Cooking

Gemmill

Pigs in blankets :up:

Aye I think we'll be having pretty much the usual. I don't even like turkey that much tbh + I think i'll mainly be getting pissed too.

Out for lunch on Boxing Day, 16oz T bone steaks I'm going to have to put some serious running in in january :lol:

So what are Pigs in blankets?

Cocktail sausages wrapped in bacon

Chipolatas wrapped in bacon.

Btw, CT is getting way too much stick for his food here:

Last photo = student food.

Microwaving vegetables = sensible (not the time scales though).

Adding a stock cube to gravy - hardly the crime of the century.

Posting pictures of every meal - weird.

Just think of CT's poor wife who he shows them to, excitedly running into the living room with his apron on, wielding a salt shaker telling her to knock The Chase off and come and have a look. "Yes, Alan*, it looks lovely. I'm just having an omelette tonight" she says and leaves him to it.

*I don't know what your name is, CT but Alan seems pretty accurate

Just think of CT's poor wife who he shows them to, excitedly running into the living room with his apron on, wielding a salt shaker telling her to knock The Chase off and come and have a look. "Yes, Alan*, it looks lovely. I'm just having an omelette tonight" she says and leaves him to it.

*I don't know what your name is, CT but Alan seems pretty accurate

Clive

Chipolatas wrapped in bacon.

Btw, CT is getting way too much stick for his food here:

Last photo = student food.

Microwaving vegetables = sensible (not the time scales though).

Adding a stock cube to gravy - hardly the crime of the century.

Posting pictures of every meal - weird.

No stick from me, I just had a smile at the fact a photo of it was posted considering its appearance.

@@Christmas Tree (really it's a tip for him since it's food and it's easy)

One of my favourite Xmas snack type things for watching movies/football etc.

Preheat oven to 200c

Get a large pack of cocktail sausages (60-80)

whisk together

• 130ml of Honey
  • 2tblsp of Dark Soy Sauce
  • 2tblsp of Veg Oil

Dump in your sausages and coat then transfer to a baking sheet lined with grease proof, lob in your oven for 30mins

Tasty tasty.

Too drunk to check but I think you gave me this nugget last year and it was a winner :)

@@Christmas Tree (really it's a tip for him since it's food and it's easy)

One of my favourite Xmas snack type things for watching movies/football etc.

Preheat oven to 200c

Get a large pack of cocktail sausages (60-80)

whisk together

• 130ml of Honey
  • 2tblsp of Dark Soy Sauce
  • 2tblsp of Veg Oil

Dump in your sausages and coat then transfer to a baking sheet lined with grease proof, lob in your oven for 30mins

Tasty tasty.

Sesame Oil instead of Veg Oil and you are on a winner :good:

Actually got that recipe here years ago, might've been Meenzer who gave that one out from memory.

Snacks on the menu this year (both for Xmas and Boxing Day) are

Beef Tataki with a Ponzu dipping sauce. That is 1kg block of rib-eye fillet seared on each side for 1 minute and cooled in an ice bath before being sliced thinly and served cold (keep in fridge until ready to serve), dipped in a Ponzu sauce which is made with lemon/lime/grapfruit juice mixed with rice wine vinegar, soy sauce and dashi (dried seaweed stock).

Oysters, Pacific Rock Oysters and smaller Sydney Rock Oysters with either Ponzu sauce, or a sprinkle of pepper and some lemon for the traditionalist.

Blue swimmer crab which I'll go out and catch on Tuesday morning and have them cooked in a large wok (in pieces) with white wine, pepper corns, soy and ginger.

King Prawns which I'll have to buy and will be cooked very simply on the BBQ, skewered, after having a 1hr salt-water bath.

Clams cooked in white wine, garlic and a bit of (not too much) cream also on the BBQ.

Washed down with a few Coopers, and a bit of Margaret River Savignon Blanc. Looking more forward to the 'snacks' rather than the traditional mains fare this year. I'm sure there will be plenty of leftovers for sandwiches and the like. :lol:

naw think CT was right and i put it on here a couple years back, i do use Sesame Oil tbh, just easier to use veg oil since everyone will have it

Pretty certain it was Meenzer. Don't make me go all Columbo on your arse! :lol:

Honey and dijon mustard also make fab cocktail sausages.

Remember going to a party once where the hosts had a pot of homemade BBQ sauce that they'd slow-cooked sausages inside. You just fished them out. Got harder as they dwindled, obviously but it was lush.