What are you listening to ?

Jimbo

Oh aye it's only because stoned and dethroned was the album that got me into them, whilst I listened to isn't anything before loveless, so it's merely just from a 'when I first got into em' point of view. I was born in '93 btw and didnt get into either until like '06ish so you can understand my less than stellar outlook on it like.Yeah I'm looking forward to the new album actually, ifthere's one band I can trust to pull off and album so far after the last it's mbv.

Sorry but it's an empirical fact.

Just for Gene_Clark's benefit, if I was being complaisant I would agree but personally from my own empirical facts Nancy and Lee's version of Some Velvet Morning was the pinnacle and it's all been downhill from there.

TBH some of it is all rather turgid.

Oh aye it's only because stoned and dethroned was the album that got me into them, whilst I listened to isn't anything before loveless, so it's merely just from a 'when I first got into em' point of view. I was born in '93 btw and didnt get into either until like '06ish so you can understand my less than stellar outlook on it like.Yeah I'm looking forward to the new album actually, ifthere's one band I can trust to pull off and album so far after the last it's mbv.

Check out Swervedriver, Raise and Mezcal Head, releases if you haven't heard them already, especially if you're into MBV and JMC.

'93 hey, well don't listen to the cabbie re music.

Swervedriver are class :D. I'll look into the others cheers, always looking for some new (for me) stuff to get into. To be fair to CT he doesn't read, can't expect someone like that to do anything but listen to cat piss music.

Swervedriver are class :D. I'll look into the others cheers, always looking for some new (for me) stuff to get into. To be fair to CT he doesn't read, can't expect someone like that to do anything but listen to cat piss music.

If that's the case you need to, if you haven't already, find and listen to (all bands):

Amusement Parks On Fire

A Place To Bury Strangers

Belong

Magnetic Morning

Ringo Deathstar

Slowdive/Mojave 3

Atlas Sounds

Bailterspace

The Besnard Lakes

BRMC

Black Ryder

Deerhunter

Damn you amazon!!

Strolled into town to the local HMV with a view to purchasing the Hacienda 30 complilation....assistant had never heard of it, but located tucked away at the back, £12...so I thought bet its cheaper on amazon, so gets in, looks it up and its £11-98! :lol:

However, scrolling down to the "people who viewed this...." section has now left me short of at least £30....

this:

is from this:

http://www.amazon.co...54365876&sr=1-4

Got a Saturday in the house on me own working remotely so I'm going through the whole Tivo'd series of Jools Holland. Half way through and I'm annoyed by how little of it interests me.

I've only enjoyed the old timers like Dionne Warwick and Alice Cooper.

Losing my ear for the new shit :(

Don't listen to anything post 98ish me....."its all shite" blah blah blah ;)

Was working out how much new stuff i'd bought in the last 12 months......Jack Black, Bombay Bicycle Club (think that was released last year, but saw them at Glasto 10 and was impressed...was only a 5er too) and the Vaccines.

Went to see Squeeze supported by Paul Heaton last week...

Gigs coming up...

Orbital

James supported by Echo and the Bunnymen

Simple Minds

In the last three days I've worked at the ARIAs, the Australian version of the Grammy awards and tonight I've had to cut something using a One Direction song!

I'm ready to pour acid down my ears!

Oh and there is nothing like a 50 year old executive producer telling you it's like a Dub Step beat out.

Fuck off :angry2: