Enrique

Carr

as our only fit defenders.

Line up's/predictions?

--------------Given--------------

Carr--Beye--Rozehnal--Enrique

Milner---Barton--Butt---N'Zogbia

---------Martins----Viduka--------

The above depending on Carr's fitness(fatness!!LOl) and Beye's ability to play centre half. Otherwise, I can see Edgar slotting in.

Newcastle 2-1 Liverpool

However, I can see one of the wingers being dropped to accom. Smith.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Newcastle v Liverpool

12.30pm, Saturday, Sky Sports 1

I have a feeling Sam Allardyce will have been cursing the international break.

Not only has he lost Michael Owen to injury again, but it has meant an awful long time dwelling on their last game at St James' Park - that 4-1 defeat to Portsmouth.

It might well have been a freak result but I am sure they would have wanted the chance to get it out of their system as soon as possible.

Whether they can or not, I am not sure, because it seems to be something embedded in the club. They seem to be back where they were a couple of years ago - shocking individual mistakes undermining everything they try and do.

I don't know what it is about Newcastle, but perfectly solid, reliable, dependable defenders with good records at their previous clubs go there and turn to jelly. Claudio Cacapa is the latest one and you do wonder what Sam Allardyce can do to stop it.

If anyone can, it will be him because he had a very good defensive record at Bolton. It was never going to happen overnight, but I did expect some improvement by this stage.

In fact, it looks like after a decent start, things have taken a downward turn. The new signings, like Joey Barton, haven't made an impact and then, after all the time he's been out, they go and lose Michael Owen again.

Sam must be seething. Was Austria really a game he needed to be playing? After all his injury problems? I don't think so.

What it does mean is another chance for Obafemi Martins, but you must wonder how he is feeling.

Last season he was their main man, this season he is shunted down the pecking order and as soon as Owen gets injured his manager tells him it's time to show us how good he is! But they will need him to do that, whatever he feels about it.

They might not have got it completely right but Liverpool are still unbeaten this season.

They have probably drawn too many games though, which is probably why Rafa Benitez is still getting stick from all corners!

He will point to results and that unbeaten start, but the other side of the coin is, they are already six points off the leaders - in a season when plenty of people were expecting them to be challenging for the league.

For me he does chop and change too much and is perhaps a little too cautious in his selections, when really it's simple. You play the strongest team available when you can - the Portsmouth game was a classic example.

Over the course of the season, dropping two points here and there will soon add up.

For instance, Fernando Torres did not play for Spain in midweek, so should be raring to go. He is better than anything else they've got in attack, so he has to start on Sunday.

But big Peter Crouch played 90 minutes on a boggy pitch on Wednesday, so Rafa will probably pick him because he's fresh!

The Champions League is coming up next week as well, so it is anybody's guess who gets the nod - particularly in attack.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Daniel Agger come straight back into that central defence because Sami Hyypia hasn't had the best of times. Agger was looking pretty solid before he got injured. And although he hasn't been what you'd call poor, even Jamie Carragher has not been up to his usual high standards.

I think that could be vital here as well. These two sides have served up some great games for us on Sky Sports down the years but I can't see this being the same.

Newcastle will be a little nervy, Liverpool are not that open anymore and neither side is exactly flying right now.

Le Tiss predicts

AWAY WIN - I know Newcastle are decent at home but I just have a gut feeling that Liverpool will nick this. Of course that means Rafa sending out his strongest side, which is no means a dead cert, but I think he has to here. They need a good result heading into the Champions League and they can't afford to lose any more ground. If they are positive I can see them winning by the only goal.

Matt's Main Man

FERNANDO TORRES - It's hard to pick anyone from the Liverpool squad, because they could just as easily not be playing! But Torres is their most dangerous forward and is a class above the other strikers Rafa has on his books. It must be hard for the lad coming from Atletico Madrid where he was the main man, to Anfield where he seems to be just another striker. It's up to Rafa to gauge how he handles that, but if he plays Liverpool are a real threat.

Actually, now that Owen is injured, will we see Fatso revert to his favoured 4-3-3?

Given

Geremi

Beye

Rozehnal

Enrique

Barton

Butt

Emre/Smith/N'Zogbia

Milner

Viduka

Martins

Get pissed on I reckon, look on the bright side BS will only have another three gamesdefeats after this one

... that's the bright side? :lol:

behave yourself short fella

in no way is ANOTHER change at the top a good thing.

:icon_lol:

we'll lose 1-0 I reckon. play a 4-5-1 aim to stifle them.

we should play

Given

Beye Rozenhal Edgar Enrique

Milner Butt Barton N'Zogbia

Viduka Martins

but we wont

..................Given

Geremi...Beye...Rozehnal...Enrique

Smith...Butt...Emre...N'Zogbia

............Martins...Viduka

That's what I think Allardyce will put out, that way he can push Smith in field and move Zog up into a 4-3-3 if he feels he needs to.

1-1.

I reckon it will be

---------------------Given----------------

Carr---------Beye-------Taylor-------Nzogbia

---------------------Geremi-----------------

----------Butt------Barton-------Emre------

---------Viduka-------------Martins---------

I think that would be shit but think he will try something like that.

I reckon it will be

Taylor not injured ?

I reckon it will be

Taylor not injured ?

Yes he is. Probably Beye & Rozy at CB.

3 at the back !!!

Why hasn't this clueless prick put Geremi at right back and played 4 at the back ?

we are going to get fucking humped !