Materialism: The "What have you bought?" Thread

Tooj

You ought to be ashmed to know the make Brock young lad.

My mam loves them so I was going to get her one last xmas until I saw the price and baulked at it. :blush2:

We've got to have a little splurge every now and then, Catmag. I bet you could've wangled a free one off of Fish though. ;)

I rarely buy myself anything, including clothes and shoes. I've not had a holiday in 4 years and no annual leave since April, plus I work overtime every week.

I decided I was worth treating myself :)

Just bought a violin to play next time catmag buys herself something. :razz:

the wife just me a kindle fire for my birthday. i feel canny ungrateful because it's been a week and i haven't touched it yet. i was planning to buy myself an ipad at some point next year but now i've got this there doesn't seem much point, which is annoying and kind of why i'm toying with whether to send it back or not. i'm a bit of a saddo apple fan boy and can't really be arsed deviate from the apple ecosystem of apps that i'm used to.

anyone else played with it? is it worth keeping?

It reviews canny poorly when compared to the Nexus 7, I know that much. Amazon have basically taken Android and messed about with it to tie you in to buying from them.

You would be better off swapping it for a Nexus 7 if you're prepared to stick with Android.

I never understood the point in them I thought the point of a kindle was the easy on the eye ink type reading malarkey. Once it turns into a backlit tablet it seems a bit pointless. Or just a budget tablet to add to the rest of them

Aye it's not really a kindle for reading anymore, but it's Amazon's attempt to get you to buy all your digital music and video content from them.

1347289798-16508800.jpg

i had bought a pair of these

$T2eC16FHJIQE9qUHri6NBQhHFNMjS!~~60_35.JPG

from the ski swap, but the brakes are next to impossible to interchange and they wouldn't fit my skis

Edited by tooner

1347289798-16508800.jpg

i had bought a pair of these

$T2eC16FHJIQE9qUHri6NBQhHFNMjS!~~60_35.JPG

from the ski swap, but the brakes are next to impossible to interchange and they wouldn't fit my skis

Really? You must be piste!

Careful lads, these puns are a bit of a slippery [ski] slope.

What's got you so annoyed? Wrong time of the month, is it? Forgot to change your crampon?