José Enrique

Baggio

Newcastle United supporters owe Kevin Keegan everything, in terms of what he has done for the club. Without him, we would have spiralled into the 3rd division if not even further down into the 4th. This club was facing the abyss when he took that managers job, and supposedly bigger managers - like Bobby Robson with all due respect to a great manager and a wonderful man, and Jack Charlton who didn't want the job either when he had it - he was the ONLY person who had the bottle to take it when it needed someone to stand up and save it.

Lack of bottle ? No balls ? A quitter ? These people are joking, he is a true NUFC hero and legend, and deserves all the praise we give him.

I couldn't agree more LM. To paint KK as a money grabbing cunt is absurd. Shit patter like Phil's is why I stopped going on N-O.

Can you explain the 25m law suit? No, cos that doesn't fit your bromance.

Feel free to leave :(

Edited by Phil

Newcastle United supporters owe Kevin Keegan everything, in terms of what he has done for the club. Without him, we would have spiralled into the 3rd division if not even further down into the 4th. This club was facing the abyss when he took that managers job, and supposedly bigger managers - like Bobby Robson with all due respect to a great manager and a wonderful man, and Jack Charlton who didn't want the job either when he had it - he was the ONLY person who had the bottle to take it when it needed someone to stand up and save it.

Lack of bottle ? No balls ? A quitter ? These people are joking, he is a true NUFC hero and legend, and deserves all the praise we give him.

I couldn't agree more LM. To paint KK as a money grabbing cunt is absurd. Shit patter like Phil's is why I stopped going on N-O.

Can you explain the 25m law suit? No, cos that doesn't fit your bromance.

Feel free to leave :(

"Bromance"? :razz: I see you speak twattish.

I don't need to explain anything to you. You're a mug. Why don't you fuck off instead? :razz:

Edited by Kitman

He'll probably end up at Spurs. Him and Bale would be a good left side to a team - possibly the best in the league?

god, that would be even more sickening than him going to liverpool

He'll probably end up at Spurs. Him and Bale would be a good left side to a team - possibly the best in the league?

Unlikely, if they don't get CH/League, Arry's been told "sell to buy". Not saying he wont end up there but Bale could well be off.

Enrique would have gone to Liverpool in January with Carroll if they had had the finance at the time. They are coming back for him in the summer and it may well be as good as sealed as Thompson said.

Meireles is pretty good to be fair.

He's certainly not part of the best central midfield pairing in the country. In fact I'd go so far to say Liverpool's problem this year has been their midfield.

Wilshire, Modric, Van Der Vaart, Scholes, Villa, Tiote, Essien all better. And there'll be many more I haven't mentioned.

Meireles is pretty good to be fair.

He's certainly not part of the best central midfield pairing in the country. In fact I'd go so far to say Liverpool's problem this year has been their midfield.

Wilshire, Modric, Van Der Vaart, Scholes, Villa, Tiote, Essien all better. And there'll be many more I haven't mentioned.

Agreed PMSL as tough guy's statements they're barely the best midfield in Liverpool let alone the country especially as Gerrard is perma-crocked.

Enrique would have gone to Liverpool in January with Carroll if they had had the finance at the time. They are coming back for him in the summer and it may well be as good as sealed as Thompson said.

or even that we had cover for Carroll — albeit kak — but no cover for Enrique?

I can see this summer being similar to the summer we lost Gazza. . Especially with the Enrique money burning a hole on top of the Carroll money. At best we will survive a tight relegation scrap next season, which will only be delaying the inevitable anyway.

A few half decent average signings, like Larsson, maybe 5 or 6, to replace the 2 gone. Llambias will say its "good business" ie 2 commodities out and 6 commodoties in and money in the bank etc, however the players who come in will only be exactly that, half decent. Manager forced to attempt to patch up a team without being allowed to tempt the real quality players. Out of 5 or 6, he might hit the jackpot once, but 4 of them will not really be up to it and nowhere near the quality of those lost. Its the law of averages.

Hence, the money is gone [or however much is allowed to the manager], or the board say it has gone when we all add up the figures and they don't add up, and we have a worse team, despite the optimisim prior to the kick off in August among some that we have a "bigger squad".

The lesson is that it is quality that counts. Most teams have a couple of plodders in terms of the rest of the team ie squad players, even the best ones, but the one sure fact is that if you have aspirations to be a top 6 team you need at least 3 players, a few more and you finish higher, who are absolutely top notch, top class, who play and stay fit most of the time. For that you usually have to pay big bucks, Liverpool are paying us big bucks for Carroll and Enrique because they want to get back into the top 4 and are not happy they have slipped out of it.

