Materialism: The "What have you bought?" Thread

Tooj

These are the theatrical ones - for £10. Might upgrade at some stage, sick of black bars on blu rays mind.

Me hopes you jokes.

just bought a bespoke suit from a place called dress2kill near waterloo. not bad value at all - £380 for a tailor made suit complete with a couple of flash touches like red stitched button hole and matching red lining with my initials in the pocket.

Me hopes you jokes.

Well no. You spend a fucking fortune on a television which is by default 16:9 & 70% of things are framed 2.39:1 instead.

I watched Hitchcocks ''Rope'' recently and the framing was perfect - Lord of the rings - black bars <_<

I think it's plain daft. Why can't they syncronise simple things?

61zJVgwvOdL._AA1500_.jpg

Take it back!!!

Try just getting a normal cheap-ish pram that DOES NOTHING other than being a pram then switching to a easily foldable buggy for about £50 when the baby gets a bit older. Easier, less hassle and cheaper. In a couple of years you'll think 'what a waste of money' I promise you. ;)

Take it back!!!

Try just getting a normal cheap-ish pram that DOES NOTHING other than being a pram then switching to a easily foldable buggy for about £50 when the baby gets a bit older. Easier, less hassle and cheaper. In a couple of years you'll think 'what a waste of money' I promise you. ;)

I'm thinking that already man.

But I'm whipped

:D

A capsule you can take out of the car and pop straight in the pram or just use when visiting etc to rock bubs to sleep is very very handy. The portable bassinet is handy as well if you go out a lot.

I fucking hate Our Jamie oliver Garlic crusher.

The Mrs does the cooking, I do the washing, and her one of those bastards is a right twat to get bits out of. At least the cheaper models have a removable bit to clean.

The best chefs slice garlic thin as paper with a good knife anyway :P

Just got a potato ricer as it happens. In classic Amazon style, it came in a box about five times bigger than the actual product. For a moment I was wondering what the hell I'd ordered online while drunk.

My pea like brain can't understand how you can get more mashed than mashed?

The trick with a masher is to mash and then carry out a whisk like technique.

Lovely creamy mash every time.

Not convinced by a ricer.

a ricer is superb for getting smooth silky style mash you'd expect in a high end restaurant

My pea like brain can't understand how you can get more mashed than mashed?

The trick with a masher is to mash and then carry out a whisk like technique.

Lovely creamy mash every time.

Not convinced by a ricer.

So despite people on here recommending it as well as various famous chefs you're still not convinced?