, Taylor, Bramble, Moore, Huntington, Duff, Emre, Parker, Pattison, N'Zogbia, Ameobi, Rossi(ineligible), Martins, Sibierski, Luque, Milner, Butt

My Team:

Given

Ramage Taylor Moore Baba

Milner Butt Emre Duff

Ameobi Martins

SUBS

Harper

Car

Huntingdon?

Parker

Sibierski (if comfortable, give run out instead of Shola)

Pattison

Zoggy (give him a run out at some point, just don't want him knackered for weekend)

I`m known for sticking by Bramble, but last week was poor and even I could offer no excuses except for Ramages non-exsistant LB performance. Only thing I can say is that he has always found the European style games comfortable. He is technically a good player but obviously has trouble thinking under high tempo premiership games. The slower more technical games in europe he manages to play well and score the odd goal. I can`t think of a Howler he has made in europe, i`m sure someone has them catalogued. I think we are our own worst enemy when it comes to our defensive frailties. Everybody knows in order to have a good defence you need a consistant back four week in week out, but in the real world thats not possible. The only alternative to this is having a worldclass CB in there along our average defence ( like when we had Woodgate ) but the club managed to mess that one up. If you think hard enough you will realise all of the defensive players in our entire squad mess up when they play for us even Taylor but Bramble plays more, gets injured less and there fore makes more mistakes from opportunity. Remember how piss poor Ramage was at the end of Souness`s rain and the beginning of Roeders. Taylor hasn`t been the same since his injury and Moore has still to produce the form he showed in the world cup. Carr and Babayaro well.....where do i start. We probably have the least consistant back four lining up each week.