José Enrique

Baggio

Now...normally i'd say we have no chance of Clichy but with our new influx of french players could we do a swap deal? Do you think he would be interested?

;)

:lol:

Seriously?

I have a feeling that he is holding off to see who we sign and how much we spend. I think if we sign the right players, and show Enrique and Co. that we are now aiming for Europe, then he will sign on and stay. I also think the club know that too.

I have a feeling that he is holding off to see who we sign and how much we spend. I think if we sign the right players, and show Enrique and Co. that we are now aiming for Europe, then he will sign on and stay. I also think the club know that too.

You're optimistic. I'll give you that, if nothing else. ;)

Seen a few sources today claiming that arsenal want jose for 8mil while we are holding out for 10mil.

Gael Clichy looks set to leave for around the same figure.

Now...normally i'd say we have no chance of Clichy but with our new influx of french players could we do a swap deal? Do you think he would be interested?

Pay as you play?

;)

:lol:

NUFC not giving up in fight for Jose Enrique

NEWCASTLE United assistant manager John Carver believes that a Toon exit for Jose Enrique this summer is far from a foregone conclusion.

The Chronicle understands that United will pull out all the stops to hold on to Enrique and can confirm that the ex-La Liga star – nicknamed The Bull – will be back on Tyneside this weekend ahead of Monday’s first day of pre-season training at the club’s Benton base.

United’s bid for Neil Taylor hit a snag when Swansea City chairman Huw Jenkins put the block on a £1m bid for the Welsh international but, while the promising full-back’s arrival could still happen, the sight of Enrique back in a black-and-white shirt would mean much more to Newcastle followers.

Newcastle are yet to receive a bid for Enrique, and despite a claim from Liverpool legend Phil Thompson – who said it was a “done deal” – nothing has materialised for the Anfield side or anybody else.

United have made Enrique a “superb offer” and will talk to him on his return to Newcastle next week to see exactly where they stand.

In the meantime they will get Enrique reacquainted with United, and the news that his close pals Jonas Gutierrez and Fabricio Coloccini both want to stay could also be a factor for the Spaniard.

Carver told the Chronicle: “As far as we are aware Jose will be back on Monday – I have been told nothing to the reverse.

“And Jose will be getting a warm welcome like he always does.

“I know he will give us 100% like he always does and he wouldn’t dream of letting anybody down.

“As far as I know, everybody will be back including Jose and Joey Barton and it will be great to see them again.

“They are all still under contract and will be ready to start preparing for the new season with Newcastle United.”

Whether Enrique accepts his new contract offer on Tyneside remains to be seen, but both Carver and manager Alan Pardew would have no complaints if their left-back is still a Newcastle player on September 1 once the transfer window has shut.

Im getting the suspicion he might be doing the same as Barton.

"I'll leave for a CL team now otherwise its a Bosman"

Makes sense. He see's himself playing in Europe which is fair enough. I dont think he dislikes being here, but has bigger aspirations. I reckon he may well still be playing here next season but in the hope that a CL type team will put a bid in for him. The longer this goes on the more likely we are to accept an offer rather than him walk away. The player is in the driving seat tbf.

Tell you what, I'll take another year out of Enrique as long as he realises he's going to have to work his bollocks off like everyone else. Toward the back end of last season, he looked like he was a player thinking about where he was heading next.

Aye he was like. But I reckon assuming he does start next season, if he wants away to a club in Europe he'd need to shop window himself again which is only good for us.

Tell you what, I'll take another year out of Enrique as long as he realises he's going to have to work his bollocks off like everyone else. Toward the back end of last season, he looked like he was a player thinking about where he was heading next.

Aye he was like. But I reckon assuming he does start next season, if he wants away to a club in Europe he'd need to shop window himself again which is only good for us.

True. I fear that if he does say he's going to stay on (even if it's just until January), the club will take that as reason not to get some decent LB cover in. I know we have Ferguson but he looks better further forward.

Jan is the concern like. Jose plays well until then and we get an offer that the club "cant refuse" rather than him leave for nowt. Then we cant get a replacement until next summer.

Someone posted a clip of him at the end of the Championship seasoin saying he wanted to be here for life. Probably would have been a good time for the club to take him up on it.