Willie McFaul is an absolutely smashing guy, grade 1, one of the best of all the Fairs Cup players which is saying something, and his heart was totally in the club, but from when he took over the job as manager he was forced to sell Beardsley and Gazza and try to replace them. He performed a miracle finishing 8th after losing Beardsley, but it couldn't last and despite the optimism before the first game of the season in August 1988, I knew we would have a real fight to stay up that season because losing Gazza too was just one step too far.

That's how I feel, LM.

We not only sold Gazza but sold Goddard and an improving Neil Mcdonald, we spent the money on their replacements and went from 8th the season we had them to 20th the following year with their replacements.

The faith shown by some on here towards MA is staggering.

I can see this summer being similar to the summer we lost Gazza. . Especially with the Enrique money burning a hole on top of the Carroll money. At best we will survive a tight relegation scrap next season, which will only be delaying the inevitable anyway.

A few half decent average signings, like Larsson, maybe 5 or 6, to replace the 2 gone. Llambias will say its "good business" ie 2 commodities out and 6 commodoties in and money in the bank etc, however the players who come in will only be exactly that, half decent. Manager forced to attempt to patch up a team without being allowed to tempt the real quality players. Out of 5 or 6, he might hit the jackpot once, but 4 of them will not really be up to it and nowhere near the quality of those lost. Its the law of averages.

Hence, the money is gone [or however much is allowed to the manager], or the board say it has gone when we all add up the figures and they don't add up, and we have a worse team, despite the optimisim prior to the kick off in August among some that we have a "bigger squad".

The lesson is that it is quality that counts. Most teams have a couple of plodders in terms of the rest of the team ie squad players, even the best ones, but the one sure fact is that if you have aspirations to be a top 6 team you need at least 3 players, a few more and you finish higher, who are absolutely top notch, top class, who play and stay fit most of the time. For that you usually have to pay big bucks, Liverpool are paying us big bucks for Carroll and Enrique because they want to get back into the top 4 and are not happy they have slipped out of it.

Willie McFaul is an absolutely smashing guy, grade 1, one of the best of all the Fairs Cup players which is saying something, and his heart was totally in the club, but from when he took over the job as manager he was forced to sell Beardsley and Gazza and try to replace them. He performed a miracle finishing 8th after losing Beardsley, but it couldn't last and despite the optimism before the first game of the season in August 1988, I knew we would have a real fight to stay up that season because losing Gazza too was just one step too far.

That's how I feel, LM.

We not only sold Gazza but sold Goddard and an improving Neil Mcdonald, we spent the money on their replacements and went from 8th the season we had them to 20th the following year with their replacements.

To be fair, on here there is only a small amount of people who still have faith in Ashley, although it is borne out of their hatred for Shepherd as much as anything.

On Newcastle Online, and on skunkers, they are rife, they are totally cringeworthy. There are loads, dumb fuckwits all of them. This is by far the best message board with the best posters and the people who see the club correctly now.

That's how I feel, LM.

To be fair, on here there is only a small amount of people who still have faith in Ashley, although it is borne out of their hatred for Shepherd as much as anything.

On Newcastle Online, and on skunkers, they are rife, they are totally cringeworthy. There are loads, dumb fuckwits all of them. This is by far the best message board with the best posters and the people who see the club correctly now.

Some people think Ashley is disliked because he is seen as a Cockney, some because he pissed off our 'Messiah', (Usually talksport type pundits), but if they saw the unrest and abuse which the likes of McKeag used to get for nothing like the shit this buffoon has put on our club then I'd say he's had a very comfortable ride, although his mate Dekka really doesn't like it when the FCBGOOOC chants used to be sang, (forget the grin he was seething.)

Never been on N-O or Skunkers.

Who would they be, not me, I can "understand" what's been going on, but having "faith" in him is s stretch.

All I like about him is the depth of his pockets.

Who would they be, not me, I can "understand" what's been going on, but having "faith" in him is s stretch.

What's the use in deep pockets if he doesn't put his hands in them to sign players?

What's the use in deep pockets if he doesn't put his hands in them to sign players?

Erm, that'd be keeping the club a going concern.

I can see you don't "have faith", I'm talking about others, I think come september you'll be honest enough to admit you were wrong...likewise if he spends all of the Carroll and Enrique money [or enough of it to show we are a progressive club again within reason] then I will admit I am wrong or maybe he has seen the error of his ways. But I don't expect and I'll be hugely shocked if we do anything more than patch up the squad with mostly sub standard players this summer.

Johnson's not even the best LB at the Liverpool man, that's an insult to Martin Kelly.

And Meireles? Absolute garbage!

Fucking hell craig Johnston a right back for fuck sake. Do you own this site? Fucking feel sorry for geordies the boss of this site a toff. Why not do a rugby site mate you know nothing about football.

Johnson is so bad at defending i'd i have to think who to choose between him and Simpson.

I've always said Johnson would make a world class winger. Hes like Carlos to me, leaves to many gaps at the back. But hes still the best right in the prem crossing and coming forward.