Materialism: The "What have you bought?" Thread

Tooj

Just got a potato ricer as it happens. In classic Amazon style, it came in a box about five times bigger than the actual product. For a moment I was wondering what the hell I'd ordered online while drunk.

Which one did you go for? I bought a cheap one from Ikea (I think) a while back which didn't last long. Been in the market for another one since then.

Which one did you go for? I bought a cheap one from Ikea (I think) a while back which didn't last long. Been in the market for another one since then.

I got this one from Amazon, was a couple of quid cheaper when I bought it mind. Can't judge its long-term quality but it feels quite sturdy and the reviews seemed mostly decent.

I got this one from Amazon, was a couple of quid cheaper when I bought it mind. Can't judge its long-term quality but it feels quite sturdy and the reviews seemed mostly decent.

The one in Marksy's was £15, felt quite sturdy, however it seemed to me that you would only get one spud in at a time. Not sure if that's the normal size.

The one in Marksy's was £15, felt quite sturdy, however it seemed to me that you would only get one spud in at a time. Not sure if that's the normal size.

How many spuds would you like to fit in like? (aye that's normal)

Currently building one of these for shits and giggles :D

A4C4E459-EC1F-4124-AFA5-6F39ABCD339B-3228-000001C61A12C4F9_zps3aeb5a50.jpg

Got this far atm

6668C7C4-CD15-4352-AA64-728A57194CEE-1194-0000006674C50230_zps9b8f90ab.jpg

Quality that like.

Golden Axe or Streets of Rage II were my favourite arcade games as a bairn like. :D

About to have a new kitchen with bi fold doors fitted. I'm sure this will turn into a saga that could challenge Gemmil's house move for plot twists and turns.

3yjuty5u.jpg

And an assortment of shit from ikea.

Does that have an ice dispenser inside?

You've also reminded me I've still got 4 Picture frames from IKEA at Matt's house... they've been their for over 6 months at least :lol:

Edited by The Fish

Nah no ice dispenser. Couldn't be chewed getting one that needed plumbing in, and I knew I'd never bother filling the tank on one that didn't take plumbing (plus the tank uses up a load of your storage space on those ones).

It's canny though. Quiet. You can display your photos on the LCD to fwiw.

Nah no ice dispenser. Couldn't be chewed getting one that needed plumbing in, and I knew I'd never bother filling the tank on one that didn't take plumbing (plus the tank uses up a load of your storage space on those ones).

It's canny though. Quiet. You can display your photos on the LCD to fwiw.

Gonna have to make sure you connect the correct folder, or people are going to be off their food.

:lol: Licking the fridge door more like.

Just emerged from 8 hours of Ikea Wardrobe Hell. Fuck me, those things are a chore.

Disappointed the Roomba couldn't do it for you

Hang on a second, aren't you moving house soon? Why are you buying all this stuff already?

Edited by The Fish

Sideart arrived yesterday :D

B2C69517-7D0A-4275-A3DF-972D33CCCBCF-6110-000002DA76A774F3_zpsebbc6827.jpg

The brother-in-law is into his games cabinets too. He has 5 that he bought for cheap of varying quality. Also has the boards or whatever for a load of games including the originals for WWF Superstars, Street Fighter 2(including all original artwork still sealed in the bag), Double Dragon, Tetris, Bubble Bobble and a Neo Geo emulator or something with Metal Slug and loads of others. I enjoy my visits to his home.