What are you reading?

khay

As brilliant as The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy series is, Douglas Adam's best book is Last Chance To See if you can find it.

I've just read the Dirk Gently novels and although both had great patches, overall I was a bit disappointed by them.

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished Cat's Cradle and Deadeye Dick by Vonnegut and loved them both. Finished the latter in a day or so since his prose flows amazingly well. Feels like you've only read 10 pages, not 200. The content is right up my alley as well, think I'll start (and probably finish) The Sirens of Titan tonight and make a start on one of the short story collections.

I've got Mason and Dixon by Thomas Pynchon to get through as well which I've been putting off for a while.

"Slaughterhouse 5," "Slapstick" or "Cat's Cradle" great places to start with Vonnegut.

"Crying of Lot 49" for Pynchon.

I've just finished "The Ginger Man" by JP Donleavy with Alasdair Gray's "Lanark" to come next

Off for a three-day break on the banks of Lake Geneva this weekend, so looking forward to catching up on some serious reading. Mostly books the fella's got out of the library. The way things are going round here tonight, there's a decent chance we might get to keep them. :lol:

The merry monarch, eh?

That's him :lol: Though reading about him, his early life was anything but a walk in the park. To keep the book company I have brought out the BBC series on him [not seen it, but wor lass has and says it's full of nekid bods - which, of course, is not the main reason I have brought it :lol: ]

The merry monarch, eh?

That's him :lol: Though reading about him, his early life was anything but a walk in the park. To keep the book company I have brought out the BBC series on him [not seen it, but wor lass has and says it's full of nekid bods - which, of course, is not the main reason I have brought it :lol: ]

I studied him as part of A-Level history. Interesting times.

I read SJ Watson's debut, Before I Go To Sleep and thought it was very good. Although a little too much like Memento, albeit that's no bad thing. Met him and got my copy signed and he came across as a decent guy so hats off to him.

Currently reading Tess Gerritsen's latest; The Silent Girl. Also got this signed, and managed not to embarrass myself meeting her. Thankfully avoided the 'I have all your books!' routine. The book is good so far, standard crime fiction affair. :lol:

Just finished a few books, need some recommendations ;)

Finished the following:

Ned Boulting - How I Won the Yellow Jumper: Dispatches from the Tour de France - Shit. Ned Boulting is a cunt of the highest order but seeing as though this was one of my fave subjects I thought I would give it a go. Wish I fucking hadnt.

Richard Moore - Slaying the Badger: LeMond, Hinault and the Greatest Ever Tour de France - Intriguing insight into one of professional cycling's great rivalries. Present day interviews with both men form the book's core. Moore travels to Hinault’s farmhouse in Brittany and to LeMond’s home in rural Minnesota for their take on events 25 years later. Wildly different characters, it’s easy to see where conflict would have arisen. Hinault, single-minded and uncompromising, was just 23 and in his first Tour when he orchestrated a go-slow during a stage to Valence d’Agen. Considered la Patron, he is shown to have wielded huge influence over the peloton throughout his career. LeMond, charismatic but lacking in tactical nous, is portrayed as an outsider in what was the distinctly European world of professional cycling

Stuart Macbride - Cold Granite - A book about a child serial killer set in Aberdeen. Another Scottish Cop book along similar lines as Rankin & Rebus. This book is very dark in places but very well written and to help you through has funny passages. Really enjoyed this.

I've given in and ordered the full set of Harry Potter books ;) Now a mate on FB reckons there are differences between the Adult version and the Childrens version ;) (I've bought the Adult set) I thought the only differences were in covers, illustration and text size. I knew the American books were altered slightly as they dont 'get' some of our English terminology.

I've given in and ordered the full set of Harry Potter books :blush: Now a mate on FB reckons there are differences between the Adult version and the Childrens version ;) (I've bought the Adult set) I thought the only differences were in covers, illustration and text size. I knew the American books were altered slightly as they dont 'get' some of our English terminology.

Oh dear TR you have let us down :D

There's loads of fucking in the adult ones. Hagrid and Grawp turn Hermione inside out.

:D

Looks like Gem is a fan of them though, so thats ok ;)

Edited by wykikitoon

I've given in and ordered the full set of Harry Potter books :blush: Now a mate on FB reckons there are differences between the Adult version and the Childrens version ;) (I've bought the Adult set) I thought the only differences were in covers, illustration and text size. I knew the American books were altered slightly as they dont 'get' some of our English terminology.

Oh dear TR you have let us down :)

There's loads of fucking in the adult ones. Hagrid and Grawp turn Hermione inside out.

I know he is as he sent me all the audio links for the books!

And why have I let you down? Harry Potter is stupendous!!! :D

Oh dear TR you have let us down :)

OMG, Whats happend to TR?

I've given in and ordered the full set of Harry Potter books :D Now a mate on FB reckons there are differences between the Adult version and the Childrens version ;) (I've bought the Adult set) I thought the only differences were in covers, illustration and text size. I knew the American books were altered slightly as they dont 'get' some of our English terminology.

Oh dear TR you have let us down ;)

:)

Looks like Gem is a fan of them though, so thats ok :blush:

OMG, Whats happend to TR?

She's gone on her holidays ;)